Free diet plans online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free diet plans online

I know someone who was receiving doctor administered HCG shots during the mid-1960s. I don't recall what the food requirements were. He did lose weight.

Comment

If someone injected me with a urine-based product without my knowledge, I'd be pissed! :-)

Seriously, everyone please be careful about these diets. Some are downright dangerous and can lead to serious malnutrition. 500 calories a day is what you'd get out of two potatos. It's less than what victims in Auchwitz were reporedtly fed: between 1300 (light work) to 1700 (hard labor) calories per day.

http://www.spectacle.org/695/food.html

Weight loss, and keeping the weight off, is mostly about lifestyle.

I spent several years on a bike, mostly for fun and fitness, and read a lot about exercising and eating right. I did several 100-mile century rides, went from Seattle to Portland one year, did a couple 135-mile "perimeter" rides around Oahu, and even raced one season. I learned a lot about nutrition and exercise in that time.

-- Carbs aren't evil. It's fuel. But if you're eating a lot of carbs you have to do a lot of work. Imagine your car having an elastic fuel tank. Pump in more gas than your car can burn and the tank keeps getting bigger. Drive farther every day and the tank gradually empties out. Simple physics, actually. Except in your body the surplus gets converted to lipds and stored away in adipose tissue (fat cells).

-- Your body is fueled mostly by glycogen (simple sugars) and lipids (fat). The two fuels could be thought of as gasoline which burns fast, and coal, which burns a lot slower.

-- Fat is hard to burn off. Your body will use available glycogen in the blood stream, then tap glycogen stored in the muscles, then tap on any glycogen reserves in the liver first before it starts burning fat reserves in earnest. The fat reserves are there for a survival mode when there's nothing else going in. However, to tap those reserves, the body has to convert the lipids to simpler molecules which can then be used by the cells' mitochondria.

-- Starvation can trigger the body into storing more in fat! This odd reaction is related to a survival mode in which those who were prone to storing more fat during periods of famine survived and procreated. It was discovered that Pima Indians have this trait, as well as some Polynesians. A diet that is tolerated by some "races" will cause devastating obesity and diabetes in others.

-- Long periods of low-level activity, along with a normal an balanced diet, is very effective at burning off fat reserves, but it takes time. To keep the weight off, you have to commit to the same lifestyle that got you to the weight you want to be. If you look at how humans evolved, a nomadic lifestyle meant doing long hours of walking. Lots of low-level activity over long periods of time. No wonder walking is such a great way to stay fit.

-- Fat isn't nutrient rich. It's just adipose tissue laden with lipoprotein. Same with glycogen which is just a simple sugar. Minerals and vitamins come from other sources including a variety of plants and animals. Humans evolved as omnivores.

-- NEVER exercise with a sweat suit. In Hawaii that's bound to land you in the ER with a bad case of heat exhaustion or heat stroke. Sweat is there to help you cool off. And excess heat, which is what a sweat suit will cause, can lead to all sorts of heat-related injuries including physical collapse and brain damage. No kidding.

-- Eat less fat. Forget the fad FAT diets. Eating fat means stuffing your body with exactly what you're trying to burn off. Don't make a tough job tougher. Eat a balanced diet with a proper amount of carbs -- fuel -- fiber, minerals and vitamins. And believe it or not, meat is part of that since it's the only source of B-complex. Deprive yourself of vitamin B and you're going to develop nerve disorders including early-onset dementia.

-- Intense exercise tends to burn off more glycogen than fat in activities like running, hard swimming and weight lifting. Hard workouts won't help burn fat faster, but instead make the body burn a lower proportion of fat to glycogen. To burn a higher percentage of fat, reduce the intensity of activity. Hours of walking will burn a higher proportion of fat than hours of running.

-- Above all, commit to a level of fitness rather than commit to a number on a scale. Routine and reasonable exercise, along with a normal balanced diet, will result in long-term and satisfying results. Be aware that as fitness and muscle tone improve, weight can actually increase since muscle is much more dense than fat. Measuring girth can be a good indicator of success, much more so than weight.

Lower blood pressure, improved cholesterol levels, stamina and personal satisfaction beats what any scale can tell you any day.

Comment

Hcg isn't urine based. It is produced in the placenta and flushed out into the urine (about 30,000 I.U.'s a day). The manufacturer (Pregnyl) somehow collects it and puts it through a filtering and purifying process. Hey, I just saw a documentary on how some sewage treatment plants on the mainland purify sewage water and make it perfectly safe for human consumption!

Hcg is available here by perscription. We eat pork and other meat products, but we turn squeemesh imagining injecting an animal by-product in our bodies. (Go figure)!

Hcg is what they use to treat infertility in women. In fact, doctors inject 6,000 to 8,000 I.U.'s daily to help women get pregnant in fertility clinics and hospitals. All my family and friends in the medical field (doctors and nurses) know about hcg. In fact, more than one have been treated with it to get pregnant. In this diet, only 125 to 200 I.U.'s are prescribed daily- a very small amount in comparison. There are no known side effects. I did notice, however, that my skin became noticeably softer, and my complexion got better during the 3-weeks of treatment.

I agree everyone needs to do their research. Don't take my word for it.

Comment

I heard of this one diet plan called "Put Down The Fork"

Works like a charm I've heard.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Here's the two most important statements I can glean from this thread:
            Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
            I'll admit, the diet takes discipline
            Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
            Weight loss, and keeping the weight off, is mostly about lifestyle.
            Now - time to look at the "Chocolate Haupia Cake" thread...

