Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In "Manic Monday," why are the Bangles wishing it were Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In "Manic Monday," why are the Bangles wishing it were Sunday?

Prince even produced music for Carmen Electra on his label and gave her that name in the early 90s. . .I guess her music career didn't take off.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      You don't know that. Maybe Saturday sucks for them, for whatever reason. You've got to stay exegetical about these things and limit yourself to arguments that can be supported by the text, in this case the lyrics.

The song says Sunday is the person's fun day, not Saturday or Friday. Also, you must be careful not to confuse songwriter or singer with persona. Freddie Mercury, for example, did not put a gun against a man's head, then pull the trigger (now he's dead). That was the "I" in the song.
      OMG you're so analytical!! Just like my wife

Sunday is their fun day because no other day rhymes with it! You can't sing, "I wish it were Thursday...that's my fun day" see it just doesn't sound right. Now if they wanted a FAT day then that would definately be SATurday. Tuesday is the Lose day, Wednesday is simply messed up, Friday is the emotionally charged Cry day.

It's all in the rhythm! Loosen up and feel the beat and let it rock ya man
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        Sunday is their fun day because no other day rhymes with it! You can't sing, "I wish it were Thursday...that's my fun day" see it just doesn't sound right.
        Why are you assuming Sunday was chosen because it rhymes with "fun day," when it could be that "fun day" was chosen to rhyme with "Sunday?"
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Does the lead singer of The Bangles still do the "side-eye" look while singing?

Comment

Working...
          X