Sign here if you repaired something today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sign here if you repaired something today

I fixed the hurt feelings that a friend had over a mean comment that someone else said to her. I told her the other person was having a "bad day" due to being in physical pain, and to not take the mean comment personally.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      I didn't know office printers had ears to clean! I gotta whisper around my printer now
      Most equipment has ears...have you not ever made threats against a "supposedly" inanimate object and it started to act right?
      Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy
        Fixed a QuikLock set for a resident.
        I know how to rekey Kwiklock door locks and Schlage. I just did a set last night. Takes about five minutes to rekey a door lock to another key.

Oh and this morning I fixed a Ferrarri! My 2-1/2 year old rolled his yellow F40 off one of the kitchen counters onto the floor and the rear sub-chassis broke away from the unitized body. It took some major bodywork (two fingers and a butter knife) but I got it back in running condition! Now if I can only fix my BMW with the snapped timing chain!

Tonight I go to one of my friend's home in Hilo to overhaul his computer. He says it's running slow. He's never heard of anti-virus protection.
        Last edited by craigwatanabe; September 28, 2006, 07:17 AM.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiidreamin
          Most equipment has ears...have you not ever made threats against a "supposedly" inanimate object and it started to act right?
          If inanimate objects have a manitoe then half of all machines on this planet have been cursed by me. And to think I used to work for Kaimuki Typewriter fixing Copying machines!

Whenever something breaks because of some stupid design I start humming that song: If I had a hammer...I'd hammer in the morning...all over this world...

I read a quip in Readers Digest a few decades ago about a car mechanic who in frustration in trying to fix a supposedly broken car from a customer who kept bringing it in when it made a funny noise but when the mechanic got it the noise went away.

On the last trip to the repair shop the mechanic told the lady that everytime he pops the hood to look for the noise he can't find it, so he taped a picture of himself to the inside of the hood so it was always staring at the engine.

The car never came back.
          Last edited by craigwatanabe; September 28, 2006, 07:25 AM.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            Tonight I go to one of my friend's home in Hilo to overhaul his computer. He says it's running slow. He's never heard of anti-virus protection.
            Say what ? That doesn't sound good at all. One of my friends computer
            was so infected with viruses, I ended up re-installing Windows on it.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

ROFL @ the picture under the hood...
              I wonder if that would work in my office as most everyone swears that the equipment makes them look like a fool when they complain about something only to have it work fine when I come to look at it....

Comment

ok so like I didnt fix it, but my husband fixed my truck by putting in a new alterator yay!

Comment

I fixed my husband's ego today! Man that takes alot of work!
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                    I fixed my husband's ego today! Man that takes alot of work!
                    Can you really call it "fixed," when you generally have to repair it again and again, within 24 hours? It's a bug in the MaleEgo program - when you first meet us, you only get the demo. (And, keeping with the topic, I hope this "fixed" a smile on someone's face.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                      Can you really call it "fixed," when you generally have to repair it again and again, within 24 hours? It's a bug in the MaleEgo program - when you first meet us, you only get the demo. (And, keeping with the topic, I hope this "fixed" a smile on someone's face.)
                      LMAO, that is so true
                      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                        I will now be "fixing" my printer because I spit milk on it laughing!!
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040
                          ok so like I didnt fix it, but my husband fixed my truck by putting in a new alterator yay!
                          Any chance you were the one who went to the auto parts store to buy the "alterator"?

"My husband sent me to buy an "alterator" for a 1999 Dodge Ram pickup. You know.. it's that thingee that's silver on the outside, spins and has a belt attached to it. I think the belt fits a pants size 32 waist, with no buckle."
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                            I will now be "fixing" my printer because I spit milk on it laughing!!
                            Oop. I hope you didn't spit in its ears.

Remember: Inanimate objects ... ... ... aren't.

Comment

Yes, this is true about the MaleEgo program...(pardon me while I wipe away the tears of laughter)
                              Now to find a permanent program patch

And to fix my chair after I fell out of it laughing

Comment

Now to find a permanent program patch
                                A permanent program patch...good laugh there...The problem is... us guys will just keep finding ways to breach the patch!

Comment

Working...
                                X