Comment

Many prescriptions meds are also famous for weight gain as a side effect. That weight is very difficult to shed while still on the meds even with exercise and restricted calories. And, no, I'm not referring to HCG...just to an additional cause of weight gain!

Comment

Weight is a function of caloric intake, and caloric expenditure. Plain and simple. If you eat more than you need, you gain weight. Eat less, lose weight.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I wish it was that easy, Tim, I truly do.

Comment

Hcg isn't urine based. It is produced in the placenta and flushed out into the urine (about 30,000 I.U.'s a day). The manufacturer (Pregnyl) somehow collects it and puts it through a filtering and purifying process.
                    That was my question - isn't HCG "somehow collected" from the urine of pregnant women??
                    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      Weight is a function of caloric intake, and caloric expenditure. Plain and simple. If you eat more than you need, you gain weight. Eat less, lose weight.
                      Unless you're a woman held captive by her raging hormones despite daily exercise. OK, I'll admit it, sometimes calories in exceed calories out. Imagine if key-lime pie calories had the same composition of cobb salad calories! OK, dream's over.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Many prescriptions meds are also famous for weight gain as a side effect. That weight is very difficult to shed while still on the meds even with exercise and restricted calories. And, no, I'm not referring to HCG...just to an additional cause of weight gain!
                        Some medical conditions can cause weight gain which isn't easily counteracted by the simple formula of "eat less, move more".

http://pituitary.mgh.harvard.edu/cushings.htm

"Cushing's syndrome is a hormonal disorder caused by prolonged exposure of the body's tissues to high levels of the hormone cortisol. Sometimes called "hypercortisolism," it is relatively rare and most commonly affects adults aged 20 to 50. An estimated 10 to15 of every million people are affected each year."

http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2...fatenzyme.html

"Single enzyme may be linked to obesity"

"The increased activity of a single enzyme in fat cells may be a common cause of obesity and obesity-linked diseases, including diabetes, according to an animal study conducted by researchers at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and the University of Edinburgh and published in the Dec. 7 issue of Science. "

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                          Some medical conditions can cause weight gain which isn't easily counteracted by the simple formula of "eat less, move more".
                          The same is true for people that have their bodies abused by the thousands of different chemicals and additives food growers and manufacturers are allowed to use, which then poisons us and screws up our metabolisms to the point where our bodies are programmed to store fat, and lots of it.

Stuff like hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, sucrose, artificial/chemical sweeteners like saccharine, aspartame, equal, even splenda, concentrated fruit juices, pesticides, herbacides, etc, just to name a few. Our bodies weren't design to consume these things and process fast absorbing sugars that are quickly converted to stored fat. Start reading food labels. You'll be surprised how much of them list corn syrup, hydrogenated oils and other crap I just mentioned above. Generally speaking, anything you can't pronounce or have difficulty pronouncing on the list of ingredients is not good for you.

Think about the antibiotics and growth hormone they pump in cows, chicken and pork. If it makes them get big and fat in a short amount of time, what do you think happens when we eat it? This is why there's so much emphasis today on eating 'organic'.

One of the thing the book points out is that there's a lot more obese people in American than in Europe, despite the European's heavy diet of fats, cheeses, pasta, alcohol, etc. It was pointed out that Europeans eat more natural foods and do their grocery shopping in open markets that provide more organic stuff. Diabetes has become an epidemic. And from what I understand, it's mainly in America.
                          Last edited by Bobinator; August 20, 2008, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Stuff like hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, sucrose, artificial/chemical sweeteners like saccharine, aspartame, equal, even splenda, concentrated fruit juices, pesticides, herbacides, etc, just to name a few. .
                            Yeah, a little needle full of urine must be better than that.
                            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Amati,

That was an ignorant statement.

Comment

BTW, despite all the concern about mercury in tuna, fish is still among the better sources of protein. Wild caught fish contain no additives. No hormones. Can't say the same for farm-raised fish, especially salmon.

A number of studies have been conducted regarding mercury's effect on the general population as well as pregnant women and it appears there haven't been any cases of mercury poisoning recorded despite high levels of fish consumption in places such as Japan.

The only situation of mercury contamination's adverse effects was in Minamata where industrial sources of mercury contaminated the shellfish in the area.

Mercury in pelagic fish such as tuna come from other sources, such as volcanic ash, etc. The mercury is actually part of a compound and not raw metallic mercury. Because it's a compound, there isn't the sort of neurological damage normally associated with mercury. It's the same with silver amalgam fillings used in teeth. It contains a mercury compound yet there's no risk of neurological injury.

The tuna consumption study included subjects who ate routinely tuna more than 18 times a week with no adverse effects.

The bigger concerns with fish is the usual issues regarding how they're handled and processed. Fish that haven't been properly iced down can develop high levels of histamines and, of course other bacteria. Fish sold at our local auction block are always properly chilled from the time it's caught.

By the way, "fresh" sashimi can be as much as three weeks old by the time it gets to you. Longline boats are known to stay out to sea several days at a time. However, because the fish are buried in crushed ice it stays perfectly fresh the whole time. It's in the boat's best interest to bring back the best possible quality to get the most money for the catch.

Reef fish can contain a toxin called ciguatera. This toxin can cause serious poisoning that will have adverse effects on the nervous system. For more information, visit the Dept of Health website:

http://healthuser.hawaii.gov/health/.../02-36cig.html

Comment

Working...
                                X