X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by adrian View Post
    Now I know how a grieving parent feels like. My SFF computer won't boot at all.
    Adrian, dat is the most dumbest and hurtful comment you have ever posted!

No EXCUSE WHATSOEVER!

No ack Dumb.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Now I know how a grieving parent feels like. My SFF computer won't boot at all.
      OKA! OKA! OKA!

Hurry and take it back. You're better than that statement. You don't have any idea, and I hope you never will. No words.
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

K-den...I got a Pet Peeve.

I went to an Orientation and saw many applicants who for the life of God didn't have the decency to dress properly nor have the courtesy to be prepared. One woman came with Bra Straps showing, rubbah slippahs and shorts. A man bushwhacked hair with his head on the desk like he neba sleep all night.

Today, I went to see my counselor. As I waited, it was like a Circus of Clowns! People giving each other advices on how to get away with things. Laziness and trying to get what they can get for not doing nuttin!

I'm old school. I was taught to dress for success. Whatever happened to being proud and positive of what you want to achieve in Life? Achieving GOALS? I taught my children to reach for the stars. To be anything you want to be and more. I stopped because I got ill. Then a spark ignited when I read Adrain's thread. Although I was scared...I made the call.

I dunno what I wrote. Dis not my Blog.heheheh

I had to ventilate.

Life is too short to waste.

Live and Share Aloha...but most of ALL ~ Live Your Life and Live Your DREAMS!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Auntie:
          You were a shining star in that room. You were the one who the new employer would see as a potential leader. Heck! You are a leader. That's the difference between you and the rest of the room. They all made you look GREAT.

You Rock, Lynn.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
            Auntie:
            You were a shining star in that room. You were the one who the new employer would see as a potential leader. Heck! You are a leader. That's the difference between you and the rest of the room. They all made you look GREAT.

You Rock, Lynn.
            Lavagal, before the job came along, I sent you a PM and told you I was going back to school. A few minutes later, I received the call. You are my Lucky Star! I went to my interview the next day and landed the job.heheheh I start on Monday.

I'm excited as can be. What I found out these past few days ~ there are jobs out there. One has to have the drive, the want and the initiative, the guts...to excel in Life! There is no excuse in reaching for the Stars!

Mahalo My Friend!

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              What's the extension?
              The old one with a "x" on the end. Like .docx

I suspect it's an Office XML format.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                Do the old keyboard shortcuts still work?
                Actually, I didn't have a chance to look at it for that long. I was setting up a computer that a co-worker had bought so she could take work home with her. She's not very computer literate, but she kinda knows Word (at least Word 2000); and she doesn't use shortcuts. So when she bought it, along with Office 2007, I was curious about compatibility. She spent 5 or 10 minutes and couldn't figure out how to start a document. I then showed her how, but it took me a long time to figure it out (GUI-style). I'm guessing shortcuts work.

To be more OT, my little pet peeve today is that after a mild and pleasant August (even with Flossie), the weather seems to be getting more humid and hot ... and my asthma is acting up. Not a good combination.

Comment

Post #701 ?? Anybody >>?? Anybody ?

Come on you people. You just gonna sit there and let ignorance be your hat. Or are you gonna defend your faith in ignorance. Can't even get them to respond. Ignorant heathens.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Oh man, this is fun stuff......all day, and not one single bite.

Come on Miulang, I figured you would be the first. And where are all the others??

"Eh bra, we got our ways, and we don't want to hear how you did it on the mainland"

bwahahahahahaqhahahahahaljk'dfljhdfsakl;jhgd;jhasd fjkhasdjhadsjasdf

FN Idiots.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Havin' a bad day, Tim?

Comment

Thanks Tutu. You so perceptive. Perhaps your intelligence will rub off on others. Doubtful.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                          Post #701 ?? Anybody >>?? Anybody ?
                          Originally posted by timkona View Post
                          Oh man, this is fun stuff......all day, and not one single bite.
                          I guess my pet peeve is people who get their jollies by baiting people (though transparently so, at least!)... then inexplicably gloat about it when no one is foolish enough to bite.

Hope you have a better week next week, Tim.

Comment

Maybe TutuSue was being a bit generous in asking if Tim was having a bad day.
                            Kinda seems like maybe he's having a bad month... maybe a bad year... heck, maybe a bad life!?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Now I'm even more turned off to driving to work because of traffic. Couple that with how people don't use their turn signals when changing lanes, and how sparsely radio stations broadcast traffic situations, I rather wait at a bus stop for up to an hour to catch a ride home.

Plus, I can't control my MP3 player from my steering wheel.
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Couple that with how people don't use their turn signals when changing lanes....
                                you could honk....
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X