Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you stand on the issue of abortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where do you stand on the issue of abortion?

Sigh. You worked hard, Craig, and you got where you are by yourself. Mad props to you for your achievements. But I don't think your (and your wife's) choice to keep all six of your kids had much to do with it."

It could have, it maybe did! God is our father, even those of us that deny He exists. We, as parents do reward our kids for doing what is right. God is the perfect parent. I believe that God has rewarded me in many ways for denying my own SELFISHness, and making myself do what is right many times, when I didn't actually have...to.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      I think so. Work hard get your rewards. The man under the Nimitz bridge? I worked food lines and I've come to realize that a lot of homeless choose that route with a smile.
      That's probably a whole 'nother thread. But the point I was getting to is that I have noticed that some Christians thank God for everything good that happens in the world... but never blame him for all the bad things that happen. It doesn't make sense to me. But then, religion as a whole doesn't make sense to me.

When you compare antibiotics to abortion you must understand the differences between those comparisons. Antibiotics treat a bad thing in your body. Is a fetus a bad thing? It is if you want to abort.
      And the difference is?

And I don't know about you but the chances of my wife getting pregnant must be beating the odds because we used the rhythm method and contraception and we still get six kids. Punishment? Yeah probably God's way of telling me not to deceive him again. Nobody likes to be fooled.
      Ha! Actually, my wife is the same way -- as soon as she went off the pill, she got pregnant. Sometimes I think being in the same room with me makes her pregnant.

Comment

In order to understand Christianity you must embrace it. Simply studying it doesn't give you the passion. Kinda like fishing and golf. You can understand the science behind it but it takes a true golfer and fisherman to understand the virtues of fishing on a rock at 2am or golfing at Pali in a driving rainstorm.

If you view a fetus as a bad thing well that's your perception. I view cancer as a bad thing and that's my perception.

At least one thing we can agree on is our wives. I can feel my wallet shrinking in my back pocket everytime she has that "look" in her eyes. Even my mom tells me, "Enough already, we going broke every christmas and birthdays"

Glen we're at odds here but we can still respect each other's opinions and that's important here even though you'll be damned to hell for your remarks But then again I'll probably be your neighbor down there for making remarks like that!

Heck, living in Kea'au is good practice for me since it's hotter than hell here!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          That's cool. I'm glad we can have a discussion and not start name-calling. See you in hell -- if there even is such a place.
          and here's today's quote of the minute!

I do understand what love is, and that is one of the reasons I can never
          again be a Christian. Love is not self denial. Love is not blood and
          suffering. Love is not murdering your son to appease your own vanity. Love
          is not hatred or wrath, consigning billions of people to eternal torture
          because they have offended your ego or disobeyed your rules. Love is not
          obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is
          contingent upon authority, punishment or reward. True love is respect and
          admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid
          human being.
          - Dan Barker, author of
          Losing Faith in Faith

Comment

Kimo, I'm sure Google can help us find a number of additional clever and biting quotes criticizing Christianity if we need them. Let's try and keep this conversation, sensitive as it already is, to the original topic.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
              Kimo, I'm sure Google can help us find a number of additional clever and biting quotes criticizing Christianity if we need them. Let's try and keep this conversation, sensitive as it already is, to the original topic.

so solly!

( uh, what was the original top... oh yea.)

Comment

No matter what age or circumstances the parents to be are in, it's hard raising children. My first wife and I got together in high school and were 18 years old, living in our VW van, with very little financially when "we" became pregnant. Many people suggested abortion, but we felt that's not fair to not give this person a chance at life just because we didn't know how we'll fare through it all. My opinion is that once the sperm and egg meet up it is a human, because unless someone kills it or a miscarriage, that person will be born. It hasn't been easy and that marriage didn't survive, but my daughter is 23 now and glad we didn't choose abortion. And so am I.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Yipe. I was hoping this thread would go forgotten.

I commend your choice, Menehune Man, I do. But surely you can see, though, that a decision that was right for you might not have been the right one for someone else?

I remember how scared my wife and I were when we learned she was pregnant, and while my kids - kids, three of them, I'm #%@ insane! - are now the best thing that ever happened to me, I would never be so presumptuous as to think that because I chose a certain path, it must be the only path.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    Yipe. I was hoping this thread would go forgotten.

I commend your choice, Menehune Man, I do. But surely you can see, though, that a decision that was right for you might not have been the right one for someone else?
                    The question asked directed towards the replier(me) was "Where do you stand on the issue of abortion?" I stated how I stand on that issue. Your statement in reply to my post states your opinion, but surely you can see that it doesn't negate mine? I don't agree with you, fair enough?
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I'm against it.

When I asked several women how they thought after they had an abortion, they ALL said they regretted it later. It seemed right at the time but later when all was said and done, they felt as if they killed their child, yet an unborn fetus.

The debate is when is a life considered a life? Well a fetus develops into a child. Whether it's a life or not it's alive and developing. And it will develop into a thinking and breathing being. So to kill it in it's early stages of development is basically stopping it from becoming a viable human being like Kimo55 or Tiny Tadani

If you're gonna have recreational sex then by all means keep yourself from getting pregnant.

The only time I support abortion is when the female was impregnated against her will (rape) and it wasn't her decision to get pregnant, OR when the life of the mother is at risk. Other than that if both parties had sex and didn't exercise caution, well it seems that they should do the responsible thing and raise their child thru birth and to college.

Do I love sex? Yes. Do I have kids? Yes. All six of them alive and healthy and with good grades I might add. If my wife had opted for an abortion for any of my six boys, one of them or all of them may not be here to give me joy and a pain (in the wallet). I look at all my kids and wonder how in the world I could have ever gone thru life without them.

Life is precious, not disposable goods. You don't throw out your ceramic coffee mug if you can't find a place to set it down at work, why would you throw out a life for the sake of convenience then? If you can cradle that cherished coffee mug in your arms while carrying a ton of work in the other, then you can cradle a baby, YOUR BABY in your arms with equal pride.

Yeah I'm against abortion. But that's just me, everyone else can toss out their coffee mug...not me I keep all the mugs I get cuz there's something special in everyone of them.

Comment

coffee mug = rug rats.... uh, sure, yea, there's a simile!
                        haaa.

Comment

I love all my rug rats better than I love that robovac.

Comment

whudda co inky dink! i am runnin my robovac right now!
                            oh stay on topic..
                            yes..
                            ok, uuuhhh...
                            Yes, I am not against not supporting a stance of being for Abortion!

And i'm certainly not in favor of being against that perspective, notwithstanding the evidence contrarywise to the instances whereby it proves the theory!

Comment

Working...
                            X