Asian Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asian Movies

Growing up I remember watching Zatoichi (blind swordsman). In theaters the Bruce Lee movies that bought out the Kung-Fu movies. I also liked the Japanese obake movies during the 70`s. Now day`s I like watching KIKU-TV especially Shoko ga Shi di tai.
    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Asian movies!

Anyone into trading here? I have a huge collection of movies from Japan, China, Hong Kong, Korea, and filipines. Not to worry,all of them are PG 13 and not the rated X kind.

My favorites: Twilight Samurai, three, Naked Weapon, Feng Shui from Filipines, and so much more I cant even name them..

If you are into trading let me know and I can somehow post my list somewhere or even here!

Hilo Artist

Comment

I'll trade... oh wait, its not the xrated kind, never mind.... lol

I just saw 200 pounds beauty, its pretty good, but not great. I'd give it about 6. Or maybe its because I got melancholy when the girl sorta looked like my 1st gf...

http://www.hiff.org/filmlisting_tick...5&page=current
        http://imdb.com/title/tt0940642/

also, skinny hannah - haaaaawawawttt!
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
          I'll trade... oh wait, its not the xrated kind, never mind.... lol

I just saw 200 pounds beauty, its pretty good, but not great. I'd give it about 6. Or maybe its because I got melancholy when the girl sorta looked like my 1st gf...

http://www.hiff.org/filmlisting_tick...5&page=current
          http://imdb.com/title/tt0940642/

also, skinny hannah - haaaaawawawttt!
          Just saw that movie too!
          That girl is cute in her skinny mode.

Comment

Yeah, she sort of looks like the girl from "My Sassy Girl" but with less meaness
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

The first time I stumbled onto Ichi the Killer, all I could do was stare and mumble, "WTF?"

So Close was entertaining.

I'm partial to the action flicks but would watch other genres if the movie sucked me in.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                Zatoichi, Bilnd Swordsman was pretty good.

And anything by Kurosawa.
                Ran
                Seven Samurai (The Magnificent Seven)
                Hidden Fortress (what Star Wars was based on)
                Yojimbo (Fistful of Dollars)

EXACTLY! RAN is one of my ALL time faves.

Zatoichi was awesome, I loved the song and dance number at the end, lol.
                flickr

An email from God:
                To: People of Earth
                Date: 9/04/2007
                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

If memory serves me correct, My Sassy Girl is Jeon Ji hyon. She was also good in Il Mare and windstruck.

I ve never really favored pure oriental women until recently. Always had hapa girlfriends and now a hapa wife. I guess it's because I had a pure Japanese mom and half sisters who were pure Japanese and were brats.

Comment

You should head over to Blockbuster Video and borrow 'Apartment 301/302'. It's a Korean movie, predictable in the end, but it is ever so fascinating to watch the lady cook! Warning though, THIS MOVIE IS ADULT MATERIAL, in contents and theme. Please do not let your children view this film.

Comment

i was gonna send you a review from amazon regarding that movie but you've blocked personal messages so i'll just provide the link:

http://www.amazon.com/301-302-Sin-Hy.../dp/1574922173

scroll down to a reviewer named M. Falk and tell me if you agree with his interpretation. i have a hunch that you'll disagree with him cuz you said that the end was so predictable... (Note: SPOILER ALERT! others shouldn't read it if you don't wanna know about the movie before seeing it.)

just wondering
                      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

shaveice, I read M. Falk's review and to tell you the truth I didn't read that much into the movie. I suppose you could interpret any movie or book at any level (shallow or deep), but that would hurt my head too much. All I know is the movie was fascinating and if you get a chance, rent it.

Comment

Originally posted by wifeofchrees View Post
                          shaveice, I read M. Falk's review and to tell you the truth I didn't read that much into the movie. I suppose you could interpret any movie or book at any level (shallow or deep), but that would hurt my head too much. All I know is the movie was fascinating and if you get a chance, rent it.
                          thanks for the recommendation. it's hard to find the time but i'll keep an eye out for it the next time i have a chance to rent a movie
                          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
                          X