Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH Warriors vs. Boise State

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    So, next week...it's Hawai`i vs. Washington.
    And we'll be out that evening, and can't get any game updates.

Can you guess where my loyalties will be? Keep in mind, I was a UW employee from 1984-1995, am presently a student at the UW Extension, and will again be a UW employee as of Dec. 3.

--- --
    -
    --
    ---

Go 'Bows! Warriors!
    you just kind of slipped it in that you're employed again. Congrats to you!!!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      you just kind of slipped it in that you're employed again. Congrats to you!!!
      Thanks, yeah? It'll be a cool job, designing and implementing a new digital archiving system for the UW's NPR station (where I worked from 1984-1995 --- so a lot of the analog archives are productions I had a hand in.)

But I'll still be rooting for UH next weekend. How could I not? They've had an impressive season, and are working their tails off to get the respect that's been long overdue. The AF is in full agreement - and she attended both UH & UW.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        I know - but I thought recently Hawai`i fans were "encouraged to control their enthusiasm," by June Jones, among others. Some silly concern over image (cause the ha`a scares everyone else, maybe?)
        That's three different things. June Jones did a lot of PSA's in print and broadcast because our fans were a little rowdy toward Fresno State fans, and it even got some national attention. (Apparently there were no problems at all last night, and Boise State fans were even quoted as saying how well they were treated at the game!) So that was the "enthusiasm" June was referring to, not to runing onto the field after the game.
        The third thing -- the ha`a -- was about us getting penalized a month ago for doing it before a road game.
        It's all good...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          It's all good...
          ...and that's what I'm glad to hear. I didn't know if there would be any excuse for a backlash against UH at a time when they are entitled to celebrate their victories. Thanks for the clarifications.

Comment

The fans should be allowed to "rush the field," as long as they don't do foolish things like bring down the goal posts. That's expensive and dangerous. After all, Aloha Stadium is a public facility!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
              The fans should be allowed to "rush the field," as long as they don't do foolish things like bring down the goal posts. That's expensive and dangerous. After all, Aloha Stadium is a public facility!
              So, 'den we no can hemo the posts AFTER the Warriors give Huskies dirty lickin' next week???
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

i'm probably the ONLY guy in hawaii who watched the first half on tv but missed the whole second half cuz i went to the ala moana shopping center to meet my wife and daughter, thinking that there'd be a rebroadcast that evening! ugh. looks like i'll have to wait till monday evening to watch the second half. looking forward to it!
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

What a game! Still tryna get my voice back. I was still nervous with 6 min left... Boise always seems to find a way to steal/earn a win. We had 4 tries to get it in the endzone but I too think JJ did the right thing.

Wo Gorriors!

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                    i'm probably the ONLY guy in hawaii who watched the first half on tv but missed the whole second half cuz i went to the ala moana shopping center to meet my wife and daughter,[...]
                    A colleague of mine chose to do her Black Friday Christmas shopping during the game. She told me it was a great strategy! Me? I'm glad I watched the game. I'll shop online instead!

Comment

For those who missed it, or those who want to re-live it -- I just found this blurb on the Advertiser's website:
                      Last Friday's University of Hawai'i-Boise State football game is scheduled for rebroadcast at 10 p.m. today on ESPN2 (analog 21, digital 224).
                      It is not known if the game will be shown in its entirety. Programming also is subject to change.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        For those who missed it, or those who want to re-live it -- I just found this blurb on the Advertiser's website:

It's scheduled for two hours (10:00 pm to 12:00 midnight). so it will be the abbreviated version. It's the dreaded "due to time constraints, we move ahead to later in the quarter ......"

Comment

I also feel rushing the field is an important part of celebrating a huge win near the end of an awesome season. But if the fans keep giving officials reasons to prevent it, they eventually will.

Give back the helmets, for Pete’s sake!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                          USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

Unfortunately, the few selfish IDIOTS spoil things for everyone else!

On a lighter note, I saw a recently-retired friend of mine captured on a TV film clip holding a banner with his brother on the Aloha Stadium field. PURE JOY!

Comment

It's scheduled for two hours (10:00 pm to 12:00 midnight). so it will be the abbreviated version. It's the dreaded "due to time constraints, we move ahead to later in the quarter ......"
                              man, you were so right. it sucked! oh well, saturday's game is coming up real fast!
                              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

What time IS Saturday's game?
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X