No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    With the staggering financial impact that his affair set off, me thinks it would be very naive for Tiger to end his self-imposed exile, resume playing golf, and think he can get away with saying "no comment" about the scandal. He's going to have to address the matter before the press at some point and say it with his lips, not through written statements on his website.
    The guy has to make a living, especially when there is an impending divorce settlement and child support.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Full Text of Tiger Woods Statement

A full 4 paragraphs. Isn't that a bogey?
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Am I the...only person who...thinks that Tiger's...monotone delivery and...equally-spaced out...pauses made his...apology sound robotic?
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Tweet from Craig Ferguson:
          "Today is the birthday of Copernicus. The first man to prove the world does not revolve round Tiger Woods."

Tweet from @hallublin"
          "Can we all agree that nobody was ever a Tiger Woods fan because he was good at marriage?"

Comment

I laughed my head off today listening to the Randi Rhodes show. She played that sappy '50's song "I'm Sorry" (I think it was by Connie Francis? Brenda Lee??) in the background while playing apology after apology after apology by various famous men for their affairs. It was hilarious!!

Comment

Mark my words. ...... And then he'll announce the tournament where he will be making his comeback. You watch.
              Duly noted. And marked "FAIL."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                Duly noted. And marked "FAIL."
                So I was wrong. That happens.

Lots of analysis re: Tiger's performance in his press conference scripted and choreographed TV appearance. Reaction was mixed. Some people think Tiger's apology was genuine and heartfelt. And then you have guys like Stephen A. Smith who's not afraid to call it as he sees it.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Am I the...only person who...thinks that Tiger's...monotone delivery and...equally-spaced out...pauses made his...apology sound robotic?
                  I didn't mind the robotic delivery. That's the calm guy in a pressure situation, especially in a sport like golf.

Comment

Tiger Woods might return in time to play in the Masters next month. You can't keep a man from his first love.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      I didn't mind the robotic delivery. That's the calm guy in a pressure situation, especially in a sport like golf.
                      Pressure? In Golf? Hmmmm let's see:

1) you have 72 opportunities to get one ball into 18 holes that are much larger than the ball itself. Unlike basketball.

2) you have absolutely no Offense to defend yourself against. Unlike practically all other sports.

3) you have no shot clock to count down before you take your swing. You got all the time in the world.

4) you get to ride in a cart instead of running base to base, goal to goal, or from one end of the court to another.

5) there is no one at the pin to intercept your golf ball.

6) you get to wear funny clothes

7) and you get to wash your balls 18 times before finishing the game.

Yeah yeah yeah I'm all talk...the first time I went golfing I didn't know the difference between an iron and a wood, nor did I know the proper swing. I shot an 82. Call it beginners luck? I call it, get the ball in the hole. I get five tries on a Par 5...wow how generous! Then I started listening to my golf buddies on how I should be gripping and swinging and I was messed up after that.

Pressure in Golf? I get more stress at opening my electric bill than pushing a white ball around a lawn.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        4) you get to ride in a cart instead of running base to base, goal to goal, or from one end of the court to another.
                        In most professional golfing events, no, you can't use the cart. Not unless you have a physical disability like Casey Martin did.

Comment

In most professional golfing events, no, you can't use the cart. Not unless you have a physical disability like Casey Martin did.
                          Oh yes I'm sorry you walk and not run the distance then take a break until it's your turn. I don't buy that physical disability claim of Martin's. If that were the case then ANY and EVERY sport should allow handicapped individuals to play ANY sport INCLUDING football and basketball. Could you imagine a wheelchair bound quarterback getting sacked! OMG I wouldn't know whether to cry in disbelief at the inhumane way that QB was treated or LMFAO for even allowing this to happen in the first place!

I know I'm being sarcastic and I'm saying all of this in tongue and cheek. I guess I get all frustrated at when is too much PC...too much?

But when someone tells me there is a lot of pressure playing golf....Oh man try playing rugby and tell me golf is a tough game. Heck even the spectators remain quiet during a critical putt. I think every Basball pitcher, QB, even a fouled basketball player dealing with jeering crowds to take your concentration off, would relish the referee holding up a sign demanding you to hush while you take your freethrow.

Imagine at a golf tourney, Tiger Woods is set to line up a 10-foot put, when just before the gentle tap, someone yells out, "YOU SUCK TIGER". And he muffs the shot. Or as he tee's off some 400-lb gorilla is hurtling at him with his full body weight to hurt him before he can take his shot! Now that's pressure! Or better yet, you take your shot and you have to run to where the ball landed and take your next shot before the offense can catch up to you and tackle you into the ground! Now that would be exciting golf!

I would love to see what an Offense would look like in the game of golf where you could actually be taken off the course in a stretcher because your defense failed to protect your par 3 shot...or having a goalie block your putt as the ball rolls for a drop.

Golf is not a sport, it's a leisure activity...like knitting. Fat guys like me can play golf and be called an athlete? I think not.
                          Last edited by craigwatanabe; March 12, 2010, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Golf is not a sport, it's a leisure activity...like knitting. Fat guys like me can play golf and be called an athlete? I think not.
                            Real athletes are bowlers where you can eat your plate lunch, drink beer, and smoke a cigar (if smoking is allowed) while bowling.

Comment

I hear thru AP that Southpark is going to do a show on Tiger Woods. Should be hilarious!

Comment

I hear thru AP that Southpark is going to do a show on Tiger Woods. Should be hilarious!
                                I hope it's better than what SNL has done with the Tiger situation. They only did the one where Tiger gets beat up by his wife.

Comment

Working...
                                X