Sign here if you repaired something today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sign here if you repaired something today

I know... i know... bring an old dead thread back to life.. yada yada yada...

i couldn't help it! I'm so proud of myself!

Last night, I installed a watter pressure boost pump in our house! Oh it's SOOO nice to have water pressure again! It was my first time EVER sweating pipe and I managed to do it and only get 1 third degree burn blister Doesn't even hurt today.

Carry on with normalcy lol.
    -kp!

Comment

*signs name here*

I fixed a few computers this morning. (well, that's my job)
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I tightened the screws on our entertaiment center, it was about to fall apart! How they got loose I have no idea!
        http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Comment

Fixes the thermo-coupler on one of our convection ovens...without anything blowing up!
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

I changed the blade in my chamfer plane. Does that count?

Oh, and i readjusted my belt/disk sander.
            Burl Burlingame
            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

K-den. Someone broke my antenna from my Lexus the other day in my parking stall at MWH! So...I took off the wires today. Low and behold there is no static. However, I can't understand how come still get music without the antenna.

Das mean I fixed it...right?

No antenna but get music.

Dances around Leimomi!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Did most of the major fixes this weekend. Today's fixes were easy. Went to Longs to buy a couple packages of eraser pencil refills and refilled 2 of Mel's pencil erasers. Darn kid goes through 2 of those things in a week. You'd understand why if you saw her handwritting. <LOL> Also replaced the broken hair trap in the tub.
                Big whooptidoo.

Comment

I restored my crashed computer yesterday. It is still acting a bit weird, kinda wobbly. But a big improvement over the black screen and DOS stuff that it was spitting out before the fix.

Comment

We changed the stater puller string thing on the lawnmower...boy that was a hoot. fingers hurt a ton tho

Comment

This wasn't my day. Bumped into the kitchen table, knocking over my fruit punch, which spilled over my digital camera, which HAPPENED to be right there. Yup, after that spill, it was dead. Wouldn't power up.

With the amount fruit punch that spilled over it, I really thought this was a done deal, but what the heck, might as well try fix it.

Let me say, opening a compact digital camera up is not far from performing brain surgery. You have to be very careful with the micro-sized circuit boards, ribbon cables and lens assembly.

Carefully removed each screw (which almost each one were a different length and diameter ) and cracked open the case. I thought I'd break the tabs, but it came off without incident. Cleaned whatever fruit punch had leaked inside, which there was some on several circuit boards, probably causing a short.

Cleaned it up, put it back together and voila.. it works! Yay!

Kudos once again to Canon for making a camera that not only takes great photos, but is also somewhat self-serviceable. The technology in these digital cameras is amazing.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Installed magnetic latches inside grandma's kitchen cabinets. Now they close all the way without hanging open! Yay!
                        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Fixed a leak in my Trash compactor a few days ago. I think it got shook loose after the last earthquake in Hilo. Had to replace the whole drain and collar assembly. With the advice of a knowledgeable Home Depot guy, I got the job done.More Kudos for Hilo Home Depot .

Anyway, plumbing and electric usually frighten me, but I managed to fix it.
                          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

One of the toilets was leaking a little into the bowl. Changed the flap. Things back to normal. HGTV to the rescue ...........

Comment

Opened and cleaned the circuitry of my car alarm remote. Works now

Fixed a cigarette I broke with tape. Works now
                              Sing with me, everyone!
                              "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
                              like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------
                              http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
                              --------------------------------------------------------------
                              The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
                              http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

Financial repairs, rolling over the 401(k) from my former employer into an IRA investment account, as well as changing over a CD to a higher-interest rate.

Comment

Working...
                                X