Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Hawaii Beach

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Wasn't knocking it or your suggestion. Just saying.

Imagine 20 years from now when Polihale, and other such secluded beaches in Hawaii will be infiltrated with tourists.

I decided to stay in Waikiki yesterday, and took these shots in front of Duke's, while of course, enjoying the jamz of Henry Kapono...

Yeah yeah, Waikiki and its scenic splendor is highly overated, but it's still one darned beautiful beach, and a great back yard to play in!
    A few years ago, we spent a weekend in Honolulu. On the Sunday we had brunch at the Royal Hawaiian, it was kind of drizzly and humid. But there was nary a soul on Waikiki Beach! We decided that the best time to be on Waikiki Beach was when it was raining; then you can have the beach all to yourself, just like it probably was in the early days when travelling to Hawai'i meant sailing on a Matson boat.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Favorite Hawaii Beach

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Lucky you, indeed. I haven't been to Moloka`i since 1989 - and I was at the beach Miulang mentioned!

The slide guitarist with our halau up here goes to Moloka`i just about every year, and he always sits in with folks at the kanikapila. He's made me several recordings of the gatherings, and he plays and studies with Mr. William Aki.
      I FEEL lucky! I will try to look up Mr. William Aki. I would love to "pick" his brain if he'll let me. I have nothing but awe and respect for any musician (I personally am terrified to perform in public).

Comment

Working...
      X