Kamehameha Schools Admissions Policy Upheld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kamehameha Schools Admissions Policy Upheld

The notion of using race as a way to defend the admission policies of KSBE is probably not going to work for very much longer as the kanaka maoli bloodlines become even more diluted.
    Are the Hawaiians a race?

Comment

Originally posted by brianca View Post
      Are the Hawaiians a race?
      <for the thousandth time>
      Hawaiians are an ethnic group.
      Polynesian is our race.
      </repeating myself>

pax

Comment

that's what I thought. The kamehameha policy isn't race based, it shouldn't be described as so since that's a charged phrase and should only be used where it actually applies.

Comment

Originally posted by brianca View Post
          that's what I thought. The kamehameha policy isn't race based, it shouldn't be described as so since that's a charged phrase and should only be used where it actually applies.
          Now that was slick...
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
            I am truly fascinated by the number of Hawaiians who honestly believe that KSBE is doing good things for Hawaiians.

Lucky for me, and for my 31 neighbors, that I badgered the Bishop until they sold us our lands. Some of my neighbors have been paying rents to Bishop for 3+ generations.

Screw Bishop Estate.
            Your ignorance is what blinds you to what KSBE is really doing Tim. You think you know more than others.

Lucky for you KSBE didn't fight leaseholders to the death to hold onto royal lands. Do you believe in contracts? Laws of the land? Well you must if you interpret those laws erroneously regarding KSBE's admission policies.

And with that assumption that we must follow the law then you must follow the laws that allow a landowner to lease their lands to others with an agreement that those leases can be terminated at the end of that contract.

Apparently your badgering was willfully circumventing the laws of the land.

You can screw KSBE all you want...I'd rather be screwing my wife but your sexual inclination should be the talk in the Virginity threads instead.

Face it...your arguements are lost causes so get over it. This is the perfect example of Sour Grapes.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
            X