X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT's Artwork Sharing Thread

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    Revamped logo for a church
    I like the shades of blue you used, Pesh. It goes well with the sky in the picture.

For the words, did you use the same shade throughout? The words in cursive seem darker, but I'm not sure if that's an optical illusion.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

I color picked the blues from the ocean in the background photo.

The script lettering is darker, there's a pin line of the dark blue around the white floral part of the border and around the 'G' bud-ish looking symbol in the middle.

Comment

What and who started my Hawaii connection....

Pali as Colossus

Comment

Done with a technical ink pen and ruler

Comment

*whistle*

Nice job keeping your lines parallel and evenly space. Is that tough to do, or is there a trick to it?
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "

Comment

Ooo...they are so not evenly spaced! LOL! Easiest way to do it is to have a sketch done with the shading in place then do the shapes of the shades spaces on the board. The lightest areas get one stroke through then turn the board and do the next darker area on an angle to the first go through. Just keep turning the board and your shading sketch to follow along as a visual aid and overlap the lines to get the dark areas.

Comment

Ooo...they are so not evenly spaced! LOL!
                Haha. I guess it's a good thing I'm a near sighted art critic

I don't notice any ink smudges on your lines either. Maybe you used one of those metal rulers which is raised off the paper by a layer of cork underneath?

Ink's nice, but I always make a mess of it.
                "

Comment

I used a metal ruler that I put a stack of tape on the underside to lift it off the board a bit...so no ink drags. I also use white cotton gloves with the fingers cut off so I don't smudge. It's a thing I learned from my key lining instructor in school.
                  Last edited by Peshkwe; June 19, 2008, 05:58 PM. Reason: typo fay attacking

Comment

Watercolor washes, conte' crayon and colored pencils

Comment

Yesterday was 24 Hour Comics Day. The challenge is to write and draw a 24 page comic within 24 hours. Everything -- plot, character design, etc -- must be done within the 24 hours. I survived mostly on brownies, bananas and Pepsi and actually managed to finish a few hours early. My fingers still hurt and my apartment is completely trashed. It was fun.

The end result, entitled Days of our Liver, can be found here. It's the story of a Liver who moves into a new body. Here's a little teaser:

Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                      Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Holy sh...!!!

I'm one of those people who can take a ruler and a pencil, in an attempt to draw a simple straight line --- and have it curve up and into space. No visual artistic abilities whatsoever have I.

IM-pressive!

Comment

Here's the first painting I'm sending my uncle for Xmas. I can't even wait that long to give it to him, so I'll probably just mail it to him next week!

Ummm, okay, I need some help here - I forgot how to add an image to my post. Can anybody remind me, please?
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

If the size is small enough just click the 'manage attachments' button below the posting window in the section that says Attach Files. If it's you have to have it on the web someplace like your own site or something like Photobucket. You'd then copy the URL for the photo and to post it click on the icon that looks like a postcard with a little mountain to insert the image link.

Comment

Okay, this might work....chesterpaintinscan 001.jpg

Oh, cool, it worked!! So this is my uncle's dog. I did it on canvas with acrylics. I thought I was finished, but I'll probably tweak it some throughout the week.
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Cute little bull terrier.

Comment

Working...
                                X