X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    You should have been the facilities manager at the Gas Company......
    She doesn't have the time. She's still the parking monitor at CompUSA in town

*DD RUNS TO THE HILLS*
    www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

So I've driving though downtown. It's a bit past 10AM. Traffic isn't too bad, I'm headed down the road in the right lane and I've got the green light for the next intersection. This minivan on the side street on the right is heading for the red light - a little fast. Goes right past the stop line. Doesn't stop until he sees me and then stops with half his van hanging out in my lane. Sheesh! What a lamer.

One of my fantasies is to put a video camera in my car and upload "Honolulu streets of shame" to youtube. If I had a camera running, that video would have been uploaded! Hmmmmm. Radio Shack has a close out on a video recorder for $30..... Now, how to mount it?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        So I've driving though downtown. It's a bit past 10AM. Traffic isn't too bad, I'm headed down the road in the right lane and I've got the green light for the next intersection. This minivan on the side street on the right is heading for the red light - a little fast. Goes right past the stop line. Doesn't stop until he sees me and then stops with half his van hanging out in my lane. Sheesh! What a lamer.

One of my fantasies is to put a video camera in my car and upload "Honolulu streets of shame" to youtube. If I had a camera running, that video would have been uploaded! Hmmmmm. Radio Shack has a close out on a video recorder for $30..... Now, how to mount it?
        Duct tape!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post

*DD RUNS TO THE HILLS*
          I'll never get angry at you.

Cause you filled my ice-box with juice and soda dat lasted foa weeks. Plus, fed me Prime Rib and Chinese Food!!!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            Adrian, was the accident caused by that scary flying candy wrapper (henceforth to be called a SFCW)?
            Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
            *DD RUNS TO THE HILLS*
            Ahhh, the joys of morning laughter fill my hale while reading this thread. (Oop - sorry - that's not a "peeve," is it?)

Comment

I hate it when somebody's happy in this thread Okay now that post makes sense
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Duct tape!
                My car may be old, but I've got more pride in it then that! I did pick up the unit this evening. I'll have to see if this will work out. For $30 hard to go too far wrong.

Comment

My Pet peeve right now is Helen is still up!

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

NAH...JOKE.

Good night Helen....I love you.heheheh

Auntie Pupule
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

My car may be old, but I've got more pride in it then that! I did pick up the unit this evening. I'll have to see if this will work out. For $30 hard to go too far wrong.
                    GG...google camera car mounts. While those mounts would be an overkill for your needs you still might get ideas that you can adapt on a smaller scale.

Comment

My current pet peeve is pedestrians who still refused to accept any responsibility for their own safety. I know...that's another thread!

Just yesterday, while at a red light at Punchbowl and King, the green light side had the flashing red hand. A gentleman in a wheel chair was on the sidewalk, didn't stop for a second, didn't make eye contact with anyone and proceeded to start his cross just as the flashing red hand turned steady. And, he wasn't using the wheels to propel himself. He had the foot rests flipped up and was using his feet to very slowly pull his way across the street. Most drivers, regardless of what lane they were in, honored the fact that the man was in the crosswalk and we ended up having to wait thru another red light. There was no acknowledgement of thanks from the man.

Had the wheelchair bound man started his cross at an appropriate time and, because of his handicap, had to continue the cross right on thru the signal changes I'd be much more understanding. And, if he is both sight challenged and wheel chair bound, he should have an aide for his own safety.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        My current pet peeve is pedestrians who still refused to accept any responsibility for their own safety. I know...that's another thread!

Just yesterday, while at a red light at Punchbowl and King,...
                        Oh, I can top that! A homeless guy with death wish. Need I say anything more?

And then there's that time I'm coming down Pensacola approaching an intersection. My lane is clear, but the two on my right are stopped. Not because the light is red, but because the traffic on the other side of the light is stopped. The cars were not entering the intersection to avoid getting trapped when the light turns. So as I'm motoring along, as my lane is clear, this head pops out from in front of the stopped car on my right. This idiot is crossing against the light in the presence of traffic! And he had this most ridiculous hat on as well. Think of "cat in the hat" in Rastafarian colors.

I so wished I had a car camera!

Comment

I hate it when someone announces you bought something that's better than what everyone has, and everyone in the room watches you.

I just bought a drumstick ice cream cone for dessert after hearing that coworkers labeled what little fudge popsicles we had to theirs. When an assistant manager asked where I got my drumstick ice cream, everyone looked at me and their mouths salivated like pavlov's dogs. I answered, and tried to go back to eating my treat, but everyone still was either staring at me or talking on how good it looked.

Sorry yeah, our company can't shell out $3 ice cream treats. </rant>
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Three bucks for ONE icecream?! Or a box of them?
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh, I can top that! A homeless guy with death wish. Need I say anything more?

And then there's that time I'm coming down Pensacola approaching an intersection. My lane is clear, but the two on my right are stopped. Not because the light is red, but because the traffic on the other side of the light is stopped. The cars were not entering the intersection to avoid getting trapped when the light turns. So as I'm motoring along, as my lane is clear, this head pops out from in front of the stopped car on my right. This idiot is crossing against the light in the presence of traffic! And he had this most ridiculous hat on as well. Think of "cat in the hat" in Rastafarian colors.

I so wished I had a car camera!
                              AHA!!! KSSK's famous "Mr. Limpy"....wonder if its that big haole dude with the red face and limp as he walks....and when he pau...he actually walks well.

Comment

Originally posted by hifotog View Post
                                AHA!!! KSSK's famous "Mr. Limpy"....wonder if its that big haole dude with the red face and limp as he walks....and when he pau...he actually walks well.
                                No, I don't think either of them was Mr. Limpy.

Comment

Working...
                                X