No announcement yet.

It's a gas... price increase, that is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's a gas... price increase, that is.

Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
    E kala mai....'pake' is a local slang for Chinese (who tend to be more thirfty and frugal.....)
    Is that the nicer definition because doesn't it also infer cheap and stingy?

Comment

Wahiawa, last I saw still ranged from $2.87 to $3.01 for the cheapest places. I use less than a gallon per week cause I'm still riding that little scooter I started a thread on awhile back and nay sayers said it'd kill me.

This is being "pake". I actually ran out of gas.....twice, and had to walk the dang thang to the nearest gas station. Both times, over a mile with at least one hill. Not bad, though. The little bugger will run almost 2 weeks on just over a gallon of gas. I just pushed my luck a bit too far.

Comment

That is definitley PAKE!

Comment

Was $3.02 a gallon at Lex Brodie's today to fill up my Toyota Corolla. $25! Ouch. Not too long ago the same car filled for under $20.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

$3.17 here in Hilo except for one lone service station that seems to have forgotten any increase cuz as of tonight it's still at $3.07
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

You guys are killing me....I'm looking at $3.45 here. Never thought I'd see the day when gas is cheaper in Hawaii than in LA.

I really think LA is going the way of San Francisco in terms of cost of living. Seriousy, things have gotten REALLY expensive here in the past year or so.
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

$2.87 for me when I filled up today. Luckily I don't drive that much, or else I'd be spending more than $30 every 10 days or so.
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Oklahoma.......2.59-2.62 currently........it'll rise before the summer driving anticipation if not before as it always does, friggin gouging......
                  If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

You guys are killing me! 3.30-3.33 here. 3.15 minimum price!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

May be time to start thinkin about movin to Hawaii (as if I haven't been thinkin about it already )

If SoCal cost of living keeps up the way it has been, Hawaii will soon be a cheaper alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                        May be time to start thinkin about movin to Hawaii (as if I haven't been thinkin about it already )

If SoCal cost of living keeps up the way it has been, Hawaii will soon be a cheaper alternative.
                        If I could just figure a way not to take a 30% hit in salary I'd be thinkin' to move myself. You're right though, the quality of life for workin' stiffs in SoCal is diminishing steadily.
                        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Filled up this morning at Costco Waipio. $2.99 a gallon! I've heard from folks on the Mainland where it's more expensive, though, so I'm not howling too loud.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                            If I could just figure a way not to take a 30% hit in salary I'd be thinkin' to move myself. You're right though, the quality of life for workin' stiffs in SoCal is diminishing steadily.
                            Maybe we need another earthq.... I dare not say the word.... to straighten things out again. I moved here in 95', just after the last one, and things were CHEAP....now, it's definitely getting rediculous. Since the real estate boom, it's just getting worse and worse. Restaurants raising their prices...there's no more cheap eats anywhere.... everything else follows the gas prices, which seems to be the excuse for the inflation here....insane.

Well....I wanna move to Hawaii anyways, so......

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                              Filled up this morning at Costco Waipio. $2.99 a gallon! I've heard from folks on the Mainland where it's more expensive, though, so I'm not howling too loud.
                              No keeding !!! I'm not looking forward to gasoline sticker shock when I go home.

I've taken pitchas of gas prices here & sent them to Bay Area friends, just so they know: when it comes to gas prices, Hawaii no ka oi . . . for now.
                              Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                                You guys are killing me....I'm looking at $3.45 here. Never thought I'd see the day when gas is cheaper in Hawaii than in LA.

I really think LA is going the way of San Francisco in terms of cost of living. Seriousy, things have gotten REALLY expensive here in the past year or so.
                                Gas in SF $3.70 at most stations. I did lot's of research on cost of living before I decided to move to Kaua'i and it's cheaper than SF. Rent is also cheaper and food if you shop at the farmer's market cheaper and better. The only thing I'll miss about the City is Trader Joes. My daughter and friends live in the OC and cost of living is like SF.
                                "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Working...
                                X