Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Hawaiian Bands of All Time

Originally posted by JKane View Post
    I was the drummer/vocalist for The Jasper Rose Band for 5 years (1970s) who played next to Ox (pre-Seawind) in Waikiki at O'Pehrs club and I was the drummer/vocalist for The Delta Band for 8 years (1980's). Both bands were good and under-rated. We may have been the first live band to play reggae music in Waikiki in the mid-seventies. We had original music and played concert warmups for the Elvin Bishop Band, the Manhattans and Rick Springfield at the NBC arena, and we were all good friends with the members of Shnazz. Frank Kam, guitarist from Shnazz who is now with Coconut Joe, was a guitarist in The Delta Band for a few years. Those were great times and I will always love Hawaii and its music. We became good friends with many of the local Hawaiian musicians of that time.
    I remember O'Pehrs/Little Orphan Annie's in Waikiki. It was was where Egg's N Things is now. I seen a band called Rock n Roll Roadshow there. O'Pehrs/Little Orphan Annie's ended up moving by the airport at the old Dunes site. They closed down and in 83' Gussie Lamours took over and Gussies ended up closing in 2004.

Comment

Working...
    X