Sugar Bowl Tickets Sold Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sugar Bowl Tickets Sold Out

well. i mean. we're doing a give-away at vre for the sugar bowl.
    flight, hotel, and tix to the game for two.

it's a promotion running on am 1500 and 93.1..... you can go to one or all of the places we will be at and enter to win. then we draw the names dec 26th.

listen to those stations or pm me to find out locations/days-- we'll be doing this starting this week.

life is ok sometimes

Comment

Interesting. Now there never was 3000 secret tickets. There are just some tickets for the team and that's about it????

Last week, a UH official said the university had 3,000 tickets reserved from the initial 13,500 allotment. But Frazier said yesterday that number was inflated. The actual amount is closer to 1,250, with 1,000 tickets for the team and 250 for administrators.

Of the 1,000 tickets allotted for the team, a total of 114 student athletes who will travel to New Orleans were each offered six complimentary tickets, which amounts to 684 tickets.

That leaves the remaining number of tickets for coaches, medical, equipment and ground transportation staff and others, Frazier said.
      Took Frazier that long to reconstruct his story????

Still seems fishy.

http://starbulletin.com/2007/12/12/news/story01.html

Comment

No worry everybody. First we said we had 3000 secret tickets. Dass juss one small kine mistake. Only 1200 for "da team". Ohana everybody. Nothing to see hear. Move along. News people, juss keep doing nuting like you alwayz do. Good job.

Suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
          The fact that you expect some blogger on some website to do the most basic news gathering tasks shows how pathetic all the "news" infotainment, shocktainment, infowhores really are.
          Nowhere in this thread (or in the Player’s Place section for that matter) have I read a post suggesting this expectation. The fact that you infer these things in the most exaggerated, embellished kind of way is the reason few if any on this board take you seriously, Kamu. Frankly, you are the only one expressing any interest about the “list” on HT.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
            Nowhere in this thread (or in the Player’s Place section for that matter) have I read a post suggesting this expectation. The fact that you infer these things in the most exaggerated, embellished kind of way is the reason few if any on this board take you seriously, Kamu. Frankly, you are the only one expressing any interest about the “list” on HT.
            Ass cuz U juss one local boy. Your brain doesn't smell a problem with Hawaii, unlike Georgia, refusing to release a simple list of people getting what is essentially tax payer subsidized football game tickets, and who claim to have made a 2000 out of 3000 "mistake" when saying how many tickets they had.

Of course this is Hawaii and in Hawaii "local boys" like you have been well trained to never publicly question fraud, embezzlement and corruption when that corruption is tied to simply trying to "help out da bruddahz". No different than most of the corrupt Third World.

See in minds like yours TuNnl, kokua da bruddahz is a more valuable trait than honesty and efficiency. Thats why you happily and voluntarily agree to keep your head down, your mouth shut and your body out of the way. Cuz even if you aren't getting free Sugarbowl tickets, you don't want to cut yourself off of future gravy train via da connections culture that has become Hawaii.

I know TuNnl, may too hard for you to catch. But gotta try.

Aloha
            Last edited by kamuelakea; December 15, 2007, 07:19 AM.

Comment

By the way,

Did you notice that the UH Team has selected to fly to New Orleans on Hawaiian Airlines, not Aloha who they chartered for the Season away games??

Could it me that Aloha's smaller planes didn't have as many seats that they could give a way for FREE to family and friends?

I believe Alohas 737s only hold 132??
              I believe Hawaiians mainland jets hold over 200.

See how many more cuzins bruddahs friends you can bring along for the ride.

I have no problem with people helping people. That small town mentality does also exist in Hawaii and its a wonderful thing. But in Hawaii, the transition over into corruption and embezzlement is an amazing aspect of local culture.

Most of you won't be able to grasp this cuz its the way your brain is wired.

Mahalo

Comment

By the way,

Did you notice that the UH Team has selected to fly to New Orleans on Hawaiian Airlines, not Aloha who they chartered for the Season away games??

Could it me that Aloha's smaller planes didn't have as many seats that they could give a way for FREE to family and friends?

I believe Alohas 737s only hold 132??
                I believe Hawaiians mainland jets hold over 200.

See how many more cuzins bruddahs friends you can bring along for the ride.

I have no problem with people helping people. That small town mentality does also exist in Hawaii and its a wonderful thing. But in Hawaii, the transition over into corruption and embezzlement is an amazing aspect of local culture.

