Confession: I Use Too Many Paper Towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confession: I Use Too Many Paper Towels

The wife for some reason only buys Bounty. If I only need a small piece I rip the square and put the remainder back on top of the roll too. But hmmm I never recycled papertowels (wash and dry)... dats funny .

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      I have a habit, that I got from my dad, of tearing only the corner of the paper towel off of the roll when I need some. It's irrationally frugal and makes me look like, I dunno, like an old nisei man who grew up in the Depression.
      --------------------------------- >^.^< ---------------------------------
      Glen, You aren't alone in this respect, as many of us whose parents survived the depression suffer these "irrationally frugal" episodes. We are a composite of those who raised us and our own experiences and it has been my observation the more someone tries not to be like a parent, the more like them they become. One woman I knew tried so hard not to be anything like her mother that she later lamented she was much worse then her Mother ever was. My ex Mother in law had 9 kids, 10 if you counted her husband and had a set schedule of what to do on what day. My ex wanted to do everything just like her mom, albeit she didn't have any reasons. Heredity does weird things to a person.
      Cats and computers. Bring them into your home and your life is no longer your own.

Comment

What the -- ? A sincere question about the state motto gets two responses, and a thread about using paper towels has 46?

What a bunch of goofballs! I love this place!

Comment

Working...
        X