Car Stalkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Stalkers

On my second trip to the land of Aloha,this time it was in Oahu...I saw more rage than I think I have ever encountered in my life...

It came in the form of a skinny, white teenage girl.
    It was at the Ala Moana Shopping center. We had just landed in Hawaii a few hours earlier, and were just taking in the shopping center.
    This girl apparently had overheard this Japanese teenage(ish) guy saying something to or about her...This girl went ballistic...it was downright scary.
    This poor kid is on line at the post office there in the parking area of the shopping center getting berated Gangsta-style by this girl.

She was just freaking out, and this kid was doing his best to just be cool and hope she goes away. She wouldn't...I know Japanese people, I've been to Japan. They are a very Polite bunch. I seriously doubt that this kid was doing ANYTHING to disrespect her. This girl was the classic example of why MTV and all that glamorization of hip hop gangsta bullsh*t is so annoying to me.

She's calling him b*tch,n*gga', the hand gestures etc...

I turned to my kid and said "This is a direct product of MTV and hip hop", because there is no way any white girl living in Hawaii would have acted this way. It was like she was acting out a scene from "Boys n the Hood"

Seriously, I was shook up for like 2 hours. I'm not a wuss by any means, and I know how it is to be pissed off and have rage, but this was just really disturbing, and made me really angry at the same time.It was certainly a sh*tty way to start a trip to HI.

I know blaming it on something like Hip Hop seems like a cheap scapegoat, but, really, where else would this kid get this kind of crap from? Believe me, I'm anti-censorship all the way(Songwriter/producer/musician that I am) but this kind of thing makes me think that the whole "freedom of speech" think is being used irresponsibly, cos kids really latch onto this stuff.

Luckily, the rest of the trip was amazing, and I managed to get this really horrible vision out of my head, proposed to my fiancee' at Alan Wongs and had a wonderful time, but I still remember this, because it all seemed so surreal in a place like Hawaii to see this.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
      On my second trip to the land of Aloha,this time it was in Oahu...I saw more rage than I think I have ever encountered in my life...

It came in the form of a skinny, white teenage girl.[...]
      I guess the first question that comes to my mind is...are you sure she was from Hawaii? Might she have been a tourist? Not that that justifies her behavior. Just curiosity on my part.

Second...one of the segments on the Today Show this morning was about a medical condition that might be responsible for road rage and other sudden outbursts. I looked for the link on the Today Show web page but it only links to a video and I don't have time to download the required software. Sorry I can't be more specific but possibly more googling will turn up something. Anyway, there's always a possibility that this young gal has an underlying medical problem in addition to watching too much MTV. It's unnerving to witness anything like that. She sounds like a very troubled person with or without outside influences.

Congratulations on your engagement!

Comment

anger management course

Tutu, you didn't read my post very well.

I thought I managed their anger perfectly. Anger Management is one of my specialties. And I betcha those boy's will be less angry in the future. I'm sort of like a counselor in disguise.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          It's probably best to assume that everyone on the road around you is afflicted with road rage and then react accordingly!
          I believe timkona has been very effective at supporting your position here, tutusue.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
            anger management course

Tutu, you didn't read my post very well.

I thought I managed their anger perfectly. Anger Management is one of my specialties. And I betcha those boy's will be less angry in the future. I'm sort of like a counselor in disguise.
            I read your post accurately. None of you managed your anger, perfectly or otherwise! Two wrongs...yada, yada. You don't have the power to manage someone else's anger. You only have the power to manage your own. My guess is you fueled those boys' anger even more. None of you had any self control. Violence/abuse, whatever you want to call it...sucks. It's nothing to be proud of. I stand by what I wrote earlier...anger management appears to be a problem for the boys and for you. JMNSHO. (no smilie...no nuthin')

Comment

Anger Management is one of my specialties.
              I believe tutusue meant managing your own anger, not letting your anger manage you.

Comment

Your Honor, I plead not guilty for reason of self-defense. It should be the right of every human to defend themselves to the most extreme end. Self defense is often misconstrued as anger when pacifists are the judge.

If you flick the switch, the motor will start. It's very simple.
                Last edited by timkona; June 7, 2006, 12:35 PM.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Your Honor, I plead not guilty for reason of self-defense. It should be the right of every human to defend themselves to the most extreme end.
                  From what were you defending yourself originally?
                  a boy spit on my wife's car after I challenged something that he said.
                  Were you using violent behavior to defend yourself from what he said, or from the loogie he spat on the car?
                  I grabbed him by both ears, with a generous chunk of hair in each hand, and smashed his face into the door of his car.
                  Seems to me YOU were the one who initiated violent behavior, which escalated to the point where you now cry "self-defense."

