Sex offender in our schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sex offender in our schools

You have a point there. The difference is that these priests were never convicted because they were never caught until recently. In other words, they never did the time for the crime.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I can see both sides of the issue. I was sitting in on a workshop for people who are trying to get jobs yesterday and a couple of people told of their frustrations as former felons who did their time but who continue to be discriminated against in their job search.

If they don't answer the question about ever having been convicted of a crime, that raises a yellow flag with potential employers. If they answer yes, they have to explain what they were convicted of, but very often the amount of space they're given doesn't give them any space to write about extenuating circumstances or about any rehab they might have successfully completed. If they lie on the application and say no, they would get fired for falsifying information.

The only people I have problems with are the pedophiles, who really shouldn't be allowed near kids at all after one conviction. But there are lots of other jobs that don't require contact with kids, and if the person has done his time and can prove he has had rehabilitation, I might consider him for another position. I also have problems with people who have been convicted of murder one (they should probably be kept in jail for life with no chance for parole).

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        The only people I have problems with are the pedophiles, who really shouldn't be allowed near kids at all after one conviction.
        Don't know if you've seen my comments in other threads, but my complaint is with kumu hula and convicted pedophile Chinky Mahoe, who is still allowed to teach hula classes to kids!!!
        Arrrrgggghhhh.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Do you know Chinky Mahoe personally? Apparently those parents who allow their children to continue under his guidance feel he is okay with them. I don't know Chinky but I did know his brother the late Chubby Mahoe who was probably the nicest person I've ever met!
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

i've been observing this thread with interest. there's this male coming into MWH for the past several months. he plays with little kids, giving them candies and taking them to riding on his bike. i've brought up my concern with the mother of four of the children. she had already put a stop to them "playing" with him.

i even talked with security about it. he told me, "yeah, i see him taking the kids out for rides." "no can do nothing, he replied." i'm usually good at spotting something amiss...this guy really gives me bad vibes.

do i wait till something happens? do i call the police? how do we know someone is a pedophile unless he has already been convicted as such. i do know that if he or any pedophile harms any of my grandchildren...i would murder without blinking an eye. i would gladly go to prison for life.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              i even talked with security about it. he told me, "yeah, i see him taking the kids out for rides." "no can do nothing, he replied." i'm usually good at spotting something amiss...this guy really gives me bad vibes.

do i wait till something happens? do i call the police? how do we know someone is a pedophile unless he has already been convicted as such. i do know that if he or any pedophile harms any of my grandchildren...i would murder without blinking an eye. i would gladly go to prison for life.

Auntie Lynn
              Talk to the mother again. Ask her if she knows the guy. If she doesn't, she should really start being scared for her kids. Tell her to go to MWH security the next time he shows up and have the security cops ask him for identification, etc (just a little harrassment ) just so he knows somebody is watching what he's doing. MWH is private property and he can be cited for trespassing and harrassment if he is warned by security. Then go have somebody take his picture. Take the picture to your buddies in HPD. Ask them to check to see if he has a record. The last thing these buggahs want is for someone to be watching their every move.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Hey Tita Miulang! Ok, what I really would like to do is punch the guy out...but no can. I'm going to bring it up with security and if they give me the same lame duck answer. i'll call their office and go up the ladder. I'll also let the MWH office know of the situation. They listen, I've always been right on other things.heheheheh

The mother works two jobs as well as some of the other parents. The kids don't get to eat dinner till late at night. I do my best to keep an eye out for them especially for the little ones. Since my grand daughters came from Colorado, the kids play with them in front of my apartment. The guy knows I'm watching him already. When he sees me, he takes a hike.

To take a picture of him is gonna be somewhat difficult. Isn't there a law that prohibits anyone from taking a picture without the person's consent? Eh, what the hell, what he going do to me?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

If he's on private property, there's no reason why somebody who lives on that property can't take his picture. That's what security cameras are for.

You can't nail him if he hasn't done anything, but you need to have pictures just in case something does happen so your buddies in the HPD have a suspect right away. Doesn't your housing association have some sort of safety committee? If not, you should spearhead a movement to start one up, especially with so many kids running around with no adult supervision. The property manager should be concerned about outsiders preying on the keiki in that development.

