School Cafeteria Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School Cafeteria Memories

Same here. Pahoa High School, only white, whole milk. Lunch was 25 cents. Yes, I'm that old.

Now, my two Aikahi Elem. boys have milk choices including the recently introduced "root beer float milk."

I just can't get over the concept. It sounds not-too-garans to me, but they say it's pretty good.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

My parents said back in "their day" they had flavored straws to put in the milk to flavor plain white milk. My father went to Pearl City Elementary and my mother Kunia.
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Oh yeah and the choices of straws were of course chocolate or strawberry.
        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
          Now, my two Aikahi Elem. boys have milk choices including the recently introduced "root beer float milk..
          Oooh, that sounds tasty! I LOVE Rootbeer floats. Do they sell that in stores? Never seen it before.

If memory serves me right, it wasn't until I reached third grade that Heeia began serving breakfast for 25 cents, which included scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and a 1/2 pint of Meadow Gold Orange Juice. They also offered Oatmeal or Corn Flakes cereal upon request.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by liberty
            Oh man, there's this one standout embarassing cafeteria moment
            Not necessarily embarassing, but certainly funny was at Heeia elementary. I had some peas sitting on my fork, which sat cantilevered on the left edge of my tray (I'm a lefty). When my friend came to sit next to me, he rested his tray right on my fork's handle and it catipulted those peas past him and into the face of a girl a seat over. We apologized to her, but everyone who sat near and seen it happen just laughed their @ss off.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Mililani High School - loved the tacos and pizza and of course the baked macaroni with cheese on top. One time they gave us roasted peanuts (out of the shell) as a side dish and it took all of 15 minutes for the peanuts to start flying around and an all-out peanut fight to break out. It was the last time we got peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                Oooh, that sounds tasty! I LOVE Rootbeer floats. Do they sell that in stores? Never seen it before.

If memory serves me right, it wasn't until I reached third grade that Heeia began serving breakfast for 25 cents, which included scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and a 1/2 pint of Meadow Gold Orange Juice. They also offered Oatmeal or Corn Flakes cereal upon request.
                I've not seen RB Float milk in the store ... but to be honest, I'm not likely to go out of my way searching.

Gimme the REAL DEAL, any day! Yum!

Also, how's this. Milk costs 50 cents at school. School breakfast costs 35 cents but COMES WITH MILK. Nevertheless, if you just want milk at breakfast, you gotta pay 50 cents.

Is that the "new math" or just "fuzzy math" or just ... well, dumb?
                I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Working...
                X