Sugar Bowl Tickets Sold Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sugar Bowl Tickets Sold Out

Frazier's head really should roll for this. If it doesn't, let the State Worker jokes commence.

pax

Comment

Hawaii fans are a tad late hopping onto bandwagon
      Turns out the school went through its 13,500 tickets in a blink, leaving angry Warriors fans and season-ticket holders to fend for themselves. But hey, can you blame the school? The 10th-ranked Warriors earned a BCS berth to face the fourth-ranked Georgia Bulldogs (10-2) after finishing as the only unbeaten team (12-0) in the nation, led by one of Chase Daniel's Heisman Trophy finalist competitors, quarterback Colt Brennan. But keep in mind that, despite Hawaii's unprecedented season, its 50,000-seat Aloha Stadium sold out for only two of its seven home games this season.

Comment

You guys are missing the bigger story. I'm not shocked that they underestimated the interest in ticket sales. This was the BCS Bowl Game that would probably attract the least. I'm not shocked that thousands want to go but I am shocked that so many want to pay $2000 to go to a football game. If UH had thousands of unused tickets due to lack of interest, the same people ripping on UH for not having enough tickets would be ripping on UH for not planning for the "obvious"

The better story is that each school apparently can hold some tickets for "itself". Georgia held something like 1500 and immediately released a list of names of people who were getting them.

In typical Hawaii style, UH held something like 3000 and still has not released the list of names of the individuals. Good ole who you know system of local style administration. You know they have a list and could release it in the 5 seconds it would take to fax or email them to the media.

But nope, this is Hawaii. You don't like it? Move to Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
          You guys are missing the bigger story. I'm not shocked that they underestimated the interest in ticket sales. This was the BCS Bowl Game that would probably attract the least. I'm not shocked that thousands want to go but I am shocked that so many want to pay $2000 to go to a football game.
          If they have to go through scalpers or eBay, they would. It's a once-in-a-lifetime event for UH. It's not they're one of the teams who could easily qualify for BCS berth every year. This is the year for Hawaii.

Granted, the BCS system sucks. But we all want to know in college football -- much like professional football -- who is the season's championship team.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I am shocked that so many want to pay $2000 to go to a football game.
            I’m not. It’s not inconceivable that people did not attend the first five of UH’s home games, because they were saving their money for the big games (Boise State, Washington... and now Georgia).
            If UH had thousands of unused tickets due to lack of interest,
            That’s a ludicrous “what-if” scenario that any 5th grader playing Pop Warner will tell you would never happen after the season the Warriors have had. How many islanders fly to Vegas each year? Any faithful UH fan knows this is a probably a once-in-lifetime opportunity worth sacrificing for.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

I know many islanders who go to Vegas every quarter ......... and a lot of them are retirees.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                I’m not. It’s not inconceivable that people did not attend the first five of UH’s home games, because they were saving their money for the big games (Boise State, Washington... and now Georgia).
                People didn't give a rip. Plain and simple. They all thought the team would suck, and then "suddenly" the team didn't. And now they all want a piece of the pie.

Typical UH "fans." The same ones that boo Graunke, and who booed Chang.

That stadium should have been sold out from day one.

If they really "believed."

Comment

Originally posted by dick View Post
                  People didn't give a rip. Plain and simple. They all thought the team would suck, and then "suddenly" the team didn't. And now they all want a piece of the pie.

Cosigned

Anyway, I doubt that the balance of the Superdome will be UGA fans. There will be a lot more people will be cheering for Hawaii than we think.

Comment

That’s a ludicrous “what-if” scenario that any 5th grader playing Pop Warner will tell you would never happen after the season the Warriors have had. How many islanders fly to Vegas each year? Any faithful UH fan knows this is a probably a once-in-lifetime opportunity worth sacrificing for.
                    Eh, to each his own. Your money, spend it like you want. Personally, I couldn't imagine spending 2000 each to go to a football game unless it was my son or brother or husband playing in the game. To spend that kind of money to watch strangers play a football game is amazing to me. I'm not saying they shouldn't cuz they can obviously spend their money any way they like.

I would rather spend the 4000 grand per couple or 6000 per couple and 1 child on language lessons or sports training or piano lessons or family reunions or....on and on and on. But that's just me.

Must be an Asian thing. I notice plenny live 3 generations to a house, never leave home, but drive a Lexus and take plenny trips. Just like Japanese in Toyko, no house but lots of gadgets and vacations.

Comment

If they're the typical UH fans, then what are we, who listens to the games on radio or watch the games in the warmth of our homes, rather than the old stadium?

Hypocrites?

Comment

Eh, to each his own. Your money, spend it like you want. Personally, I couldn't imagine spending 2000 each to go to a football game unless it was my son or brother or husband playing in the game. To spend that kind of money to watch strangers play a football game is amazing to me. I'm not saying they shouldn't cuz they can obviously spend their money any way they like.
                        Then you shouldn't judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                          Then you shouldn't judge.
                          I didn't make a judgmental conclusion. I expressed a "judgment" as an opinion. I simply gave my opinion while clearly stating that people can do what they damn well please.

Can I give an opinion? Or are you the real Judge here?

Comment

Can I give an opinion?
                            Yes, you can.

Comment

People didn't give a rip. Plain and simple. They all thought the team would suck, and then "suddenly" the team didn't.
                              You are partially correct, but mostly wrong. People didn’t give a rip...at the beginning of the season...because the teams UH were playing suck big time. At no time did they ever thing the Warriors sucked. If there was any home game in which UH was NOT a heavy favorite before Fresno State, your theory might hold more weight. It’s all about supporting the team, when it really counts. A concept Herman Frazier, and (unfortunately) apparently you, fail to grasp.

That stadium should have been sold out from day one. If they really "believed."
                              This is purely your opinion, and has no cause-and-effect or otherwise scientific rationale to it. Games sell out because the home team is playing a good team. Period.

(Don’t take my word for it, Dick. Do some research. I’m willing to bet my car that 99% of the time, anywhere in America, when the home team plays a really good team, significantly more fans attend then usual.)

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

This is purely your opinion, and has no cause-and-effect or otherwise scientific rationale to it.
                                It most certainly is my opinion. I'm not a scientist. I merely play one in your mind. Thank you for taking note. It means so much to me.

And I'd like to thank the Academy, while I'm at it.

**insert weepy violin music here**

Comment

Working...
                                X