X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you hate about your car?

Originally posted by Fat Jeff
    What I like about my wife's Rav...

Thanks for the input. I looked at their website, too, and it looks like the V6 is not available in Hawaii??

I got this vehicular horsepower thing. I guess it comes from driving so long in NY. If you can't get out of your own way in NY, you are mincemeat. On-ramps are short, tempers are shorter. Old habits die hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mataiva
      but hey I'm not going to get picky about little things, I told my boss all I needed was 4 wheels and a steering wheel to get around in. He laughed and got me and my fam. into a New car.
      Now that's a good boss.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        My Astrovan has two cupholders in the dash, two on refrigerated cooler, and four in the back, and as usual the kids leave their McDonald's drinks in them.
        No more kids, 'kay, Craig? You won't have enough cupholders!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          No more kids, 'kay, Craig? You won't have enough cupholders!
          I keep telling my wife we need one of those 9-passenger vans pretty soon as the kids grow up that Astro Van is getting a bit cramped on those treks to Kona. And I have a 99% chance of not having anymore kids. I'm shooting blanks now.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

[...]And I have a 99% chance of not having anymore kids. I'm shooting blanks now.
            Off topic but a true story nonetheless...happened to friends of mine...
            She had a tubal ligation at a young age as her docs warned her against pregnancy for health reasons.

He had a vasectomy when he and his first wife decided their family was just the right size. Then, they divorced.

He met she, they fell in love and...she got pregnant! In the good ol' days it was called "they had to get married"!!!

The pregnancy was uneventful and they had a beautiful baby girl; much wanted, much loved and much spoiled!

I think they had phone sex after that!

How's that for hijacking a thread about cars!

Comment

Still off-topic:

"they had to get married" was also called "force job" .............

Perhaps, it was done in the back seat of the car???????

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific
                Still off-topic:

"they had to get married" was also called "force job" .............

Perhaps, it was done in the back seat of the car???????
                Nice segue back to the subject of cars! Aha...that's something else I like about my car...a nice, comfy back seat!

"Force job"? Never heard of that expression before!

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                  Thanks for the input. I looked at their website, too, and it looks like the V6 is not available in Hawaii??

I got this vehicular horsepower thing. I guess it comes from driving so long in NY. If you can't get out of your own way in NY, you are mincemeat. On-ramps are short, tempers are shorter. Old habits die hard.

Oh yeah the V6 is available here. I've noticed plenty of them on the road.

Corporate websites not being accurate???? Naaaaaaaah

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff
                    Oh yeah the V6 is available here. I've noticed plenty of them on the road.

Corporate websites not being accurate???? Naaaaaaaah
                    Thanks. It's on my list

Comment

And I have a 99% chance of not having anymore kids. I'm shooting blanks now.
                      That, friend, is more than most of us wanted to know!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        Off topic but a true story nonetheless...happened to friends of mine...
                        She had a tubal ligation at a young age as her docs warned her against pregnancy for health reasons.

He had a vasectomy when he and his first wife decided their family was just the right size. Then, they divorced.

He met she, they fell in love and...she got pregnant! In the good ol' days it was called "they had to get married"!!!

The pregnancy was uneventful and they had a beautiful baby girl; much wanted, much loved and much spoiled!

I think they had phone sex after that!

How's that for hijacking a thread about cars!
                        It's not hijacking if they were using cell phones while driving!
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I have yet another addition to add to my "hate list" towards my car: no MP3 player integration! I know I supposed to keep my eye on the road, especially at a red light, but I had to go through my MP3 player's long menu to change it to another song in another playlist. I guess it either took longer than I thought, or that the intersection's time was shortened, because I got a couple of honks from the cars behind me (oh, and don't step on the gas when you're shifting from park to drive - especially if you have a front-wheel drive car).
                          Last edited by adrian; September 13, 2006, 07:04 PM.
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                          X