Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hybrids

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
    So without batteries that can store a charge properly, it essentially has become a conventional car with a very small, fuel efficient engine.
    Ah. Makes me wonder how many Prius will end up "just for show". "Look at me, I'm green". Kinda.

Comment

If you're looking at new cars and are debating whether or not to buy a hybrid, taking this little test might help you decide if it'll be worth it.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Our car is a year old now. We get about 41-43 mpg. My Uncle some how still manages to get 60 mpg in his Civic Hybrid. I think our mileage would be better in a Prius after talking to people with Priuses. The hills are a real killer on gas as well as the stop lights. There are 7 stoplights before I reach the freeway.
        just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

I was surprised to find out that new Honda Insights are no longer available at dealers; my only Honda hybrid alternative was the Civic, but didn't have nearly as much fuel efficiency as the 65 mpg Insight. I was almost going to buy a used Insight, and now I'm glad I read this forum and learned about the $2k replacement cost for the battery. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            learned about the $2k replacement cost for the battery.
            That's a big issue with all hybrids. The "total cost of ownership" and real-world lifetime remains to be seen.

Comment

Working...
            X