Ashley Lelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ashley Lelie

That and the Rolo to Ash connection in the right corner endzone to beat Fresno State in overtime. My friend and I left in the third quarter because he had to get some paperwork done. Went to the office and the game was on live via K5. His office is in Halawa Industrial and you could hear the stadium going off.

Needless to say, we didn't hear the end of it from those sitting around us when we showed up at the next game .

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
    Just merely saying the name Ashley Lelie brings back great and instantaneous memories of me, watching him in person at Aloha Stadium, burn BYU for 2 TDs and 260+ yards on December 8, 2001. That game is my favorite of all the 'Bow football games I've attended. I still have the ticket stub to that game!

Comment

Dang... it's kind of sad when we have to look back so far for good UH Football memories

I was also in the Stan Sheriff when UH Beat Kansas in Basketball!
      Kansas was #2 in the nation and we were unranked!

That was a big shocker at the time too!

I would have freaked had I been at the Chaminade vs. Virginia game when Chaminade won that one.

Comment

Here is the link to the Associated Press story on Ashley.
        Sounds to me like he's really screwing up, from all I've seen and heard on various news outlets.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          Dang... it's kind of sad when we have to look back so far for good UH Football memories
          2001 was a dream season for the 'Bows. That team was loaded, when you look how many players went on to the NFL from it. Lelie, Manuwai, Tinoisamoa..isn't McBriar with Dallas?. Teams like that don't come along every year, unless of course, your team is a USC, Notre Dame, or Miami. '01 squad set the bar for future UH teams to aim for.

I don't think one has to look too far back for some team success. I thought the '04 squad, with their closing out of that year with straight back-to-back victories against Northwestern and Michigan State ( I was at the MSU game ) was pretty significant, in that it earned them spot in the Hawaii Bowl that year. They had to have those games to get in it, they went out and got 'em with Timmy Chang calling the plays. The '04 team was not nearly as explosive, both sides of the line, as the '01 squad, but that team too, with Chang setting the passing record in his final year, will go down as decent squad overall from the not too distant past.

E o! E o na toa e! Go Bows!

Comment

I was also in the Stan Sheriff when UH Beat Kansas in Basketball! Kansas was #2 in the nation and we were unranked! That was a big shocker at the time too!
            I lost my voice during that game. Yes, it’s been a long time.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Yeah Erin Galloway's monster block was played on ESPN every five minutes it seems .
              Originally posted by TuNnL
              I lost my voice during that game. Yes, it’s been a long time.

Comment

Lelie's overrated. He's not a scorer like some of today's wideouts (e.g. TO, Moss, etc.). The only reasons he got that yds/catch average is:

1. Shanahan's offense
                2. Lelie's lining up with the likes of Rod Smith, David Terrell, Shannon Sharpe, Ed McCaffrey and has had the luxury of Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson, and Reuben Droughns--individuals that defenses are more concerned about because they are SCORERS
                3. Opposing defenses are fatigued at altitude
                4. Brian Griese threw to Lelie for a few years--the dude only throws vertically

So Lelie wants out of Denver or more pay and all he has done is have a big yds/catch avg. Remember where Alvin Harper's career went when he wanted out of Dallas after leading the league in the same stat?
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Broncos get offers they can refuse for Lelie
                  Lelie, whose training-camp fines have reached $168,000, is holding out in order to force a trade to a team that will make him its No. 1 receiver. In exchange for Lelie, the Broncos are reportedly asking for a third- or fourth-round draft pick, or a player of equal value. Sundquist, however, said he still considers Lelie's return a "viable option."
                  I don't get sports sometimes...

Comment

I would so be fricking happy if Lelie somehow went to the Seahawks!
                    Anyone that's a true Seahawk fans from the old AFC days... know the rivalry between Seattle and Denver.

This would be a sweet touch...!

Ashley Lelie the Seahawk... I can see him wearing number 80

Nah... that wouldn't ever happen... no one will replace the original Steve Largent in Seattle Football Folklore!

Comment

I think the Eagles might be interested in him since they're hurting at wideout. That would be nice if he and Ash and Timmy could be reunited. But Ash would have a better chance of putting up the numbers he's capable of in Philly especially with McNabb pulling the trigger.

Comment

Denver grants Lelie his wish with trade
                        The former Hawaii receiver's holdout and trade demand results in a move to Atlanta
                        The Denver Broncos finally said goodbye to Ashley Lelie yesterday. In a complicated trade involving three teams, the Broncos sent their disgruntled wide receiver, a holdout, to Atlanta. The Falcons sent running back T.J. Duckett to Washington. The Redskins, in turn, will send what could be a high third-round draft pick to Denver... Lelie, a first-round pick in the 2002 draft, has wanted out of Denver for five months. He did not show up for the Broncos offseason workouts, which began in early April. He later demanded to be traded and then, in early May, said he would not return to the Broncos.

Comment

the kid clearly has the ability to be a true impact player, but it seems to me that he hasn't proved himself as anything beyond a utility guy...any predictions on how he'll fare under mckay and with vick as his QB?
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

Vick scambles.... Lelie is a deep threat...

I see a good combination.

Comment

Vick scambles.... Lelie is a deep threat...

I see a good combination.

Vick scrambles, Lelie breaks free down deep five yards behind the defender, Vick is taken down after a three-yard gain, short of the first down. It's now fourth and three ........... PUNT!

Comment

The Denver Post argues that it basically was one disgruntled receiver for another disgruntled receiver. They got Walker (unhappy in Green Bay) for Lelie (unhappy in Denver).

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4228012
                                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
                                X