X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Threaten to complain to the appropriate government agencies if they don't.
    And unless I'm mistaken, that would be the PUC - Public Utilities Commission or the FCC

Comment

I know what my pet peeve for the next week, if not month: MS Office 2007. They re-did the whole user interface. I can't find 'nuttin any more. File | Print? HA!

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        I know what my pet peeve for the next week, if not month: MS Office 2007. They re-did the whole user interface. I can't find 'nuttin any more. File | Print? HA!
        I know. It took me a long time to figure out how to open a file, or even create a new file. The other thing is that it has a new file extension. If you save a Word file as a 2007 document and send it to someone else with Word 2003 or older, he or she won't be able to open it unless they've downloaded a converter program from Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          There is (was) a hair spray product back in the 70's called Psssst. You spray it on like a hair spray and brush it out. What it did was a dry wash of your hair making it smell great (again).
          I so remember Pssst! Why can't they just make it again?!? Damn! That was great for muggy weather and flat, oily hair. The smell was never a concern because I wash mine everyday, but it's nice to be dry and fluffy even when the weather is not and it has made you look like a bird in an oil spill! Okay, that's an exageration but you know what I mean.

Maybe there's a pet-care product to substitute.
          Aloha,
          Evelyn
          Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Hey! An idea for a new product...deodorizing hair spray!!! I don't think once a week hair washing is all that unusual. My mom used to wash her hair once every 2 weeks because she couldn't stand the fly aways that come with clean, fine hair. It took a week of hair spray to calm them. I don't ever recall an odor much less a foul odor.

Body Mint rocks! Works from head to toe!
            hint gleaned from the too-many beauty mags i read: cornstarch, like the kind by johnson & johnson for bebes. sprinkle about a teaspoon into your hand and drizzle through roots, & smooth with hands/brush until it has absorbed excess oil. spray roots with hair spray to help style. then spritz body spray of choice thru hair.

corn starch absorbs oil and adds body. alcohol in hair spray and body spray refreshes. wouldn't be surprised if Pssst! was basically this combination. i remember the product being on the shelves but it was discontinued before i ever had a need to use it. some nights you come home too late and too sloppy to bocha and might have a slip and fall in your own shower if you insist on doing so. usually, those nights are followed by a pounding headache that makes you postpone getting out of bed as late as possible. gross, i know, but hey--no one's complained and my coworkers would have told me if i were smelling even the littlest funkytown.

should mention that i know of an EMT who uses this trick at the end of a workday and before she goes on a right-after-work dinner/date/whatever.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
              I know. It took me a long time to figure out how to open a file, or even create a new file.
              Do the old keyboard shortcuts still work?

The other thing is that it has a new file extension.
              What's the extension?
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                hint gleaned from the too-many beauty mags i read: cornstarch, like the kind by johnson & johnson for bebes -SNIP-

corn starch absorbs oil and adds body. alcohol in hair spray and body spray refreshes. wouldn't be surprised if Pssst! was basically this combination.

I'll wager you're absolutely right! They have jasmine scented ones now too. I guess I know what I'll add to my little bag of tricks... gotta find a small one.

Then again, the older I get, the less I want powder near my face... the wrinkles show more! Aaaack!

Thanks for sharing that tip!
                Aloha,
                Evelyn
                Homespun Honolulu

Comment

When you try to help the PTO of your school with a big time fundraiser, and snipy, small minded, power brokers, try to derail you at every turn.

Is Dog the Bounty Hunter a bad role model?
                  Is there some kind of pi$$ing contest that goes on among and between different Hula Halaus?

I can say that I did not know the answer was YES to both questions.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                    When you try to help the PTO of your school with a big time fundraiser, and snipy, small minded, power brokers, try to derail you at every turn.

Is Dog the Bounty Hunter a bad role model?
                    Is there some kind of pi$$ing contest that goes on among and between different Hula Halaus?

I can say that I did not know the answer was YES to both questions.
                    I wanna talk about this. I want to give my opinion. No surprise on the Hula Halaus -- it's professional jealousy I think.

But, yes, there is always someone who will try to shoot down what you think is a good idea. That crap ticks me off too!

The "Dog" may not be the best role model but I think he is threatening enough to the younger children that he is a good one. He turned his life around and the focus has to be there for the older set, in my opinion. Okay, so he may not be perfect but he has his pluses. I think it depends on the age group and how it is approached. He knows how to talk to people if he knows who his audience is. He DOES like to talk and he does grow on you.

I have NO idea why I decided I wanted to give my opinion. Okay... I'm shutting up now!
                    Last edited by Sprite; August 23, 2007, 05:35 PM.
                    Aloha,
                    Evelyn
                    Homespun Honolulu

Comment

My favorite kind of professional jealousy is the kind that hurts the schools the most. Seems in Hawaii as if there are tons of folks trying to shoot down good ideas. That's the root of this phrase.......

"Eh bra, we got our ways in the islands, and we don't want to know how you did it on the mainland"

Perhaps parents are nervous about an anti-crime, anti-drug, lawman, with a touch of Jesus, because they know that someday the lawman will be after THEIR child.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

"Eh bra, we got our ways in the islands, and we don't want to know how you did it on the mainland"

You can be darn certain that nobody will defend this statement from a Hawaii point of view. Bwahahahahahahahahahahah

Its basically a confession of supreme ignorance.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

You can be darn certain that nobody will defend this statement from a Hawaii point of view. Bwahahahahahahahahahahah

Its basically a confession of supreme ignorance.
                          While working and living on the Big Island a few years ago I was told by a resident I was counseling to make different choices in order to be in compliance with her rental agreement:

"Eh we from Big Island, we not as smart as you guys from Honolulu."

I responded, "My friends born and raised on the Big Island will either be offended or elated that they may qualify for disabilty income simply by being from the Big Island."

She didn't get it.
                          ___
                          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Oh, gawd, yes.
                            That's a hard one to face - especially if it involved your daughter, Tim. If it did, I hope she weathered it well (or was perhaps blissfully ignorant of it, thanks to Dad?)

Comment

Now I know how a grieving parent feels like. My SFF computer won't boot at all.
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                                Now I know how a grieving parent feels like. My SFF computer won't boot at all.
                                NO - you don't. Not even close. For anyone who has lost a child that statement is a slap in the face. You should apologize.

Comment

Working...
                                X