Household Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Household Tips

Cezanne, I don't understand something...I liked your recipe cuz it sounded like something that I just wipe and no rinsing, but then I saw the last ingredient. With any dish soap in it, seems you have to rinse and rinse well. Help me here....and thanks.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

It's pretty much no rinse. It's not that much dish soap. I dunno maybe the alcohol and/or the ammonia aid in the soap residue removal. Try it.
      Originally posted by Karen View Post
      Cezanne, I don't understand something...I liked your recipe cuz it sounded like something that I just wipe and no rinsing, but then I saw the last ingredient. With any dish soap in it, seems you have to rinse and rinse well. Help me here....and thanks.

Comment

Cool beans! I am pleasantly amazed that yeppers, you do use it like I do windex, just spray and wipe. Thanks~

Comment

Once my toddler got diaper trained I didn't know what to do with the remaining two sealed Costco packages of baby wipes until...

Now they're used to clean the bathroom and kitchen counter tops. Works great and the pop up containers make it easy to grab.

I use the aerosol Lysol on my windows and faucet hardware. It leaves a clean, streak free and sanitized surface.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

My tip is to buy a camper and escape the house.

(we still use babywipes...the baby is nine years old. They are good for dirty faces, sticky fingers, poopy butts, greasy fingers, feminine places, camp showers, menstrual messes, dirty ears, stinky underarms...)
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Craig, I dig Lysol products and just want to share a tip about health, and their aerosol product. I'll set it up for ya....Edith bunker style perhaps, so sleeping is optional as you read.

Mom was fighting her cancer, had been in the lung, half of one taken out, but nine mos. later it was back, several tumors in the liver. I was home with her and we were at her oh no, I haven't been up long...the name of the pulmonary doc...LOL anyway,

we were discussing how the chemo had kicked her into the hospital with infection and I told doc how clean we were keeping her house, even spraying the door knobs with lysol aerosol and he said to use other lysol products and wipe them with a rag, because he said that Lysol aerosol "eats the lining of our lungs."

I was using it heavily on the floors of our cat boxes and only coughing if I breathed too much. Man, am I more careful now.

Comment

Craig, I dig Lysol products and just want to share a tip about health, and their aerosol product. I'll set it up for ya....Edith bunker style perhaps, so sleeping is optional as you read.

Mom was fighting her cancer, had been in the lung, half of one taken out, but nine mos. later it was back, several tumors in the liver. I was home with her and we were at her oh no, I haven't been up long...the name of the pulmonary doc...LOL anyway,

we were discussing how the chemo had kicked her into the hospital with infection and I told doc how clean we were keeping her house, even spraying the door knobs with lysol aerosol and he said to use other lysol products and wipe them with a rag, because he said that Lysol aerosol "eats the lining of our lungs."

I was using it heavily on the floors of our cat boxes and only coughing if I breathed too much. Man, am I more careful now.

Okay I'll switch to the bottled version and use a rag. Thanks for that info
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Are Clorox wipes not effective as Lysol?

Comment

No wonder, now that I think back, we'd use it to spray the outside garbage can (issued by the City), and I would feel like I was hacking up a lung trying to get that can to be disinfected and smelling decent!

We shall continue with our multi-purpose cleaner, AWESOME, cleans everything from the autos, to the garage, to the bathroom, kitchen...it's simply AWESOME!
                    ___
                    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Sue, that's a darn good question. I have never used those wipes. What I need to do is read their ingredient list. Does it say they do have bleach in them? I ask cuz my sis told me the Clorox floor wipes that I think she meant are Swiffer's competition....that they don't have bleach in them, and of course you wouldn't want them to cuz how do you get bleach off of a floor, and not track any of it into carpet? yikes....

So, if those have bleach in them then one has to be careful where you use them right? or, of course they don't have bleach in them so not to worry, but it's the bleach that powerfully kills germs, so what does Clorox use that does?

I'm being rhetorical, and hope you can tell so. I'm not drilling ya here.

Lysol's power is proven and dang good, so if Clorox wipes use an equally powerful ingredient but it isn't bleach, I'm there. (I dig using clorox on bathtub and shower floors and walls, but sure don't want to use it anywhere that I have to worry about it transferring, bleaching things out, etc)

Infinity, you've mentioned Awesome more than once and you do have my attention! sounds uh...dare I say it? LOL wonderful! I gotta watch the store aisle on base and see if they've got it, or elsewhere, sure. I like learning about new things that do work, I mean new to me. I've tried some supposed environmentally safe things, for example, and they had names I'd never heard of and uh...got returned to the store. They just didn't work as well and I can only wonder if billions of germs were laughing at me.
                      Last edited by Karen; August 12, 2007, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                        (we still use babywipes...the baby is nine years old. They are good for ... stinky underarms...)
                        Stinky 'pits? Forget taking A SHOWER... just use baby wipes!

Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                          Stinky 'pits? Forget taking A SHOWER... just use baby wipes!

Disgusting.
                          There are times when taking a shower is not an available option.

Comment

My kids have been out of diapers for years, but I still buy wipes in bulk for everything. I especially like to delouse after leaving a place like Savers (but I have vowed never to return to that dump ever again). We have them in the van for wiping our hands if we are having lunch. And they are very good for spots on the shirt, wiping the upholstery, the steering wheel, ya kinda go crazy and wipe the gear knob, the dash, the door...

Tutusue:
                            I think the theory that liquid soap doesn't form scum in the tub could be correct. My girls have been using the Suave liquid soaps formulated for kids and their tub is not nearly as groady as ours...we use bar soaps and liquid soaps, depending on mood...it could be that as adults we slough off more, but to an extent I think I can confirm that liquid soap residue doesn't generally harden in the tub.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Good points about the baby wipes, man the uses just keep on a'comin.
                              They are one of the things our troops request and I've sent some of them to Iraq. I can barely imagine not being able to shower and feeling really hot & yechy, and the relief those things must bring.

I also carry the little handwipes in my purse and leave the baby wipes in the car.

Comment

If you store the babywipes upside down, they tend to stay damp longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X