Most of you won't be able to grasp this cuz its the way your brain is wired.

Mahalo
                I've read that 2 players share 3 seats on the plane. Also, the entire team is going which includes the red-shirt freshman and scout team members. That's 120 +/- versus the normal 60-player travel squad. Dunno, could be a reason.

I know what you're saying though... I still don't buy the explanations for the discrepencies (sp) in the numbers reported regarding the tickets. One of my theories was that there was some horsetrading going on for some prime seats at the expense of the regular Hawaii fan seats. It's like they got busted with that 3000 number after UGA reported how many tickets they had reserved for themselves (1350?).

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                  I've read that 2 players share 3 seats on the plane. Also, the entire team is going which includes the red-shirt freshman and scout team members. That's 120 +/- versus the normal 60-player travel squad. Dunno, could be a reason.I
                  That's true and makes sense. Some of those lineman need 1.5 seats to be comfortable. Entirely fair. And to take the entire team and staff also completely reasonable. I'm sure that explains the upgrade to a larger plane. But their refusal to just make things transparent only makes the conspiracy theorists like me go wild.

So if the team and extras make up the 200 on the Hawaiian Flight, where did the other 2800 or 1000 tickets (depending upon when you asked UH) go?????

Comment

Your brain doesn't smell a problem with Hawaii, unlike Georgia, refusing to release a simple list of people getting what is essentially tax payer subsidized football game tickets
                    See, that’s where you are making a giant leap of an assumption, Kamu. You’re assuming that you know the money to pay for these tickets is coming from the state general fund. By this very assumption, I can infer that you think less of Herman Frazier then the vast majority of Star-Bulletin readers who rated his performance as “poor.” Because the only way state funds is paying for anything athletics-related is if through all Frazier’s available resources (football/basketball/volleyball revenue, UH Foundation, Nā Koa, free stadium rent, etc.), he still has a budget in the red. Oh wait. HE DOES! You think with that kind of situation, the BOR or the state legislature would cough up the kind of money it would cost to pay for that many tickets, in the clandestine manner you describe? (That’s to say nothing of the fact that such an expenditure would be a matter of public record )

Yes, it seems fishy, Kamu. But you still haven’t explained how publicizing the names of people on the so-called “list” would expose “fraud, embezzlement and corruption.” That, my overzealous friend, is a serious stretch.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      Yes, it seems fishy, Kamu. But you still haven’t explained how publicizing the names of people on the so-called “list” would expose “fraud, embezzlement and corruption.” That, my overzealous friend, is a serious stretch.
                      Sorry, I disagree.

There is paying for something directly.
                      And then there is paying for something indirectly.
                      If those tickets are "comped" as one would expect for the football team, staff, even cheerleaders and band, then they are not being sold. If they are not being sold, then everyone is losing potential profit.

Economics 101 my friend.

The question is why Georgia only needed 1000 to cover their team while Hawaii needed 3000. And then the secrecy.

First Hawaii says we will keep 3000.
                      Then they say, "Oh no, did we say 3000? We meant closer to 1200"
                      Then they say, "Hey everybody, look, we found this extra 1000 tickets".

Like children caught with their hand in the jar.

Typical Hawaii.

Always okay to embezzle, so long its for da ohana.

Comment

Sadly, it appears Kamuelakea was correct in his assessment. I never thought that we would still be talking about the “Sugar Bowl freebies” this late in the game (5 months later?!) I guess UH really is going to be arrogant about this. I hope Donovan realizes the honeymoon is over, and the “system” will scapegoat him for the ticket flap, regardless of what attorneys for UH may say to reassure him.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

My cousin is married to a UH professor and they have been football season ticket holders for years. I asked her if they had received an "invitation" for the Sugar Bowl and she mockingly replied that they apparently were "not among the chosen few." My question and her answer were made in jest. Now, it doesn't seem quite as funny.

Comment

Isn't this how vindicated Jose Canseco's policy is like? You make a donation, and you won't appear in his book.

Comment

The Sugar Bowl Ticket Saga

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                              My cousin is married to a UH professor and they have been football season ticket holders for years. I asked her if they had received an "invitation" for the Sugar Bowl and she mockingly replied that they apparently were "not among the chosen few." My question and her answer were made in jest. Now, it doesn't seem quite as funny.
                              Apparently, The Honolulu Advertiser doesn’t think it’s very funny either. They are now SUING the university to make the list public.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                              X