What do you hate about your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you hate about your car?

My 1996 import sedan began "acting up" recently with a "hard start" and the engine running a little rough. I called the dealer's service departmant and was informed that these problems were caused by the 10% ethanol content in the gas supply. The fuel system in older cars cannot adjust to the ethanol and the engine smooths out a little as the ethanol is evaporated as the engine warms up. Newer models don't seem to have this problem, so my only solution may be to buy a newer model. There is no other "fix" available. All this after my car was fully serviced less than two months ago, including a tune-up.

Otherwise, I've been enjoying it for nearly six years. The only discordant note is that the CD-changer is located in the trunk, not up-front in the dash as in new cars. This could be solved with a trip to the auto stereo shop for the latest new rigs.

Comment

Things I hate about my 1989 BMW 635Csi:

1) It has no cup holders
      2) It has this stupid rear ac console that sits in the center rear making my car a four seater.
      3) It has a tendancy to attract Hondas (it also has a tendancy to see them in my rearview mirror getting smaller and smaller )
      4) It lives up to its acronym Broken Motor Weekly and Break My Wallet
      5) I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love the car but I hate the maintenance costs associated with it.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

This is a bad day to answer this question, as my truck is sitting in the shop right now but....

It's a 1987 GMC S15 classic pickup with a 7 ft bed.

The good:
        It's 2 tone tan and brown, I've never seen another one like it, so I can always find it in a parking lot.
        It's small, like a car front, with a long bed in back. It's not one of those GINORMOUS trucks.
        I can carry all kinds of stuff in it.
        It was in almost cherry condition when I got it 3 years ago, and I only paid $2200 for it...what a deal !

The Bad:
        It was declared "totaled" even tho it was just quarter panel and hood damage.
        I had to replace the tranny...ouch !
        Many repairs since then...ouch ouch !
        The electric is starting to get wacky
        Not enough room for the family and the dogs...I bought it when I was single.

I have my hawaiian stickers on the back window...tiki's, orchids, and a "Stong Current" sticker from their store in Hale'Ewa.

Even with the bad, I LOVE this car...even tho' it's an 87' it's tan and brown paint job makes it look so 70's. Hopefully today's repair bill won't kill me.
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Hmm, although I have several vehicles I'll mention the things I hate about the least-driven one -- my 2006 Lexus IS350:

1) It uses premium fuel and gets about the same gas mileage as one of my SUVs.
          2) I couldn't get it with a manual transmission.
          3) The rear seat is pretty uncomfortable if you're over 6' tall.
          4) Its factory navigation system doesn't work in Hawai'i.
          5) The redesigned Infiniti G35 is probably a better bargain.

As for the things I like about it:

1) It's reliable and solidly-built.
          2) It's easy to park.
          3) It's relatively fast and fun-to-drive.
          Last edited by Jonah K; September 8, 2006, 09:03 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the things I like about it
          Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Our Post-2000 model American Luxury Sedan:

Hate:
            >It's the year 2000 and this thing still came equipped with an OEM cassette player. Arrghhhh! Why don't they just throw in an 8-track player and a reel-to-reel changer in the trunk while they're at it. lol
            >Cloth, not leather seats.
            >"Plasticy" interior panels.
            >Round profile makes it guesswork to judge when parking (no back-up sensors)
            >It doesn't have a cargo bed (you miss that when you previously owned a truck)

Love:
            >V-6 has good power and ALSO gets decent gas mileage considering the vehicle's weight
            >Comfortable cabin, very ergonomic, quiet
            >Sporty and elegant, yet simple body design
            >Easy-to-clean aluminum rims
            >Cold A/C
            >ABS is very effective (saved us from several accidents already)
            >Aside of the stupid cassette deck, the OEM stereo sounds great; radio reception is excellent
            >So far, reliability has been excellent
            >It's almost paid off
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              Things I hate about my 1989 BMW 635Csi:

1) It has no cup holders
              2) It has this stupid rear ac console that sits in the center rear making my car a four seater.
              3) It has a tendancy to attract Hondas (it also has a tendancy to see them in my rearview mirror getting smaller and smaller )
              4) It lives up to its acronym Broken Motor Weekly and Break My Wallet
              5) I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love the car but I hate the maintenance costs associated with it.

In the callow days of my youth, I had a stick-shift BMW. The dealer didn't seem to know what they were doing on numerous occasions: the wrong Blaupunkt stereo cassette/tuner was installed (no cassette player, just the AM/FM radio) and when it was replaced, the console panels got "butchered" with extra holes made, larger-sized screws used - it looked a bit "lop-sided." And, they installed units with "defects" - auto-reverse didn't work, tape speed too slow or fast. I eventually used an independent mechanic who used to work at the dealership. His rates and workmanship were definitely better, but he was still able to move from Kapahulu to the slopes of Diamond Head.

