This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 4

My only regret with the Superferry heading to Hawaii now is that I probably won't be around first week of July to watch and take photos of it coming in since I won't be on the island then. Oh well.... I am sure there will be a lot of opportunities to photograph this vessel as well as actually go on board. Hawaii Superferry will be holding several public open houses before they actually start service.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Remember the huge crowds when the Might Mo was towed in from the mainland? From Koko Head all the way down to Pearl Harbor, shorelines were packed!
      I hope they set it up to do a speed run past Waikiki (at a safe distance offshore, of course). Seeing a boat that huge moving at 35+... wowie zowie!
      And hey, I just found that you can view their progress at http://track.hawaiisuperferry.com/ . Check it out. VERY cool.

Last edited by LikaNui; June 15, 2007, 08:02 AM. Reason: Added link, if that's okay with you. And even if it's not. :-)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by surferdudenate View Post
        I was trying to determine if I would use the superferry or not and wrote a little article on the subject. I would of just copied and pasted it here but it has a little flash chart I put together real fast and the blog doesn't really make much sense unless you look at the chart. You can read it here http://www.talkaloha.com/
        I updated the link so you don't have to filter through the non-Superferry related stuff. Enjoy.

http://www.talkaloha.com/2007/05/27/...rferry-part-1/

Comment

An update at this link from today's Star-Bulletin:

"The Hawaii Superferry left Los Angeles yesterday morning after a refueling stop and could arrive in Honolulu as early as this weekend.
          "Terry O'Halloran, director of business development for the Superferry, said the exact arrival date hasn't been pinned down. It is traveling at about 20 to 23 knots, day and night, he said. "There's a crew of 12 on board," he said. "This includes the captains, the chief mate, the maintenance engineer and a cook. This will be the crew that will be operating the vessel after it arrives in Hawaii."
          "The 350-foot-long Alakai is still anticipated to begin service from Oahu to Maui and Kauai in late August."

More info at the link above.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Nice, almost here. Where's the dontridesuperferry.com site?

Comment

Anyone check out the Superferry site? They are taking reservations now and an interesting discovery. Looks like they are tacking on fuel surcharges to each pax and vehicle. That's not looking good. Not to mention, annoying. Can't stand looking at fares, whether it be bus, plane, boat, only to find that there are hidden fees or surcharges. To me, that's always a customer service no no, trying to mislead the customer.

Comment

Taking your vehicle was one of the marketing strategies of the superferry then I looked at the fares $866...and that helped me make up my mind. I will just travel there (by air) as a tourist and rent a car. That way, the money I would have to pay for my car to go to another island can be used for the car and lodging. I kinda feel like it's a scam...

Comment

Wow, how did you get $800+? I tried booking a RT for 1 pax and 1 standard car and got ~$280.

Comment

I just booked a trip for November to Kauai - with senior discount & upgrade to the lounge, it came to $156. I think thats a good price - I get to travel in comfort, great views & able to have a couple glasses of wine on the way!
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
                      Taking your vehicle was one of the marketing strategies of the superferry then I looked at the fares $866...and that helped me make up my mind. I will just travel there (by air) as a tourist and rent a car. That way, the money I would have to pay for my car to go to another island can be used for the car and lodging. I kinda feel like it's a scam...
                      I scanned to fast and now realize it isn't as much as I thought. Wrong quote..sorry.

Comment

Anyone other than the regular media got photos of the Superferry as she came into Honolulu Harbor yesterday?
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          Anyone other than the regular media got photos of the Superferry as she came into Honolulu Harbor yesterday?
                          Y*E*A*H!!!

Hawaii Superferry Arrives on Oahu!

this is a video, always wanted to get that fancy red whirlybird, and it kept circling around like a fire-red buzzard. (OK I'm not a poet OK?)
                          "To do is to be" - Socrates
                          "To be is to do" - Plato
                          "Do-be-do-be-do" - Sinatra :

Comment

I received an e-mail today that stated that the Hawaii Supreme Court agreed to hear the appeal of the ruling that EIS was not necessary for Kahului Harbor.
                            But I have been unable to verify that this is the case ?

The e-mail goes on and says that if the HSC rules an EIS is necessary,HSF could be barred from servicing Kahului until a EIS completed.
                            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

So did anyone catch the boo boo in today's SB? One part said the SF can carry 400 people and 110 vehicles then right below the photo it says it can carry 866 passengers and 250 cars. I think the 866 was where Oahu Girl got that part wrong too as for pricing.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                                I just booked a trip for November to Kauai - with senior discount & upgrade to the lounge, it came to $156. I think thats a good price - I get to travel in comfort, great views & able to have a couple glasses of wine on the way!
                                I've been upstairs in the lounge area and boy it's worth the upgrade, but even the peasant class is much better than sitting in a cramped airplane. Keeps reminding me of the Titanic though with the upper class on the deck and the peasants below the waterline. Albeit everybody is above it but just couldn't keep that notion out of my mind at the time.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X