Playwright Lisa Matsumoto dies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playwright Lisa Matsumoto dies...

I wonder what the formula is; it might be really useful to make a mobile phone app with it.

I usually have something like one beer per hour, and never more than two total (I get morose when I drink; not fun). It came out to .001.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
      And Jesus supported the truth.
      I thought Jesus supported love and forgiveness.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        What stopped them from doing the right thing?
        Well. There hasn't been anything released about whether or not she was even with someone. You don't have to be with someone in order to get smashed.
        Last edited by scrivener; December 20, 2007, 06:57 PM. Reason: "another town, and one more show..."
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          I thought Jesus supported love and forgiveness.
          Sure. They are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            Well. There hasn't been anything released about whether or not she was even with someone. You don't have to be with someone in order to get smashed.
            Where did she get ... smas... hamme... err, drunk?

Comment

Sure. They are not mutually exclusive.
              Are truth and judgment not mutually exclusive?
              Last edited by Random; December 20, 2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

That's what you do cuz you suffer from that disease.
                Oh, I understand the difference between the groups you describe. It was just a case of mistaken identity.

Comment

And Jesus supported the truth.
                  Wooo - comparing yourself to Jesus ... always a popular option.

It's okay by me if you do - but when you say you're bigger than the Beatles, then we beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    then we beef.
                    And be sure to post that up on YouTube.

(Yeah, I get increasingly attracted to violence this time of the year.)

Comment

The respectful place to discuss other DUI episodes would be another thread since this one is for probably condolences for Lisa Matsumoto. Maybe someone will start a new thread about celebrity etc DUIs. Oh wait, I did that already. But the admin shut it down saying it was uh, I forget. But they shut it down. Seems to me, a separate thread to discuss the larger issue was actually the respectful thing to do so that those who wanted to remember and eulogize Lisa Matsumoto could do so peacefully.

But not the admin. So I will continue the discussion here where the Admin feels it is more appropriate.

1) Jon Karamatsu pleads no contest. Bruddah was 2x the legal limit.

2) Roelle K. Hoohuli, 22 year old mother of a 3 year old also twice the legal limit. She's dead.

Talk amongst yourselves kids.

Comment

2) Roelle K. Hoohuli, 22 year old mother of a 3 year old also twice the legal limit. She's dead.
                        And I discovered my 3 degrees of separation from her (family member of a friend of a co-worker)

You know when there's an accident in the airlines, the NTSB does a careful investigation. While many times it does boil down to "pilot error" they also identify contributing factors that caused the pilot to make the error. This frequently causes changes in procedures or even redesigning equipment.

If we're to make further impact on the problem, I think we need to study how these individuals get into this situation. It's easy to say "don't drink and drive", but that seems about as successful as prohibition. Everyone knows it's not zero tolerance, but I don't think they have to tools to know their limit. What we are seeing are errors of the system, not necessarily errors of individuals. As long as we continue to blame those who crash and ignore the possibility that it's a system error, we will continue to have DUI accidents.

Anyway, there will be a few families that won't be having a very merry Christmas. My heart goes out to them.

May everyone here on HT have a Merry and safe Christmas.

Comment

It's sad that Lisa will alawys be remembered by the way she died, not the way she lived.
                          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                          Flickr

Comment

One degree of separation for me. I did not know that one of my acquaintances is her older sister ..................

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                              It's sad that Lisa will alawys be remembered by the way she died, not the way she lived.
                              I think it will die down and things will fall back into prospective. But there will always be a small black mark on how she died. Not unlike other local entertainers have self-destructed.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                                I think it will die down and things will fall back into prospective. But there will always be a small black mark on how she died. Not unlike other local entertainers have self-destructed.
                                I agree...but it's so true. We always remember how they died when they self=destruct.
                                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X