I also had a Porsche, another money pit and tempermental as H***. Both ran fine ......... at least for a few weeks immediately after servicing.

I finally "grew up" and went with Japanese imports. Not quite as much panache, but much more reliable.

Comment

Since I moved to California, I got rid of my G35 Coupe with the thirsty V6 and decided to get something else. So I grabbed a V8 Nissan Titan Crewcab. Because I hear those oil companies aren't doing so well, and I wanted to help them out a little.

* I hate that the truck drinks like Mel Gibson.
                * I hate that I had to have 2 options installed: a rope ladder so I can get in, and a fire pole so I can get out of my truck.
                * I hate that my truck doesn't turn into a robot that fights evil.

But it's not all bad:

* I love that there's plenty of room for my two dogs.
                * I love that I can buy more stuff from Costco in one trip.
                * I love that the truck is big, but still small enough to fit under freeway overpasses.

Comment

My 1999 Honda Accord EX (I think it's an EX---well, whatever the top model was that year) coupe. Bought as a "Certified Pre-Owned" car from Honda Windward:

I love:
                  The automatic climate control.
                  The leather seats that don't attract dog hair like velcro.
                  The fact that I can take the Pali hairpin at 70 mph and live to tell about it.
                  The easy parkability.
                  That I paid cash for it six years ago.
                  That it doesn't look terribly "old"---the style has changed only minimally
                  since I bought it.
                  That it looks really nice when I wash and wax it.
                  The extended warranty (now sadly expired) from Honda Windward that
                  covered a new tranny and a rental car during the repair period.

I hate:
                  The fact that the seat belt on the drivers side always gets stuck on the
                  seat-adjustment handle and you have to open the door to un-stick it.
                  The fact that it looks REALLY bad when I neglect it. It's black. Shows
                  every little dust mote and water spot.
                  The big doors that make it tough to get in and out when parked in a tight
                  space.

Comment

1998 Mustang GT convertible; silver with black leather interior.

I'm thinking.......................

Nope, nuttin.

Wait, I wish it was a 2007.
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

1994 Firebird:

I love:
                      People said it reminded them of the Batmobile
                      Gets descent mileage for a sports car.
                      Only has 70k miles for a 12 year old car
                      Is paid off
                      I fit in 12 big cases of champagne in it

I hate:
                      People said it reminded them of the Batmobile
                      Alternator broke 4 times and looks like to be the 5th soon.
                      Passenger side window rattles when window is down and someone slams the door. Dealer said this was normal.
                      I dont like the way the back looks, water gets trapped on top of the trunk all the time.
                      I hate the fact that 4 tires costs around a grand.
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
                        So I grabbed a V8 Nissan Titan Crewcab.

* I love that the truck is big, but still small enough to fit under freeway overpasses.
                        By far the FUNNIEST reason yet! ha ha!

OK, I'm off to the Ho'olaule'a. Hopefully you all will make it there without snagging any freeway overpasses along the way.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                          By far the FUNNIEST reason yet! ha ha! [...]
                          Paul's entire post was funny! Anything less woulda been a disappointment.

Comment

I hate that it's not a Ferrari, Maserati, Lambo, Bugatti Veyron, Koenigsegg, Lotus Europa (way old, I know), or even a Ford GT ("pace car for an entire company").

I hate that it's not even a Dodge Ram or Durango with a hemi, or a Ford F-150 truck with a Harley-Davidson package.

There.

Why don't I feel better?
                            I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Freaking Paul... always making me clean up whatever is in my mouth off my keyboards!

So what? Lanai on the 21st... Wailuku on the 29th?

Where's are Oahu one...? I know your working on it... so please keep us HT readers abreast of your show....

I would love to personally throw a "Manoa get together" for a bunch of us to go see you!!!!

Please keep us updated... and if no can... no can... no worries... We'd still probably have a luncheon for you.

Comment

Okay, this cup holder thing is eating me. I got a medium soft drink and decided to drink it in my car. The darn thing can't fit into the cup holders because its too wide and tall! At the most, the cup holder will just hold the bottom 1/6 portion, completely covering my stereo, and it will fall out if I accelerate too fast.

Anyone has a solution?

EDIT: I'll add one more to my "good list": I love the huge trunk! It fit an air conditioner beautifully (thanks to some idiots who parked super close to prevent me from putting it in the back seats).
                                Last edited by adrian; September 8, 2006, 06:42 PM.
                                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                                X