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                    I guess the first question that comes to my mind is...are you sure she was from Hawaii? Might she have been a tourist? Not that that justifies her behavior. Just curiosity on my part.

Second...one of the segments on the Today Show this morning was about a medical condition that might be responsible for road rage and other sudden outbursts. I looked for the link on the Today Show web page but it only links to a video and I don't have time to download the required software. Sorry I can't be more specific but possibly more googling will turn up something. Anyway, there's always a possibility that this young gal has an underlying medical problem in addition to watching too much MTV. It's unnerving to witness anything like that. She sounds like a very troubled person with or without outside influences.

Congratulations on your engagement!
                    Yes...it definitely appeared as though she was from Hawaii, because in her rants, I'm pretty sure there was definitely some anti-tourist sentiments, and what she was driving was definitely no rent a car....having just been at the rental car place a few hours earlier, I saw what all the rent a car places have,and tis car looked too "at home" to be a tourist rental.

after I posted this story I started to think about how I've read on some Hawaii boards that there is a problem with crystal meth on the islands (as well as everywhere else) and it occured to me that she fit the bill for meth or crackhead too. That and too many 50 cent and Nelli videos and you have a white trash disaster in the making.

Either way, it was a really unpleasant, and unwelcoming experience.

Thanx for the congratulations, BTW.

Comment

If you flick the switch, the motor will start. It's very simple.
                      Agreed. Especially when you flick each other's switches.

Fortunately, human beings have the capacity to isolate "very simple" emotional behavior - what many call "the reptile brain" - for analysis. It is what makes us the supposed intellectual, thinking animal (homo sapiens sapiens.)

But having the capacity does not guarantee that we will use it; that is something that comes with training and personal effort. Perhaps the beatings you received from your father (for which you have my sympathy) taught you to be comfortable with aggressive and violent responses. It takes a very strong individual to overcome that.

Comment

First of all, let me be clear. As a punk ass kid, I deserved every whipping I ever got. It is likely what kept me out of jail, juvie, or poverty.

And when you use the word "response", you are not choosing the word "instigate". Get it?
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                          you have a white trash disaster in the making.
                          I'm starting to smell a repetitive (and angry) theme in your posts since you joined the other day, Tikiyaki.
                          I certainly hope that you'll prove me wrong.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                            I'm starting to smell a repetitive (and angry) theme in your posts since you joined the other day, Tikiyaki.
                            I certainly hope that you'll prove me wrong.
                            Looking back at my list of posts, yes you're right,some of them have been angry. Some of them are said with a certain amount of sarcasm, which never seems to translate in the cyber world very well, and usually come off angry. I think some of them are responses to other angry posts tho', and not initiated by me. That being said, I hate to paint myself that way, as I really do love your islands, and I guess I'm not being very aloha, am I ?

I swear, I'm not nearly as angry as you think, but there have been some subjects in here that have hit a nerve with me.

I'll try to be a little more rosy, and leave some of the vinegar out of the mix...
                            Absolutely no disrespect intended :-)

Comment

Mahalo for the explanation, Tikiyaki.
                              I've found that if I write an angry response to something, it's best to not send it for 24 hours until I've had a chance to cool off and to take another look at what I'd written before hitting the Send button. At least, that's what I try to do.
                              And yes, those "smilies" that you can add into the messages sometimes help, if you don't think your humor comes across clearly. Just don't overdo the smilies or certain folks will whine about it.
                              We're not asking you to be "rosy" or to not use "vinegar", it's just that there have been a few folks in the past who joined the group and instantly went on a rampage, so some of us are a little gun-shy.
                              Welcome to the group. Carry on!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

[...]...220 red-neck, football coach, who was beaten by his father as a child[...]
                                Ok...now I understand where the behavior is coming from. Children learn what they live. There's a big difference between being disciplined and being beaten. I, too, am sorry you were exposed to that, timkona. No one deserves beatings. And beatings at the hands of one's own parents are inexcusable. It tends to be handed down from generation to generation until one or more family members takes the bull by the horn and decides, usually with help, that future generations won't be subjected to this behavior. There's still time for that person to be you.

<fwwwwwwap!>Ouch...just fell off my soapbox.

Comment

Working...
                                X