X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 4

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
    I know you don't like go! or Mesa but this is where your creditability, what little of it, is tarnished and expended. What does the 737 NG inspections mandated by the FAA have anything to do with Mesa? This stems back to the China Airlines 737-800 fire a few weeks back where a loose bolt in the wing punctured a fuel tank causing the fire. How is it singling out Aloha when the Star Bulletin is a local paper which focuses primarily on local news and Aloha is a local carrier, the only local carrier that operates the 737? ATA is not a local airline. Neither is Continental, Alaska, or Westjet. By the way, the link PZ included is KITV, not Star Bulletin. And it does mention beyond Aloha.

The emergency inspections apply to one of the most popular models of commercial planes in the country flown by American, Continental, Delta, Southwest and Alaska airlines and Hawaii's own Aloha Airlines.
    I read this story http://starbulletin.com/2007/08/28/b...s/story02.html

Aloha Airlines ordered to inspect Boeing 737s

Some of the newer aircraft could have "loose wing parts"
    You are right, the other airlines were mentioned in the last paragraph but this doesnt change that the headline is sensationalism and it singles out Aloha.
    Last edited by Star of Gladness; August 29, 2007, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Star of Gladness View Post
      I read this story http://starbulletin.com/2007/08/28/b...s/story02.html

that is sensationalism and it singles out Aloha.
      Okay, well your previous post was responding to PZ's post with a KITV link so you see why someone reading your post will read it wrong?

I read your SB link. It still includes other airlines, so what singling out of Aloha?

Headlines are headlines, you need to chill.

Boeing 737 models covered by the inspection order also are operated by Southwest Airlines Co., AMR Corp.'s America Airlines, Delta Air Lines Inc., Continental Airlines Inc., AirTran Holdings Inc., Alaska Air Group Inc. and ATA Holdings Corp.

Comment

Never got to land and take-off on HAL`s dc-9 on MKK.
        Did get a chance on Aloha b-737, Wow!!! First time for me landing on MKK so I was like dis is one new experience for me. So used to landing on LIH, HNL, OGG, KOA, and ITO. I never get chance for Lanai....I dunno the code. But anyway even the take-off roll was like hold to yo BVDs cause we outta hea
        OGGBOY
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I think my favorite flight is one where they ended up combining the Hilo and Kona run. Flew down to Hilo and then a quick hop over to Kona. (Or was it the other way around?) Right over the observatories. Got some neat shots.

Comment

Okay, well your previous post was responding to PZ's post with a KITV link so you see why someone reading your post will read it wrong?

I read your SB link. It still includes other airlines, so what singling out of Aloha?

Headlines are headlines, you need to chill.
            i do not need to chill. I am not hot!

Imagine this......... The Star Bulletin is the one that chilled and toned their headline down for today... heck they even finally mentioned that ATA has just as many of the same exact 737's serving Hawaii as Aloha does. (AQ 8 & ATA 7)

Isle 737 inspections to finish on time

Staff and wire reports
            Operators of long-range Boeing 737 jets serving Hawaii say they'll be done inspecting their wing-slat mechanism well ahead of a shortened Federal Aviation Administration deadline.

Aloha Airlines spokesman Stu Glauberman said the carrier expected to finish examining the last of its eight 737-700s yesterday.

Meanwhile, ATA Holdings Corp. expects to be done inspecting the 12 737-800s in its fleet -- seven of which are used on its Hawaii routes -- by Monday, spokeswoman Maya Wagle said.
            Aloha finished their inspections YESTERDAY. ATA wont finish until Monday.

There you go.

Comment

i do not need to chill. I am not hot!

Imagine this......... The Star Bulletin is the one that chilled and toned their headline down for today... heck they even finally mentioned that ATA has just as many of the same exact 737's serving Hawaii as Aloha does. (AQ 8 & ATA 7)

Aloha finished their inspections YESTERDAY. ATA wont finish until Monday.

There you go.
              Aloha has 8 737-700s, ATA has 12 737-800s, what's so gloatful about finishing inspections ahead of ATA? It would just be common sense to be able to inspect 8 planes quicker than 12. And when was there a pissing contest between Aloha and AQ? I wasn't even aware of one?

Comment

Aloha has 8 737-700s, ATA has 12 737-800s, what's so gloatful about finishing inspections ahead of ATA? It would just be common sense to be able to inspect 8 planes quicker than 12. And when was there a pissing contest between Aloha and AQ? I wasn't even aware of one?
                U fo real? How long do you think it takes to inspect a single wing bolt? AQ mechs could have done all of ATA's fleet by now also.

