• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tutusue
    replied
    Re: "Chief" at Sundance & HIFF

Additional Screening at Dole:
    HIFF just announced that they are going to do an encore screening of CHIEF on Saturday at noon. It'll be playing on its own (or possibly with THE BEAUTY QUEEN as an amuse bouche, depending whether we're in a theater with HD capability or not).

Leave a comment:

• kiwidiva
    replied

OK now I can't find a time for Sunset on the Beach! DOH!! I guess I'll just go early (before the sun goes down) and try to get a good spot!!!

Leave a comment:

• kiwidiva
    replied

Fa'afetai lava, tutusue!

I will spread the word because I know there are a lot of people in the Samoan community that want to watch this film! They will be ecstatic to know that they can watch it for free at Sunset on the Beach!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

An answer to your question, kiwidiva, from the director...
    CHIEF will be playing SUNSET ON THE BEACH, Saturday night, Oct. 11th, at (you guessed it) sunset, in the usual spot in Waikiki. This screening isn't mentioned on the HIFF website, but it's free and should be fun.

CHIEF's second screening is Sunday night, October 12th, at 8:45pm at Dole Cannery. At this screening, CHIEF will be showing in 35mm.
    And...director is a brand, new daddy! Hence the delay in receiving the SotB info!

Leave a comment:

• kiwidiva
    replied

Mahalo tutusue! On the HIFF website, I can't find any mention of the Sunset on the Beach screenings that were listed in the Star Bulletin. When I search for CHIEF and click on screenings, it still only lists the one showing on Sunday at 8:45 p.m. at Dole.

I understand it is a busy time but don't want to go to Waikiki on Saturday evening, drive around to find a parking spot and lug my chair to the beach only to find out that the film isn't playing.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

I sent an email and will post the answer when/if I hear back. It's a busy time for the filmmakers right now! Chief doesn't show up on SotB's online movie calendar but, possibly, the calendar hasn't been updated yet.

Leave a comment:

• kiwidiva
    replied

OK - I just looked more closely and the Sunset on the Beach listing is for SATURDAY - so I CAN see both! Or can I? Can someone who is in the know confirm?? Will CHIEF play on Saturday as part of Sunset on the Beach and Sunday at Dole Cannery???

Leave a comment:

• kiwidiva
    replied

The HIFF website lists CHIEF as playing at Regal Dole Cannery on Sunday at 8:45 but today's Star Bulletin has it lasted as part of the Sunset on the Beach screenings - which I'm thinking means it will show for free on Waikiki Beach.

http://www.starbulletin.com/features..._hiff_pt1.html

That's good news for CHIEF in terms of exposure, but so much for me ducking out of Rain of the Children to catch CHIEF! I was thinking I could just go theater hopping to catch both movies but Waikiki is a big hop from Iwilei!
    Last edited by kiwidiva; October 6, 2008, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

can't wait to see it

Leave a comment:

• kiwidiva
    replied

I can't believe it's only airing ONCE! And at the same time as Kiwi film Rain Of The Children!! I think I'll catch the start of Rain at 7:30 - duck over to the shorts at 8:45, hopefully Chief plays first - then back to Rain - then watch the whole of Rain when it airs again on Wednesday 10/15 (I'm too impatient to wait until Wednesday to watch Rain in its entirety!)

I bet they add more screenings for CHIEF as I'm sure EVERYONE will be going to see it, right?

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied
    Re: A Hawaii produced film make it to the Sundance Film Festival

Chief screens at HIFF...
    8:45 PM, Sun, Oct 12

Leave a comment:

• shaveice
    replied

wow; how did i miss this thread? that's awesome news; getting a ticket for that flick will be a must come october!

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

Oh never mind, right off of the movie's website

SHOOTING FORMAT: Super 16mm film

It was under the "Press" section, so I didn't think to look for it there, but I guess it makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

A belated WOOHOO! and GG for this news

The SB article, which zztype linked, was a good read. Unfortunately the link to kiwidiva's article is no longer working The trailer was pretty good too. It's interesting to see Honolulu through "film" (was the movie shot in traditional film or digital?).

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
    CHIEF just won the Best Dramatic Short Award at the Los Angeles International Short Film Festival over the weekend. The award makes the locally-made film eligible to be nominated for an Academy Award. [...]
    Makes me all misty-eyed. Really. In a very good way, of course!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X