Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch out world! Adrian is driving once again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Watch out world! Adrian is driving once again!

1) What's a good insurance company to go with?
    2) What's a good small car?

1) State Farm: I've been with them 10 years believe it or not.I've been very happy with them.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
      EDIT: And no ricing cars please. I'm thinking of making a subtle joke, and getting a two door car like what SuperGeeks (Mini Cooper) and GeekSquad (Beetles) have.

Even though I exactly have a month to go, I have to keep on thinking ahead.
      thinking ahead. dass good. but a month is loong way away...

ok. so.
      ricing car. = rice burner racing car. eh?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        thinking ahead. dass good. but a month is loong way away...

ok. so.

ricing car=Japanese racing car
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Is anybody else remembering the Bob Newhart comedy bit (from VINYL!!) where he was a driving instructor?
          He reminded the (unheard) student that we don't really "aim" the car, but "steer" it ...
          LOL!
          It popped into my head given Adrian's questions ...
          My advice is to do what you're already doing -- practice practice practice.
          And definitely explore all your insurance needs, as Craig said.

As for what type of vehicle to drive ... if money, gas and environmental concerns were no object ... It'd be a Dodge RAM 1500 or Durango with a HEMI, or a Ford F-150 truck with a Harley package. Mass kicks @--.

Sure, they get Lamborghini mileage -- but oooh, that low, throaty rumbly sound those babies make!!! YEAH!!! "Getchyer motor runnin' ... head out on the highway ..." ... "I like smoke and lightning ... Heavy metal thunder ... Racin' with the wind ..."

Okay. Fantasy's pau. Back to my 6-banger Mommy-mini-van reality.
          Last edited by Erika Engle; August 13, 2006, 12:10 PM.
          I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
            He reminded the (unheard) student that we don't really "aim" the car, but "steer" it ...
            That's what I got out of self teaching (or being taught by my Mom).
            As for what type of vehicle to drive ... if money, gas and environmental concerns were no object ... It'd be a Dodge RAM 1500 or Durango with a HEMI, or a Ford F-150 truck with a Harley package. Mass kicks @--.

Sure, they get Lamborghini mileage -- but oooh, that low, throaty rumbly sound those babies make!!! YEAH!!! "Getchyer motor runnin' ... head out on the highway ..." ... "I like smoke and lightning ... Heavy metal thunder ... Racin' with the wind ..."
            Yeah. Look out for the lambo that sports a computer logo on the side and can service your computer in 60 seconds or its free. </sarcasm>

Originally posted by kimo55
            Or to put it in another way, either a lambo or a ferrari is a rice burner.

I'm thinking of going the way of a small SUV, probably a Toyota RAV4 or a Mazda Tribute (unless Ford's problems seeped into their japanese division also).

But I told my parents about my plans on getting my own vehicle, and they're wondering which vehicle I'll replace it with. We have four vehicles, all in a full garage of six.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

That's what I got out of self teaching (or being taught by my Mom).

Yeah. Look out for the lambo that sports a computer logo on the side and can service your computer in 60 seconds or its free. </sarcasm>

Or to put it in another way, either a lambo or a ferrari is a rice burner.

I'm thinking of going the way of a small SUV, probably a Toyota RAV4 or a Mazda Tribute (unless Ford's problems seeped into their japanese division also).

But I told my parents about my plans on getting my own vehicle, and they're wondering which vehicle I'll replace it with. We have four vehicles, all in a full garage of six.
              Get a van if you plan on lugging around a ton of computers.

Adrian ultimately it'll depend on how big your wallet is. My 19-year old boy wanted a brand new Porsche as his first car. Big dreamer cuz he's driving a 1996 Geo Prizm in need of a major paint job. Now that he understands what "vehicle maintenance budget" means and he can't even afford to maintain this Toyota in disguise, he's realizing that cheap can be good.

His Prizm has such great gas mileage that at first I thought his fuel gauge was broken on the full mark.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                Get a van if you plan on lugging around a ton of computers.
                I can just borrow my Mom's van if I need to do that (or my Dad's truck for that matter).

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                  [...]Okay. Fantasy's pau. Back to my 6-banger Mommy-mini-van reality.
                  Speaking of fantasy...oooooh what I'd give to step back into a Porsche! A Carrera with tiptronic! Lust. Passion. Vrooooooom. I still miss my old 911S and I sold it 8 years ago!

Comment

I can just borrow my Mom's van if I need to do that (or my Dad's truck for that matter).
                    So that whole "independent high school graduate" thing isn't working out, then?

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                      So that whole "independent high school graduate" thing isn't working out, then?
                      Its College Graduate.

I'm slowly learning everything independently because everyone else I contact is busy with other things or is too darn slow, so of course it'll take some getting used to. I'm just taking it one step at a time, and at this pace, the only resources I'll have is the internet, and here.

Plus, I have competition from my cousin because she works for Circuit City and she's planning on doing in-home computer service for them.

Comment

Its College Graduate.
                        No, it's college graduate.

I was making a point. Never mind. You don't have any big brothers or sisters, do ya? Not accustomed to someone giving you a hard time or teasing you, anything like that?

I think it's best not to rely on one's parents for transportation, but if it works for you, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                          No, it's college graduate.

I was making a point. Never mind. You don't have any big brothers or sisters, do ya? Not accustomed to someone giving you a hard time or teasing you, anything like that?

I think it's best not to rely on one's parents for transportation, but if it works for you, go for it.
                          HT doesn't follow AP style, so he could put CoLlEgE GrADuAte and it would still be correct.

And why is it bad to count on your family for something? That's local style... family is there for you no matter what. I agree, it's better to be independent, but why knock the guy for taking advantage of family hookups?

Comment

One thing that really irked me when my oldest boy went independent and got his first job (thru me...how ironic) was when he got his first paycheck he decided to treat his friends to dinner in Kauai (they paid for their own airline tickets) as a way of saying thanks for being there as friends as they went thru high school.

I'm still waiting for my thank you dinner for being there for him period. But kids just never really see what parents do for them until they have kids themselves.

Adrian...do yourself a favor and treat your parents to a Thank You dinner with your first big check. That gratitude will go a long way in saying, "Thanks mom and dad for being there when I couldn't do it myself" heck maybe you mom will even give you her van for your business.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                              I'm still waiting for my thank you dinner for being there for him period.
                              Your kids don't do anything special for you on Father's Day?

Comment

Plus, I have competition from my cousin because she works for Circuit City and she's planning on doing in-home computer service for them.
                                I smell a merger...perhaps you and your cousin could combine your efforts, and operate semi-independently under Circuit City.

Comment

Working...
                                X