Ashley Lelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ashley Lelie

Atlanta got the bad end of this trade. It lost a very, very, very good running back in T.J. Duckett and got a 3rd receiver who drops the ball. The Falcons probably had to move one of their running backs, and I like both Warrick Dunn and Duckett, so I'm happy to see them both in situations now where they're the first option. I just don't think Atlanta's better after this trade than they were before it. The Redskins are in great shape now. I hope Duckett gets a chance to break out.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Scriv I don't know which season you're talking about but I don't remember too many (if any) drops by Lelie this year. He seems to catch anything that touches his hands... even poorly thrown balls.

But gosh after all that holdout drama, Ash went from one run-oriented offense to another. Not to mention the fines imposed on him and more than likely forfeiting his beaucoup bucks signing bonus. From what I've been reading, it's like he's gonna be playing for free this season AND he's not even guaranteed to be re-signed because he's a free agent after this season.

So he goes from a QB who underthrew him a lot (Plummer) to a QB who tends to overthrow his receivers (Vick). He shoulda just stayed in Denver for another year and kept his mouth shut.

Hope he does well in ATL though. I always like to watch our local and UH boys on Sundays, no matter what team.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
        Scriv I don't know which season you're talking about but I don't remember too many (if any) drops by Lelie this year. He seems to catch anything that touches his hands... even poorly thrown balls.

But gosh after all that holdout drama, Ash went from one run-oriented offense to another. Not to mention the fines imposed on him and more than likely forfeiting his beaucoup bucks signing bonus. From what I've been reading, it's like he's gonna be playing for free this season AND he's not even guaranteed to be re-signed because he's a free agent after this season.

So he goes from a QB who underthrew him a lot (Plummer) to a QB who tends to overthrow his receivers (Vick). He shoulda just stayed in Denver for another year and kept his mouth shut.

Hope he does well in ATL though. I always like to watch our local and UH boys on Sundays, no matter what team.
        Vick scrambles, Lelie breaks free down deep five yards behind the defender, Vick is taken down after a three-yard gain, short of the first down. It's now fourth and three ........... PUNT!
        It's a fake... the punter throws the ball to Lelie on a hook and go... first down. New series...
        to a QB who tends to overthrow his receivers (Vick)
        Just overthrown enough for Lelie to run under it!

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
          Scriv I don't know which season you're talking about but I don't remember too many (if any) drops by Lelie this year.
          Okay, you got me on that one. Grad school last fall rendered me practically a non-fan. I did manage to make it to the finals of my long-running fantasy league, though. Which just goes to show you that one has nothing to do with the other!
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            It's a fake... the punter throws the ball to Lelie on a hook and go... first down. New series...

Just overthrown enough for Lelie to run under it!

Oh, come now! Do you think it's June Jones back coaching the Falcons?

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific
              Oh, come now! Do you think it's June Jones back coaching the Falcons?
              hahahaha...I swear, if JJ don't clean up his act with trick plays on special teams, UH better start looking for a new HC.

And it's obviously a trick play when a receiver like Lelie is lined up in a punt formation.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                that truly was the best game ever...
                and the damn parking... I swear people were parked on the sides of the Highway!
                In the old days, cars were always parked on the side of the highway. Alas, digital cable, JJ arrogance, and stadium brawls have changed all that. Not to mention skyrocketing ticket prices.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                  In the old days, cars were always parked on the side of the highway. Alas, digital cable, JJ arrogance, and stadium brawls have changed all that. Not to mention skyrocketing ticket prices.
                  Gee TuNnL thanks for making me feel young again!

(you're what 8 years younger than me )

Comment

Working...
                  X