Science vs. Creationism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Science vs. Creationism

I gotta go with Sinjin on this one....Mythology is cute, but no replacement for science.

The likelihood of life on another planet is rather high. The formula goes something like this

#galaxies X #solar systems X %yellow suns X proximity to sun X %withatmospheres X %withoxygen = most likely yes

there is a real formula like this somewhere on the net, but alas, i could not find it
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
      I gotta go with Sinjin on this one....Mythology is cute, but no replacement for science.

The likelihood of life on another planet is rather high. The formula goes something like this

#galaxies X #solar systems X %yellow suns X proximity to sun X %withatmospheres X %withoxygen = most likely yes

there is a real formula like this somewhere on the net, but alas, i could not find it
      That's the Drake Equation. Wikipedia has an entry on it.

The Drake equation states that:

N = R^{*} ~ \times ~ f_{p} ~ \times ~ n_{e} ~ \times ~ f_{l} ~ \times ~ f_{i} ~ \times ~ f_{c} ~ \times ~ L

where:

N is the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which we might expect to be able to communicate at any given time

and

R* is the rate of star formation in our galaxy
      fp is the fraction of those stars which have planets
      ne is average number of planets which can potentially support life per star that has planets
      fl is the fraction of the above which actually go on to develop life
      fi is the fraction of the above which actually go on to develop intelligent life
      fc is the fraction of the above which are willing and able to communicate
      L is the expected lifetime of such a civilization

Comment

We all came from Mars (women from Venus). But seriously folks if in the time of mankind the winds of the Sahara can completely cover up all traces of large civilizations only to be discovered at around the same period man ventured into space...can it be conceived that there once was a thriving civilization on Mars.

Like Earth Mars obviously went thru some major global climatic changes as we once see evidence of major waterways (speculatative yet?) and deep ravines. Mountains (Olympus Mons) that dwarf Mt Everest. Could it be presumed that there were once oceans of liquid (water) on the face of Mars that eventually dried up after some climatic change.

Could that advanced civilization have forseen that day as we have for our own planet that our days on Earth are numbered? Could they have built massive ships to transport the Homo Sapian to Earth to repopulate it?

There is evidence of the Ape man suddenly disappearing from the face of the Earth and at about the same time Homo Sapian is suddenly there. There so far is no link to connect the Cro-Magnan to Homo Sapian.

But like in the movie War of the Worlds, these transplanted colonists from Mars didn't have the antibodies to ward off simple Earth bound bacteria and died off leaving their offspring to fend for themselves in this new world. The older children only remember tales of their origins on Earth as they matured thru dance and song (oral history). Eventually these stories become intertwined with superstition of the unknown and soon these stories of colonization and survival become legend to be passed down over and over again thru the generations.

Meanwhile on Mars the strong planetary winds turn the fertile lands into wasteland. Soon sand dunes from Martian seabeds blow over dry land covering up massive Martian cities and other manmade landscapes (Just like in Egypt and other Middle Eastern countries where archealogical finds are only now being discovered after thousands of years).

The difference between Earth's deserts and Mars' is that nature was able to erase Mars' manmade artifacts over hundreds of millions of years ago to completely wipe out any trace of civilization. These cities could be buried under tens or hundreds of miles of sand and dirt.

As the generations of colonists develop over millennia they completely loose their sense of origin and the tales of colonization and survival become religions of sorts each with a common theme of one creator yet different due to regional separation.

Could all this have happened? Who knows but it's easier to comprehend that theory than evolution or creationism. If the Sun were hotter, Mars would have been a warmer place and the Earth much like Venus. Did the Sun cool down leaving Mars a frozen wasteland and Earth more hospitable? Will the Sun cool down more making Earth much like Mars and Venus a more livable Planet?

And what about the title line: Science vs. Creationism? Darwin believed that we were created out of the muck of the earth and somehow something allowed that soup to become organic. Interpreting that I would think that Darwin is saying: Out of nothing life began but it took something from somewhere else to make it happen...a bolt of lightning, comets from outer space? Hmmmm where have we heard this before and from where?

In the beginnining there was darkness, then God said, Let there be light.

Out of the bowels of Earth, God blew life into it creating man. Sound similar?

Then there was the 40 days and 40 nights of rain...Noah's ark. Mass exudus out of one place to another.

Here's my theory on God when someone asked me what do I think God looks like. I told him that I believed God was the Hydrogen Atom. Simple yet powerful. There are three elements in the Hydrogen atom: One Proton and one neutron orbited by one Electron.

