X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confession: I Use Too Many Paper Towels

I buy Sparkle

Edit: Yes its a legit brand of paper towel that they sell at Kmart
    Last edited by Aaron S; April 17, 2006, 10:25 PM.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

The last time I was in Honolulu, Safeway had pre-priced 50 cents rolls of a generic paper towels for sale. They were the smaller 80 sheet count rolls of no-frills plain white paper towels. That's about as low of a price I've ever seen for rolls of paper towels for sale anywhere in the US.

Comment

surfahbowah, go ta bed!
        bwah!

whachu, one wahine o wot? tawkin bout tissue pepah?!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          surfahbowah, go ta bed!
          bwah!

whachu, one wahine o wot? tawkin bout tissue pepah?!
          There is nothing I can say to counter that..I've been up for three hours (remember 6 hours difference this time of year between here and there)..and the best comment I can make is one regarding the price of paper towels at Safeway? Yeah you right..time to get out and fire up the John Deere..or go back to bed!

Comment

oh. yea. time diff... ok. nemmind!!

and you two! Craig and kalihi! You guyz go moemoe too!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
              I buy Sparkle... Yes its a legit brand of paper towel that they sell at Kmart
              Yep, it's a real brand. Frankly, it makes me think of that "Mr. Sparkes" episode of the Simpsons.

As for the paper towels themselves, I see Sparkle is joining the "scented" trend. I'm still not sure paper towels should really smell like anything. Moistened wipes, sure, but... I don't even like it when a roll of paper towels picks up the faint smell of the glue holding it to the cardboard roll!

ETA: Looks like the scent is only on the roll, not the towels... and I'll bet the idea came from complaints about the base glue smell. You learn something new (though not neccessarily useful) every day!

Comment

So far as I can remember, I have never bought a roll of paper towels.

Use the ones in public restrooms, though.

Comment

either:

A) You're still a dependant in a family
                  B) Your wife or significant other buys the paper towels
                  C) You're a single guy who has no interest in cleaning up
                  D) You have this issue with saving the trees so you use and wash rags
                  E) You're a really messy person that never cleans up
                  F) You've never discovered the beauty of paper towels
                  G) You've been buying them all along but never thought of them as PT's
                  H) OR!! You're living in some 3rd world country that doesn't have a clue as to what paper towels are.

I) Oh yeah you said you never bought them so maybe you are a paper towel shoplifter with this obsession to cleanliness on the cheap

Okay so you've never bought paper towels? I'm curious...why? I'm really intrigued...especially since this seemingly shallow thread has evolved into something of true interest to a lot of us.

I'm impressed that this thread has gone this far...it just goes to show us how simple things in life can take on a life of it's own once realized...like the issue of putting the cap back on a tube of toothpaste or toilet lids up or down? Or even toilet paper loaded forward or behind? Never mind my 2-year old is begging for his diaper change again and I'm too obessed with this thread
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                    either:
                    [...]
                    E) You're a really messy person that never cleans up
                    [...]
                    Well, based on first hand knowledge from about a decade ago, I can vouch that this isn't the case!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                      Well, based on first hand knowledge from about a decade ago, I can vouch that this isn't the case!

Soooo the truth comes out...Albert is so clean he doesn't make a mess! I'll buy that.

Comment

Tutusue your new icon is frickin scary.

I can't say anything about Albert here. I cannot imagine life without PT!

@
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

This IS getting deep, and I'm beginning to get a complex about wasting the stuff on spills that don't deserve it.

Yeah, and what about that whole loading thing? Flap in front or in back on the wall-mounted holder? Or do you go the "bachelor" method and just leave the open roll on the counter? Having a lady in the house, of course we do the former.. flap in front of course.

Maybe they'll come out with a laundry detergent that will allow you to throw used paper towels in the wash without it biodegrading.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                            Tutusue your new icon is frickin scary.

I can't say anything about Albert here. I cannot imagine life without PT!

@
                            See what happens when I forget to shave?! I somehow lost my other avatar but when I find it I'll replace that scary mug shot! I have one of Michael Jackson but it's scarier than the 'frickin scary' one!

So, Albert, what did you use in place of paper towels? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

So, Albert, what did you use in place of paper towels? Inquiring minds wanna know!
                              I just use my shirt*.

*does not apply to TP

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai

Maybe they'll come out with a laundry detergent that will allow you to throw used paper towels in the wash without it biodegrading.
                                I think they call it cloth rags?

Comment

Working...
                                X