Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General NFL Thread

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    Here lies the problem with the kingdome...

Well at least the last time I went... the guys urinals!!!! was fricking terrible...

hard to explain them ...however, they looked like just a long line of tin half cut barrels...and when the guys went to the bathroom...sometimes like at halftime or high usage times.... there would be so many guys trying to crowd around the dang thing...that often times you would literally be touching others while doing your business...

I don't have that much doing my business...but when I'm "Squeezed" between two drunk guys at a football game to do my business...it's not the best of experiences.

But I have about a dozen good Kingdome memories.... one of them will stick in my head forever.... nuff said.
    Um, thanks for the vivid description of the men's john, Manoa (erk).

I remember in the wahine's restrooms (and there never were enough women's restrooms in that facility) that the sinks were kinda weird...more like a watering trough...I couldn't figure out how to turn the water faucet on for the longest time...they had these foot pedals at the base that turned the water on instead of faucets...duh...I saw the last Seahawks game in the Kingdome, too. What a blast (literally). The fireworks show at the very end of the game was soooo smoky that you couldn't breathe for quite awhile. My favorite memory of the Kingdome (besides watching it being imploded at 7 a.m. one Sunday morning) was attending a Stones concert in the nosebleed section with the smell of pakalolo in the air...

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      Um, thanks for the vivid description of the men's john, Manoa (erk).

I remember in the wahine's restrooms (and there never were enough women's restrooms in that facility) that the sinks were kinda weird...more like a watering trough...I couldn't figure out how to turn the water faucet on for the longest time...they had these foot pedals at the base that turned the water on instead of faucets...duh...I saw the last Seahawks game in the Kingdome, too. What a blast (literally). The fireworks show at the very end of the game was soooo smoky that you couldn't breathe for quite awhile. My favorite memory of the Kingdome (besides watching it being imploded at 7 a.m. one Sunday morning) was attending a Stones concert in the nosebleed section with the smell of pakalolo in the air...

Miulang
      watering trough...perfect description of the mens urinals...just the words I was looking for...and no I wasn't at that stones concert

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
        REGIONAL COVERAGE WEEK 3

Here is what is going down in Seattle

Cincy at Pittsburgh
        Chicago at Minn.

NY at Seattle

Is your coverage different?
        Same here except, this being the Bay Area, we got the 49ers - Eagles game instead of the Seattle - NY game.
        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          Is anyone blown away by Palama Kids pickem votes today?

He picked all away teams and ended up tied in a three way lead!

Congrats Palama Kid!
          Your congrats should go to Scrivener, who picked more winners than I did this week.

I've been reading so much about my picks . . . I'm getting the impression that people think I willy-nilly pick "all home" or "all away" teams. I'll have you know that's not the way I work. Heavens to Mergatroy - everyone's discounting my NFL knowledge !!!
          Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

You only been reading it from me...and for all mighty god...

I thought some of your picks were coming from left field...

Palama... your picks have been brilliant...! What... you get a picking parrot too

I never wanted to doubt your knowledge... as you obviously know something that i don't!

Comment

Re: HawaiiThreads NFL Pick'em!

I think the Saints are going to win over the Falcons, simply because of pure adrenalin at the prospect of returning to play in the Superdome. U2 will be playing some sets (I guess during halftime) because they want to honor the city's long association with music and to pay tribute to the city's musicians.

Since both the Saints and the Falcons have unbeaten records at this point, I think the Saints will win because of their emotional ties to the Superdome. And it looks like the refurb turned out spectacularly well.

I took a tour of that place many years ago, and one of the things they pointed out about the seats was that they weren't all the same color. They did that for a reason: when the Saints were the 'Aints and the guy with the paper bag over his head held court on every televised Saints game, those empty seats in different colors looked like they had people sitting in them on TV. Don't think they'll have any problems filling the seats for tonight's game, though.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Never in all my years of playing pick em football... would I ever thought I would have my eyes so heavily watching a SAINTS game...!

1 hour and counting ESPN

Comment

Me too Manoa......did the U2 part get played yet?
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

gee i'm at work... I guess I better turn the TV on and multi-task between HT and the TV! Nope the pre-game not being shown right now...

Just showing the task that it took to clean up the superdome after Katrina!

you got to love it when your team scores in the first 1:30 and they weren't even on offense

Go SAINTS!

Comment

Anyone think the SAINTS are tough Physically as well as MENTALLY this year possibly because of all the stuff they went through last year?

so i'm watching the Saints/Falcons game...and the name FUJITA keeps coming up...

And I'm thinking...hmm... Japanese guy playing football...so I look a little further and heres what I found...
                      He was adopted by a japanese american couple. He himself admits he does not have japanese blood in him. But it's cool he identifies himself as such.

But if you look at him, he does kinda look 'hapa,' half asian half white, in a remote sort of way. Since he was adopted very young, it does give credence to the belief that very young children's facial features start to "form" like their parents.
                      http://www.crisscross.com/forum/m_86.../tm.htm#864909
                      posted by rjd_jr

Comment

I am real happy for the City of New Orleans tonight. Those people deserved a win.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

There was no way Atlanta was going to win that game. A lightning bolt would have taken out Vick if he was running for the winning touchdown.

Some things were meant to be.
                          You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

General NFL Thread

anyone want a side bet with me on the Monday 11/6 Seattle Oakland Game?

Comment

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Damn the Seahawks are looking tough this yea

Comment

Re: vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Originally posted by binu
                                Damn the Seahawks are looking tough this yea
                                dsfgdfg
                                dfgdfgdf
                                dfgdfgdf
                                dfgdfgdf

Comment