X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Stalkers

Originally posted by timkona
    Manoa...you are like a clairvoyant

At the scene, a guy walks up to me, and says "Hey you running for politics. What kind of image is that gonna be?"

I would think that voters would be delighted to vote for a politician who might actually fight.

But instead we get Mufi, and Kim, and Isbell.

And on another note, gunplay has not found it's way to Hawaii yet, though I know not why. If you pull a gun, better be prepared to fire within 1-2 seconds or you will no longer have your gun.
    Mr. Timkona...

1. I'm not saying anything will happen... however, I feel sorry for your wife that she may now be the victim of an attack upon her/or her car... which you may have instigated earlier.... They say it's the big island... however, it's only an island.

2. Gunplay in Hawaii... please now... our kids are bringing guns to school!

"'ELE'ELE, Kaua'i — State Board of Education officials said they are pleased with a report they received last night indicating the number of cases in which students brought guns to public schools is dropping — and they think extensive publicity and a no-tolerance policy are the reason it's declining."

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...512020377.html

Comment

Manoa;

One handgun in a year for the entire state???? You don't have a gun problem. I would see a gun a day in Junior High back in the 70s. Don't ask about High School or regulated surf breaks......

Hawaii is still old school, beefs get resolved with fists (and an occasion rock through a window). That is a good place to be considering the alternatives.
      You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

And when you use the word "response", you are not choosing the word "instigate".
        All we have to go on is the story you told. From that, we see that you "instigated" the violence by physically grabbing the individual and intentionally causing him bodily harm. Angry words and spit on a car do not call for a violent "response." You, Tim, are the one who "hit first," hypocritically violating your own "moral lesson of the day." Your credentials to teach such lessons are severely damaged by your actions.

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent." ~~~ Isaac Asimov ~~~

Comment

Wow, this is amazing. Maybe this is one of those times when the phrase "only in Hawaii" is actually appropriate. That people woud attack (I mean, strongly disagree with) an individual who decided he was fed up the bulls*** and did something about it is a damned shame. Almost anywhere else in the country, Tim would be applauded.

As he should be.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            Almost anywhere else in the country, Tim would be applauded.
            No, more likely arrested for assault. Don't forget, all the other guy did to begin with (as far as Tim tells us) is exchange words and spit on a car. I know no place in the country where the laws would consider that justification for slamming someone's face into a car door.

The fight that occurred after that is not relevant; in the eyes of the law, Tim "hit first," and IMHO over-reacted. Barbarism like that is not to be applauded by people of good character.

Comment

timely...just a few days ago the wife and I were headed home from dinner and on the way back witnessed a bit of an altercation across the street. we passed a guy on a bike, and as I pulled on to my street the guy was pedaling hard right on my bumper. I pulled in and got out, but he went past my drive to my neighbor across the street, who was also pulling into his drive. the guy on the bike started yelling, accusing him of cutting him off, almost hitting him.

my neighbor did exactly right. didn't argue, didn't escalate. asked him to leave once, then immediately called the cops, explained the situation, described bike man, and then said—while the cops were still on the phone—that he was going to walk inside and shut the door. in one move he established himself legally, robbed bike man of the satisfaction, and removed any incentive to continue his little display.

it was a beautiful fight, and not a punch was thrown.

bike man realized that he was in over his big mouth, muttered something, and pedaled off... just as the cops rolled up at the end of the block. i don't think they detained him, but according to the cop who interviewed my neighbor, he got told not to show his face on our street again.
              Last edited by Paul79; June 8, 2006, 11:37 AM. Reason: forgot some important verbs

Comment

Spitting is violence. There is no question of "degree" when responding to violence. Inch as good as a mile in my opinion. Leo, I bet you and I would enjoy a beer together some day.

Thanks Mad
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Back in the 80's when i had a limousine service, one nite i was at a bowling alley with clients and some punk walking by my Limo, spit on one of the windows. I grabbed him by his jacket and swung him back to my car and yelled at him to clean it off. which he did right then and there. I pushed him away from my car and told him to respect other's property or he will get HIS ass kicked.

Comment

Spitting is violence. There is no question of "degree" when responding to violence. Inch as good as a mile in my opinion. Leo, I bet you and I would enjoy a beer together some day.

Thanks Mad
                    Eh, timkona! Next time you come to Oahu. Get plenny Micro Dots "spitting" all ova causing "violence!" I invite you to whack! whack! um all!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yeah if one was arrested for spitting and another person was arresting for assault and battery who would you think would get the more harsher punishment?

You should have at least either ignore the person, reported the incident to the police or spat back.

The only way you could justify your actions is if the person who spitted had threaten violence or had taken the first swing at you.

Comment

Obviously we're going to disagree here, but that's a joy of HT - we can do so, no harm done, and I certainly bear you no ill will either, Tim.

Comment

or perhaps the attacker has AIDS or Herpes or SARS...and a little spray gets up my nose, or in my mouth.....then it's possibly murder

Sheesh ... you people who make excuses for the badness that surrounds us only serve to exacerbate the badness. And you all just don't get it.

I would be laughing if not for the terror that grips my heart in the face of such opinion.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Sorry, but it's easy to rationalize the situation from behind the safety of a screen and a keyboard. When it's right there up close and in your face, the fight or flight instinct kicks in with no time for armchair quarterbacking and you won't really know what you'll do until it happens to you.

In my younger, single days, I'd probably have reacted somewhat in the way timkona did, but now if I happened to be with my wife and kids when something like that came about, I'd have to consider their safety first and foremost and choose the flight option at the risk of appearing to be a coward. It also takes guts sometimes to walk the other way.
                            Last edited by lurkah; June 8, 2006, 02:06 PM. Reason: good fun

Comment

Working...
                            X