No announcement yet.

It's a gas... price increase, that is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's a gas... price increase, that is.

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    *checks honolulugasprices.com* *jaw drops*

I seen Tesoro @ 3.09 tonight, but the highest on the website was $3.25.

(and that's the website where I check in my area, but I usually go to either Aloha or Tesoro since it makes my car run good)
    Hawai'i gas prices are still cheaper than up here. The prices for regular went from $3.19 to $3.34 in the space of about 4 days (where it is right now). And it's not even Memorial Day weekend yet, when prices historically leap dramatically. Guess we won't be taking our annual 300-400 mile driving vacation this year but will have to find other ways to get around (maybe we'll take the train down to Portland or up to Vancouver, BC or the Ferry over to Victoria instead).

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Gas prices in Kahului areas now @ $3.55 a gal. Creeping up to the $4.00 mark. I no be surprise within the next couple months.
      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

OGGBOY - the Taro Festival was awesome! I've been going for some years now and it was so nice to see Aunty Tweetie and Uncle John Lind there again....but you are right about the gas - the pre-pay (you pay it when you rent the car) was $3.30 and I saw the gas in Hana beyond $4....The ua held up till the late afternoon and even then it was just a little sprinkle...the food was ono, as was the entertainment...nice to see Boom and the gang again....

Comment

FYI - If you're a First Hawaiian Bank customer, use your FHB debit or credit card at Aloha Gas Station and receive 5 cents off per gallon instantly. Good deal.

I haven't tried it yet, but will soon and verify the discount on my receipt.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
            FYI - If you're a First Hawaiian Bank customer, use your FHB debit or credit card at Aloha Gas Station and receive 5 cents off per gallon instantly. Good deal.
            You gotta be kidding me! Is this a new thing?

I've been a FHB customer for years and I never heard about this. Of course, it might be because I have a tendency to throw away all the promotional materials that comes with my billing statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
              OGGBOY - the Taro Festival was awesome! I've been going for some years now and it was so nice to see Aunty Tweetie and Uncle John Lind there again....
              Off topic, but...... you know Uncle John Lind???? I had his nephew as a student a few years back! Was supposed to contact him and say hi!

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                You gotta be kidding me! Is this a new thing?

I've been a FHB customer for years and I never heard about this. Of course, it might be because I have a tendency to throw away all the promotional materials that comes with my billing statement.
                The fine print:

* Offer valid with a First Hawaiian Bank MasterCard Credit Card or CheckCard as method of payment. Offer valid May 1, 2007 through August 31, 2007. May not be combined with any other promotion. Offer good at participating locations. Offer not redeemable for cash. Certain restrictions apply.
                I'll gas up at Aloha today and see if it truly reflects the discount. Whatever. It's currently somewhat over $3.00/gallon, so 5 cents is practically a "manini" figure. Still, every cent saved counts.
                Last edited by Pomai; May 12, 2007, 07:20 AM.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Yep, gas in Kahului already at 3.65@gal..... Oh Ms. Aloha Nui, Glad you had a good time at the Hana Taro Festival. Nice to get away from Central Maui and enjoy the day in Hana with the Ohana even though gotta pay up the okole fo gas Oh Well, main thing we all go fo unwhine.
                  bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

We paid 3.69 in California BUT only 2.99 in Arizona! It only goes down from here woohoo!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Now before I start, there is a big difference between suburbs and downtown Chicago. By my work, I paid $3.59 for medium grade between suburbs and the city). I am sure downtown Chicago is past the $3.90 mark. By my house it's around $3.39.

Just to give an idea of what a 25 miles difference from suburbs to Chicago with different taxes, Cigerettes -> My house $3.29 to Chicago -. $7.00 (there's some weird cigerette City / County tax between where I live to the city).

Comment

First time in my life that I've spent more than $25 to fill up my car occurred this past weekend. $33 total, at $3.59/gallon. Normal use, however, that should last me a month.

I've seen it as high at $3.89 in Seattle recently - we still have some of the highest prices in the country at present. Maybe the gas companies realized "hey, there's a lot of Hawai`i expats in the Seattle area - they're USED to excessive prices!"

Comment

Price at Costco Waipio this morning, $3.279. Overall average for Hawaii, $3.403 (per AAA). Current national average, $3.221. Highest state average is Illinois at $3.498.

Comment

2.89 here n Virginia...not bad considering we paid so much everywhere else. This is the cheapest I have seen lately.
                            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                            Sharing withother survivors...
                            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Wahiawa - Monday - $3.25

Comment

Kahului Minit Stop Monday, reg. gas @ $3.75 I figure in 2 months 4 bucks Oh well who ya gonna call, Gas-Busters???
                                bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Working...
                                X