Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH Warriors vs. Boise State

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
    What a game! What a win! One more to go (or two)!
    One more to finish up the season. Next opponent: Washington Huskies.
    Last edited by Random; November 23, 2007, 07:18 PM.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Boise State, Welcome to the Ha'a Nation!

Comment

I think the Warriors pulled a very classy move at the very end of the game. We had the ball on the 1 yard line, first and goal, with about 45 seconds left in the game. We could've run the score up to 46-27, but instead Colt took the snap and just got rid of the ball. Game over. Classy move. And I hope the sports media noticed it.
        Can't wait to see what happens with the rankings on Sunday!
        GO WARRIORS!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          So, next week...it's Hawai`i vs. Washington.
          And we'll be out that evening, and can't get any game updates. Can you guess where my loyalties will be?
          Yeah, but I'm afraid you're just not gonna get any sympathy at all from us, brah.

Comment

AWESOME GAME, HAWAII WARRIORS DA BOMB. Talk about plenty noise in my neighborhood. I even had my OHANA screaming and chanting..... Thanks HAWAII WARRIORS...... YOU GUY`S MADE HAWAII PROUD!!!!
            bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Sports Illustrated already has this story up on the CNN.com!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Yeah, but I'm afraid you're just not gonna get any sympathy at all from us, brah.
                Well, it ain't as if next week's game matters; tonight's was the important one. Boise State was the team to beat. The Huskies? Sucking pond scum this season. They'll just be one more bump before the Warriors have an unbeaten record.

Do you think Hawai`i will take any flak over the fans rushing the field before the clock ran down?

Comment

Well, it ain't as if next week's game matters; tonight's was the important one. Boise State was the team to beat. The Huskies? Sucking pond scum this season. They'll just be one more bump before the Warriors have an unbeaten record.

Do you think Hawai`i will take any flak over the fans rushing the field before the clock ran down?
                  THAT`S WHAT WAS ALL ABOUT.......
                  bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Well, it ain't as if next week's game matters; tonight's was the important one.
                    Not true at all, brah! We win next week and we're almost guaranteed a big $$$ BCS game, probably the Sugar Bowl.
                    And if Kansas loses tomorrow, that leave us as the ONLY undefeated team, which is another reason we need to beat Washington.

Boise State was the team to beat.
                    Your Washington team beat Boise State 24-10 back in September. Matter of fact, that was BS's only loss... until tonight.

The Huskies? Sucking pond scum this season.
                    Yes, they're 4-7 and that ain't great. But UH has been there, and worse. Too many times.

Not at all. That happens all the time at almost every college.

Comment

Oops, was that game on tonight?
                      Burl Burlingame
                      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

That's because they can fix their goalposts quick if they got torn down during a mob frenzy.

We still need them for one more game.

Comment

With this their latest victory recorded, the prospect of the 'Bows playing in a big-time BCS bowl is looking really good. After the win, one of the first thoughts that entered my mind was how ironic this is, that Hawaii is on the verge of playing in a BCS bowl.

Remember, it wasn't all that long ago that BYU lead a posse of other disenfranchised college football teams out of the WAC. If I recall, (back in 2000-2001), BYU didn't think the WAC wasn't a big enough or prestigious enough of a football conference for them...playing the likes of Hawaii was potentially hurting their chances of big-time, national recognition and perhaps winning a national championship as some point. BYU may not have expressly said this, but I remember it as being implicit.

Fast forward to 2007. Yeah, BYU has played well this year, with an 8-2 record and (at least) a share of the MWC title. I'm sure they are bowl bound. But certainly not to a bowl as big as the one UH should receive an invite to should they defeat Washington. It's the 'Bows who are in the running for the big-time national recognition...not BYU.

It really is ironic how these things work out.

I Mua, Na Koa!...beat Washington!

Comment

Postseason Hopes

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
                            With this their latest victory recorded, the prospect of the 'Bows playing in a big-time BCS bowl is looking really good ... But certainly not to a bowl as big as the one UH should receive an invite to should they defeat Washington.
                            This topic is being discussed here.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

I know - but I thought recently Hawai`i fans were "encouraged to control their enthusiasm," by June Jones, among others. Some silly concern over image (cause the ha`a scares everyone else, maybe?)

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                                crap, I JUST got in, TV is going on.

Tutu, drugs, drinks, I am over here if you need anything, lol.
                                Too late, Tatt!!! I was a wreck long before you got home. Sheesh...where was the Tylenol ES when I needed it?!

Comment

Working...
                                X