Three elements...like the Trinity: The Father, the son and the holy spirit. The basic concepts of Christianity.

When combined the Trinity forms a very powerful partnership between mortal man and God thru Jesus. When combined the Hydrogen atom becomes a source of virtually unlimited energy.

When destroyed the Trinity has been destroyed and Lucifer the Devil himself will rule mankind. When torn apart thru fission the Hydrogen atom becomes one of the most deadliest things to mankind.

Notice the similarities here? When God created man he blew the breath of life into man's lungs making him alive. The breath of life to man as we know it is Oxygen. Oxygen when coupled with Hydrogen in two parts creates water. Water as we know it is essential for our survival. In the Bible water is always referenced as life-giving as it is in any survival manual.

What is the most common element in the known Universe? Hydrogen...it's what powers our stars and our own sun. In mass Hydrogen is the single most massive entity there is in the Universe...God's home.

In the Bible God created man out of "his" own image...hydrogen.

And what are we learning now? Hydrogen will be the salvation to power our next generation of automobiles with simple water as the fuel source. What is the by-product of efficient hydrogen combustion?

Oxygen...the breath of life.

The Hydrogen Atom = The Trinity. Science and Creationism working together to save mankind. I don't see a problem at all here.

Oh and BTW the part of martian colonization...eh it's farfetched but hey it could have happened. I think when it comes to space exploration, we're finding it plausable to have manned spaceflight from Earth to Mars. But for a human being to survive the rigors of space travel outside our own solar system is probably too taxing for the human body to handle.

I'd like to think that our ancestors came from nearby Mars where are already dumping our trash on it and maybe one day we'll dig deep enough and find our ancestor's cities and the final origins of Aunt May's fruitcake.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I am a decendent of the Lemureans!

I've said publicly many times.

Auntie pUpUle
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            Lemureans!
            Are those the guys that all run off a cliff together, if one thinks it's a good idea?
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
              Are those the guys that all run off a cliff together, if one thinks it's a good idea?
              No. Google it and find out!

Somehow dis question reminds me of da odda dumb question asked to da LOST Broad!

Auntie Lynn
              Last edited by 1stwahine; May 2, 2006, 05:17 PM.

Comment

No. Google it and find out!

Somehow dis question reminds me of da odda dumb question asked to da LOST Broad!

Auntie Lynn
                I did and I came up short, nah just kidding Auntie. My Mom and Dad have the same belief as you go figure eh?
                A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                  I did and I came up short, nah just kidding Auntie. My Mom and Dad have the same belief as you go figure eh?
                  Eh, iz Pedro & Menehune Man da same person?

Aiyah! Parnts have the same beliefs as me?

Let me outta hea!!!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Eh, iz Pedro & Menehune Man da same person?

Aiyah! Parnts have the same beliefs as me?

Let me outta hea!!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                    Sometime's we are one in the same, and sometime's we disgree with ourselves it's called a split personality.
                    Last edited by Pedro; May 2, 2006, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Sometime's we are one in the same, it's called a split personality.
                      I totally understand. Mine is called, Bi-Polarness!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I totally understand. Mine is called, Bi-Polarness!

Auntie Lynn
                        I assure you we are not the same people, I am me, and Menehune man is Menehune man he can't be me, cause I am special, so is he but in a different way.

Comment

I assure you we are not the same people, I am me, and Menehune man is Menehune man he can't be me, cause I am special, so is he but in a different way.
                          Wat? He BIGGER?!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Nah, Nah, JOKE!!!

Small kine. No get mad. Juss having fun.

Honi Honi. From me to you two.

Whoever you want to be tonight.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Wat? He BIGGER?!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Nah, Nah, JOKE!!!

Small kine. No get mad. Juss having fun.

Honi Honi. From me to you two.

Whoever you want to be tonight.

Auntie Lynn
                            No worry, I am superman tonight, and I must be off to save the world , oh wait we're still talking about that topic up there eh? I must meet with god and find out the answer to that baffling question. I will tell you when I get the answer.
                            Last edited by Pedro; May 2, 2006, 07:27 PM.

Comment

No worry, I am superman tonight, and I must be off to save the world.
                              Yeah right!

And I'm...

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Yeah right!

And I'm...

Auntie Lynn
                                Oh I was wondering what happened to Wonder Woman.
                                Last edited by Pedro; May 2, 2006, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X