Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Household Tips

Originally posted by Karen View Post
    Sue, that's a darn good question. I have never used those wipes. What I need to do is read their ingredient list.[...]
    I'm too lazy to type them from the label. Here they are per this web site:
    Active Ingredients: n-Alkyl (C14, 60%; C16, 30%; C12, 5%; C18, 5%) Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride...0.145% – n-Alkyl (C12, 68%; C14, 32%) Dimethyl Ethylbenzyl Ammonium Chloride...0.145% – Other Ingredients...99.710%

I use them mostly on door knobs and handles after each casting session. Lotsa people, lotsa germs!

Comment

Craig, I dig Lysol products and just want to share a tip about health, and their aerosol product.
      <Sigh> Some people at work leave a can of the stuff in the bathroom so they can use it when they are done. The company's large enough that the bathroom can be rather busy.

I hate when I have to use the bathroom after one of those people. I simply can not imagine anything that can "disinfect on contact" that wouldn't be bad for my lungs in any trace amounts.

I wish I could find an article. Maybe I can post it in the bathroom and see if that can will disappear.

Comment

Hey Pomai where do you buy those wall hangers?

The tub smelled like a pool and those non-slip strips looked a little cleaner. I'm sure using bleech would work just as well. I was just experimenting.
        just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Infinity, you've mentioned Awesome more than once and you do have my attention! sounds uh...dare I say it? LOL wonderful! I gotta watch the store aisle on base and see if they've got it, or elsewhere, sure. I like learning about new things that do work, I mean new to me. I've tried some supposed environmentally safe things, for example, and they had names I'd never heard of and uh...got returned to the store. They just didn't work as well and I can only wonder if billions of germs were laughing at me.
          Like I said, I could find it at any Dollar Tree Store in Texas, but only Pearl City Longs here in Hawaii. My Mom, whom I must dub Queen of Clean was instantly "hooked" on the ease and efficiency of AWESOME!

So, I just Yahoo'd it, and...

I stumbled upon www.awesome-cleaner.com and there's a whole line of AWESOME products...time to bust out the credit card!
          ___
          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
            [...]I stumbled upon www.awesome-cleaner.com and there's a whole line of AWESOME products...time to bust out the credit card!
            I reeeeally want some of the 'horse face wipe' but, alas, the Awesome store is closed!

Seriously, I think I bought some of this product at the Murakai 99¢ store a couple of years ago. I went back for more and it was gone. I should check again.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              I reeeeally want some of the 'horse face wipe' but, alas, the Awesome store is closed!

Seriously, I think I bought some of this product at the Murakai 99¢ store a couple of years ago. I went back for more and it was gone. I should check again.
              Marukai, need to tell NOE that we need to take a cruise down Ward, on a POI day too would be even better!
              ___
              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Gecko, I googled the words "Lysol and Lung" but stuff came up about indepth chemical studies and I didn't have the time to wade through it all. I hope you can put something up, heck, why not just a notice in large font that says "Lysol Aerosol eats lung lining" cuz I dang well guarantee you that Mom's doc was serious and confident in his warning. Heck, I'd do my own sign, get people to thinking and to talking about it.

thank you, Infinity! I'm clicking that link next and checking it all out.
                Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Hey! Talking about Wipes! Got all kind wipes foa Sale at Times Liliha! They recently opened a Dollar Stand. Gadgets, shampoos, household products, etc. for only a dollar.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I just came back from Times Liliha! Ukipila people buying plenny food and odda stuff. Especially, batteries and can goods!

Parking was hard to find.

But people were smiling and courteous to each other.

Only in Hawai'i!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Dollar Tree
                      Why is it when I see one of these stores, I want to add the word "Eighty" to their sign?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Why is it when I see one of these stores, I want to add the word "Eighty" to their sign?
                        Thank you so much, I needed a hearty laugh thanks for your DOLLAH TREE EIGHTY!
                        ___
                        "Be god to each other."

Comment

Marukai, need to tell NOE that we need to take a cruise down Ward, on a POI day too would be even better!
                          I was at the 99¢ Store today and they have various "Awesome" products. Trouble is, I don't know whether or not they're knock-offs. I saw the all purpose cleaner in a red spray bottle. The "Awesome" web site doesn't show a red bottle. You be the judge, Neenz!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            I was at the 99¢ Store today and they have various "Awesome" products. Trouble is, I don't know whether or not they're knock-offs. I saw the all purpose cleaner in a red spray bottle. The "Awesome" web site doesn't show a red bottle. You be the judge, Neenz!!!
                            Hmm...the bottle sold in stores is clear, the liquid is yellowish, and the font color is red. The "spray" is more a pump at the top...and not a trigger type.

Gosh darn it, we were in town on our way to Ward, got distracted by our stomachs and ended up dining at Shirokiya! Sorry tutusue...could be a knock off.
                            ___
                            "Be god to each other."

Comment

[...]Sorry tutusue...could be a knock off.
                              That's ok...I'm glad I saved you a trip! Besides, it was probably $1.49 and not 99¢!

Comment

regarding lysol, here's their MSDS. it's 4% carbon dioxide, 0.1% 2-phenylphenol, and 79% ethyl alcohol--the same stuff that's in your vodka.

the msds shows that the federal national toxicology program, occupational safety and health program, and the international agency for research on cancer have all found lysol not to be a carcinogen.

that said...

it's never a good idea to use any aerosol around anyone who has any kind of respiratory problem.

additionally, even if you have a healthy pulmonary system, you shouldn't be breathing in any aerosol indiscriminately.

*takes her healthcare risk management hat off*
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X