X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by adrian View Post
    I already know about the readyboost
    It's okay, Adrian. Most of us knew that you, as a computer professional, are more than capable of doing your own online research. I didn't see you asking for advice, just stating a problem.
    Sorry that someone had to try to show you up.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I busted my arse off all afternoon preparing dinner. He doesn't like Sour Cream. I'm on Strike!

Da nerve.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        He doesn't like Sour Cream.
        Awww...how sweet. They are still learning things about each other! That's what keeps a relationship fresh.

Just trying to make you smile, Lynn. I know you're p.o.'ed - just remember, not everyone developed the wide palate that you did. It's what makes you a good cook - but it's frustrating when you slave over a dish, only to learn that someone doesn't like something that's in it. You'll probably find out other things he doesn't like, so maybe you'll need to discuss menus with him a little more in advance.

When I saw your postings about the stroganoff, my thoughts included the following:
        * MmmmMMMmmmmMMmmmm - that looks delicious!!!
        * I wouldn't be able to eat it though - I'm allergic to mushrooms (better tell Lynn that, if she ever cooks for me.)
        * Hey! What happened to the chicken that was supposed to be her meal (you know - the one that was in the Advertiser's "breaking news?" )

Comment

Yeah...you made SMILE!

I pau mad. Next time, I make half with and half without Sour Cream.

I do plan menus. He just didn't know what was Beef Stroganoff!heheheh

He lucky he get one live-in chef! Das wat I told um.

As foa the Advertiser Chicken ~ my friends at Church wen Kaukau all of it!

Auntie Lynn

No Mushrooms? Pua ting!!!
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            He lucky he get one live-in chef!
            Very, very true - just like me. And AF has done me the honor of adapting and tweaking many, many dishes, in order to accomodate my picky tastes.

Comment

I can't even open the files on 2 USB flash drives because its not vista compatible.
              Are these "common" USB drives or "secure" ones? I thought the secure ones had a access program that had to be installed to decrypt them. In that case, the program may not be Vista compatible which results in not being able to read the drive.

Comment

I already know about the readyboost, I'm talking about accessing USB flash drives in Vista - to get data off of them.
                It shouldn't matter as long as the drives are formatted in either FAT32 or NTFS. If Vista can't recognize them chances are the drives aren't formatted correctly or as GeckoGeek indicated they may be encrypted. Does Windows even recognize them?
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  It shouldn't matter as long as the drives are formatted in either FAT32 or NTFS. If Vista can't recognize them chances are the drives aren't formatted correctly or as GeckoGeek indicated they may be encrypted. Does Windows even recognize them?
                  I fixed it. Yesterday, I plugged in my external hard drive, but it had the same error, so by chance I restarted, and it went through. Today, I tried the USB drives, and they work beautifully.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Today's pet peeve, is whenever someone tries to talk to you when you're on the phone.

Comment

Today's pet peeve, is whenever someone tries to talk to you when you're on the phone.
                      My pet peeve is when I can't tell someone is on the phone because they are using a headset and there is no light indicating that it's active.

Comment

My advice to you, Adrian, is to never have children - this is one of their primary talents.

Comment

1) I hate it when I can't access hawaii threads. (pinging the IP, domain name, using the domain name and IP in FF, clearing cache, cookies, reset firewall, restart computer, all doesn't work)

2) Today's pet peeve is "slow internet communication". I supposedly have an interview with a small local ISP for a computer tech job tomorrow, but they didn't give me an address or time (its kind of a cross between my current job and the Hawaiian Telcom job). And with the way they've been answering their emails, they probably won't reply back until next week. According to my email server, they read the email this morning.

Comment

1) I hate it when I can't access hawaii threads. (pinging the IP, domain name, using the domain name and IP in FF, clearing cache, cookies, reset firewall, restart computer, all doesn't work)
                            Honest, Adrian, it's not worth getting all worked up over. Chances are it's a host problem which you can't do anything about. Can't log on to HT? Just do sumthin' else!
                            2) Today's pet peeve is "slow internet communication". I supposedly have an interview with a small local ISP for a computer tech job tomorrow, but they didn't give me an address or time (its kind of a cross between my current job and the Hawaiian Telcom job). And with the way they've been answering their emails, they probably won't reply back until next week. According to my email server, they read the email this morning.
                            Back to basics then. Might the phone book yield you a number to call?

Comment

Further discussed here.
                              Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Back to basics then. Might the phone book yield you a number to call?
                              Yes, but he still may be unsure which one to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                [...]Yes, but he still may be unsure which one to use.
                                That's when a blindfold and a dart comes in handy!

Comment

Working...
                                X