I think you are right to be suspicious of him if he makes himself scarce whenever he sees you. That right there tells me he's thinking of doing something pilau. If it was all innocent, he would have no problem talking with you if you asked him where he was from and who he knows at MWH. If it's not about him molesting the kids, it might be him asking the kids for information about people in MWH, which would be just as bad.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    If he's on private property, there's no reason why somebody who lives on that property can't take his picture. That's what security cameras are for.

You can't nail him if he hasn't done anything, but you need to have pictures just in case something does happen so your buddies in the HPD have a suspect right away. Doesn't your housing association have some sort of safety committee? If not, you should spearhead a movement to start one up, especially with so many kids running around with no adult supervision. The property manager should be concerned about outsiders preying on the keiki in that development.

I think you are right to be suspicious of him if he makes himself scarce whenever he sees you. That right there tells me he's thinking of doing something pilau. If it was all innocent, he would have no problem talking with you if you asked him where he was from and who he knows at MWH. If it's not about him molesting the kids, it might be him asking the kids for information about people in MWH, which would be just as bad.

Miulang

Tita Miulang, MWH...no security camera's. security guards usually stay talking on the phone or their cell phone too. housing committee finally getting together on some issues. security issues is focused on increasing numbers of gangs here. i have mentioned it. I'm going to ask a friend to do something...before some child gets hurt. it's the right thing to do. if i'm wrong, i'll apologize. if i'm right, i'll be happy that i was aware of the danger. thanks for your advice. Plus, last time I checked, there were 88 sex offenders in my zip code!

Lynn

Comment

Better to be niele now rather than feel guilty later on if something does happen to someone in MWH. Everybody in MWH has to pull together and watch out for each other, like one big ohana.

Like you said long time ago, just because you live in MWH doesn't mean everyone there has to act like they live in low income housing. People in MWH should be proud of where they live and their community. That's the only way you're going to keep the gangs, the drugs and the pedophiles away from there. Low income people get victimized more often than people who have more money because they often feel powerless and helpless. The people in your community need to put away that thinking and start being proud of where they live, after all, they could be living in their cars instead of with a roof over their heads.

Miulang

Comment

Yep, that's true. When I teach my first cooking class on June 11th, the journey to unite those I reach out to will come true. Whoever takes my class will not only learn cooking. Pride, respect, and survival!

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          Do you know Chinky Mahoe personally? Apparently those parents who allow their children to continue under his guidance feel he is okay with them. I don't know Chinky but I did know his brother the late Chubby Mahoe who was probably the nicest person I've ever met!

I'm sure Michael Jackson is a very nice man too...but my son wouldn't be allowed near him. A sick man like"Kinky" Mahoe is a time bomb waiting to explode. Just because he is a talented hula master doesn't mean a parent should take a risk with thier child's welfare. If the children were told the truth about his background ....how many would want to join his classes?
                          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                          Flickr

Comment

This is what I heard has happened to the two individuals in question. They have been removed from the sex offenders list and fully reinstated back into their jobs. I heard they were going to sue the state for putting them on that list so they were promptly taken off. Amazing what the threat of a law suit can do. If I was the guy convicted in 1962, I would still sue the state.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                              Do you know Chinky Mahoe personally?
                              I met him several times at various events before his conviction; saw him a couple of times at other events after his conviction and avoided speaking with him. I'm one of many people who will walk out of an event if he takes the stage.

Apparently those parents who allow their children to continue under his guidance feel he is okay with them.
                              Shame on them!

I don't know Chinky but I did know his brother the late Chubby Mahoe who was probably the nicest person I've ever met!
                              Totally irrelevant. Apples and oranges. If Charles Manson or Adolf Hitler had nice brothers, would that change anything? Heck no!

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                                A sick man like "Kinky" Mahoe is a time bomb waiting to explode. Just because he is a talented hula master doesn't mean a parent should take a risk with thier child's welfare. If the children were told the truth about his background ....how many would want to join his classes?
                                Ooh, I know the answer to that one!:
                                NONE.

Comment

Working...
                                X