Who is this guy?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is this guy?!?!

So yeah, "this guy" is panana. Pretty lame.
    I'm amazed it took so long to figure it out!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      I'm amazed it took so long to figure it out!
      9.5 hours, from first posting to revelation - though, knowing pz's skills, it probably took less than 15 minutes, once he decided to check him out.

Comment

Heh. A WHOIS search is 101 stuff, but I didn't check out this thread 'til this morning. Considering how web-savvy this guy is presenting himself to be, and his attempt at making this blog anonymous, I was surprised he didn't have an obfuscated domain record.

Comment

Looking forward to his return to HT, hat in hand, freshly obfuscated (or at the very least, chastised.)

Comment

I figured it out right away (11 minutes after he posted)... next time I'll pm an admin. a "Red flag" next time I'm suspicious...

But I wanted to make sure and give him the benefit of doubt as well as give others the pleasure to see for themselves that the guy is not really all together with his unscrupulous ways of attempting to gain readership of his own blog!

Comment

Sure, Manoa. 'Cause you always PM an admin rather than seize an opportunity to show off in front of an audience. Thanks so much for deigning to leave to us the pleasure of figuring it out all by our lonesome... I sure had fun.

Like I said above, I'm sure Jon's a nice guy. He's creative, he's found a home here in Hawaii and loves it, his blog is a decent start for a fictional local character (and he's got another one related to his business). I'd honestly love for Panana to join the 'ohana, rather than just pitch to it.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                I'd honestly love for Panana to join the 'ohana, rather than just pitch to it.
                I just don't see why he had to go through all that trouble for publicity.

A simple "Hey guys, this is me...and this is my blog. Come check it out when you have the time." would have been sufficient and I probably would have paid a visit.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
                  I just don't see why he had to go through all that trouble for publicity.

A simple "Hey guys, this is me...and this is my blog. Come check it out when you have the time." would have been sufficient and I probably would have paid a visit.
                  It's takes time to build a following of regular readers who are loyal to come and check one's Blog. It's not easy to Blog. It is hard work. It takes more than PR, wit and style.

Each Blog is an extension of the person. If the person is boring ~ the Blog will be Boring. If the person is decieving ~ the Blog will be too.

He started on the wrong foot...da Banana!!!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha –
                    I thought I needed to clear up some things as well as answer some specific people. First, I probably should not have posted this thread before formally introducing myself, making a few other posts, etc. For that, I apologize. My bad judgement.

Second, I want to thank those who took it in the spirit it was intended – purely in fun. I’m especially glad 1stwahine got a kick out of it. I’ve read your blog and you are obviously someone I would love to be friends with.

Third, as to ‘pure PR (ie trying to make money)’ implications. There are no ads on the blog, nor is there an order form for Lord Platelunch t-shirts, trading cards, etc. At least not yet. I was well aware that Whois has my name on the record. But I’m not even the blogger – I’m just a friend.

Fourth, as to the SEO book. The SEO book is free. I don’t even ask for people’s name/email address/blood type before downloading. They just click and save. No hoops to go through. The book is pure useable, even essential, info. It was even written up and recognized as so on About.com. Outside of including my contact info, I don’t push my business even once in it.

Sure, I would love to gain business through it, but it’s a stand-alone product. It’s applicable to any/all businesses that want to avoid the bad seeds we unfortunately have in the SEO/SEM world. We’re not all shysters, Ryan.

Fifth, the HOBRA thing, while tongue-in-cheek, is pointed at something that worries a lot of people in the Islands, including myself – the loss of the unique way of life here from new stresses and a huge influx of new residents. I don’t want to lose what we all have here. That’s why I’m in Hawaii. If I wanted to live mainland life, I’d live on the Mainland.

Progress is inevitable, but I believe we can shape it to bring Island values along with us. I believe the majority of newcomers would take on the local life if they had more exposure to it and if they weren’t all made to feel like outsiders. Almost all of us were malihinis, or our families were, at one time.

Lastly, come on guys –I didn’t think I was pulling off some big trick on everybody - And with someone known as ‘Lord Platelunch’? Again, I apologize if it appeared that I was just trying to plug myself or somehow rip anyone off. It was purely for fun.

I look forward to being a part of the community and want to extend my hand in friendship and my best wishes to all –

Jon
                    PS I’m not a Dad yet, just have a poi dog.

Comment

But I’m not even the blogger – I’m just a friend.
                      and then a few sentences later.
                      Again, I apologize if it appeared that I was just trying to plug myself or somehow rip anyone off. It was purely for fun.
                      Will the real panana please stand up!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        It's takes time to build a following of regular readers who are loyal to come and check one's Blog. It's not easy to Blog. It is hard work. It takes more than PR, wit and style.

Each Blog is an extension of the person. If the person is boring ~ the Blog will be Boring. If the person is decieving ~ the Blog will be too.
                        That is true.

I have a LiveJournal that I've kept since 2002 and my readership grew over the years via friends' blog links.

While I started my blog for my own personal use, I found that meeting new people and having them leave comments (both positive and negative) was worthwhile.

I have friends who lock each and every post so that it's viewable only to themselves or a small group of friends. While I don't go around promoting my blog, I welcome new readers but at the same time I don't want the entire world and their mamas on my site. I guess you can call me an in-between.
                        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                        We're not here to mess around
                        Boston, you know we love you madly
                        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                        You know we couldn't live without you
                        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by panana
                          Second, I want to thank those who took it in the spirit it was intended – purely in fun. I’m especially glad 1stwahine got a kick out of it. I’ve read your blog and you are obviously someone I would love to be friends with. Jon
                          Jon, heheheh.

You came back! You got guts! I'd love to friends with you too.

Too Funny.

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Sorry - I sat down for a second.

I'm involved, obviously, but I'm not 'Lord Platelunch'. Hope this clears things up

all the best
                            jon

Comment

To hell with Lord Platelunch, now I want to read Lei Liko's blog!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                                Jon, heheheh.

You came back! You got guts! I'd love to friends with you too.

Too Funny.

Auntie Lynn
                                Thanks for the kind words, Auntie! Consider us friends! You got my back if things get ugly, right?

jon

Comment

Working...
                                X