Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

it was SO hard to watch! my boyfriend was too cute-- he got uncomfortable for me when everyone was laughing at all the anti-semitism. i didn't care that much since cohen, ah, is a jew too-- but man i have to tell you i wanted to curl up and die during some parts of it.

ps: LOVED the 40-yera old virgin but only after the second time i saw it.
    life is ok sometimes

Comment

Re: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Originally posted by christa View Post
      it was SO hard to watch! my boyfriend was too cute-- he got uncomfortable for me when everyone was laughing at all the anti-semitism. i didn't care that much since cohen, ah, is a jew too-- but man i have to tell you i wanted to curl up and die during some parts of it.

ps: LOVED the 40-yera old virgin but only after the second time i saw it.
      yep, sacha cohen is not only a jew, but his parents are british orthodox jews and cohen himself is cambridge-educated, if i am not mistaken.

salon.com has a GREAT breakdown of the different scenes and how they came to be.

while i can't stand to watch ali g (i get very sore sympathy pains watching people like ed meese or james lipton rapping at ali g's urging), i ADORE borat.

veerrrrrrrrrryyyyy niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! *thumbs up*
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Re: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhst

Caught it over in Maui and laughed so hard I cried literally at times. I cannot remember when I saw a movie this funny. Even when I try and describe the movie and some of it's scenes I burst out laughing. And just to think a week or two earlier I thought the movie looked so stupid I didnt want to see it but hey what else is there to do in Lahaina at 10pm at night?

I have never seen so many people walk out of a theater, some people had their mouths open wide in astonishment at some of the things they saw. One mother kept covering up her two sons eyes and ears they could not have been older than 10, I don't know why they would bring kids to see this film and why can't they just walk out you know what I mean?? I wonder how many refunds were given out that night.

How it got away with a 'R' rating, especially the hilarious naked wrestling scenes in the hotel is beyond me! Did they really crash that mortgage conference meeting?? I know the Pam Anderson stuff was staged, supposedly it led to Pam and Kid Rock's breakup, who cares, I loved the movie.

I also saw Tenacious D and consider it hilarious as well but Borat is far more funnier in my opinion.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Re: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhst

We watched this last night on DVD. I dunno what I missed but I didn't think it was funny at all. What woulda been funny is seeing someone he acted like an ass to kick his ass.

Comment

Working...
          X