Comment

U fo real? How long do you think it takes to inspect a single wing bolt? AQ mechs could have done all of ATA's fleet by now also.
                  Unless you're an aircraft mechanic, how can you be 100% sure that the inspection does not require removal of parts? Also, AQ only has their 737s going from Hawaii to West Coast. ATA has their fleet across the US. Logistics plays a role as you got to get your plane to your maintenance hanger you know.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy View Post
                    Never got to land and take-off on HAL`s dc-9 on MKK.
                    Did get a chance on Aloha b-737,
                    Aloha? I can't even recall the last time I saw one of their 737 planes taking off and landing on Moloka'i.

Just another local airline to flip my birds at.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

• Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 4

Unless you're an aircraft mechanic, how can you be 100% sure that the inspection does not require removal of parts? Also, AQ only has their 737s going from Hawaii to West Coast. ATA has their fleet across the US. Logistics plays a role as you got to get your plane to your maintenance hanger you know.
                      Sorry guys,

Actually the inspection of this bolt takes all night and a team of mechanics. The bolt is buried beneath many panels and control surfaces.

Aloha finished the 10 day FAA AD (airworthiness directive) in just three days. All 8 airplanes. Some were done in Hawaii, some on the mainland away from base. When safety is the issue, just get it done. Dont wait for conveinience to try and save money. Being cheap and flying airplanes doesnt go good together. ATA should be done soon. Southwest is the one I am wondering about. They have like 280 of these airplanes. I am not sure how they will satisfy the AD for all 280 birds in just 10 days. Thats 28 planes a night!
                      GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Hawaiian Air alleges Mesa CFO trashed evidence

Star-Bulletin staff

Hawaiian Airlines has filed documents in its lawsuit against Mesa Air Group over the startup of interisland carrier go! alleging that Mesa's chief financial officer destroyed evidence on three computers related to the case.

The lawsuit, scheduled for trial on Sept. 25 before U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Robert Faris, contends that Mesa violated a confidentiality agreement by using proprietary information, gathered as a potential investor during Hawaiian Airlines' bank-ruptcy, for its interisland operation.

In a legal brief filed yesterday, Hawaiian's attorneys allege that Chief Financial Officer Peter Murnane "engaged in willful and deliberate spoliation of evidence that existed on three of his computers," despite instructions from Mesa's attorney to preserve all documents related to the case.

Hawaiian's filing cites a recently discovered e-mail from Murnane in which he allegedly sought advice on how to delete files "so that it appears they were never on the hard drive."

Hawaiian also says it recently learned that in February 2006, soon after Hawaiian filed its lawsuit against Mesa, someone ran a program designed to wipe deleted files on Murnane's home computer.

Signs of "data wiping" also were found on two laptops used by Murnane, Hawaiian's attorneys allege.

Murnane's e-mails have figured prominently before in this case, as well as a similar lawsuit filed by Aloha Airlines against Mesa.

In one e-mail message to airline consultant Mo Garfinkle, Murnane said that the only way it made sense for Mesa to come into the Hawaii market was to give Aloha, then in bankruptcy, "the last push."
                        The rest of the article is HERE http://starbulletin.com/2007/08/31/business/story03.html

Comment

Similar Advertiser story is here http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...708310359/1071

Comment

Originally posted by aloha-anon View Post
                            Sorry guys,

Actually the inspection of this bolt takes all night and a team of mechanics. The bolt is buried beneath many panels and control surfaces.

Aloha finished the 10 day FAA AD (airworthiness directive) in just three days. All 8 airplanes. Some were done in Hawaii, some on the mainland away from base. When safety is the issue, just get it done. Dont wait for conveinience to try and save money. Being cheap and flying airplanes doesnt go good together. ATA should be done soon. Southwest is the one I am wondering about. They have like 280 of these airplanes. I am not sure how they will satisfy the AD for all 280 birds in just 10 days. Thats 28 planes a night!
                            Thank you anon for clearing this one up. I never saw this issue as Aloha specific, it was merely the type of craft involved. As for Southwest, I suspect they probably contracted a few of those inspections out. There is no way they can check all 280 birds in 10 days even with the size of their company.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              Aloha? I can't even recall the last time I saw one of their 737 planes taking off and landing on Moloka'i.

Just another local airline to flip my birds at.
                              Oh yeah, those big babes flew into Molokai, Only 1/4 full when I was on that flight. Not too much getting off also coming on board as we are heading for Maui. But yeah Aloha did fly into Molokai.... So, How cum you like flip da bird wen you live on Oahu?????
                              OGGBOY
                              bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy View Post
                                Oh yeah, those big babes flew into Molokai, Only 1/4 full when I was on that flight. Not too much getting off also coming on board as we are heading for Maui. But yeah Aloha did fly into Molokai.... So, How cum you like flip da bird wen you live on Oahu?????
                                OGGBOY
                                Cuz my fuddah live on Moloka'i, and he ain't getting younger.

Now, if your next reply implies I should go home ...
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X