Jimmy Buffett concert "rules"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jimmy Buffett concert "rules"

I'm just gonna have to miss this one. Bummer!
    But taking to much time off near that period, for previous engagements.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Jimmy Buffet's at the Beachcomber's Sneak Peek opening is going to be on February 1st....should be fun. The Pau Hana Parrotheads were privvy to 50 tickets so hubby and I will be going. Not sure how many other tickets are still available...but it will be held right after the Super Bowl. It would be nice if Jimmy pops in.

Comment

Got my tickets ordered for the Jimmy Buffett concert on 2/28 and reservations for an opening event at his new restaurant in Waikiki. Now I gotta dig out my parrothead accessories to wear for both events. (Not the coconut bra and grass skirt though....wonder if hubby would be willing to wear those?)

Lika Nui - please read your private messages!

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
          Lika and Turtlegirl...please check your private messages ASAP.
          Lika Nui - please read your private messages!
          Ouch! I'm not blind, dear! And of course I follow this thread anytime there's a new post. (Heck, I started this thread.)
          Also, I check for PM's every time I log in to HT, and I always try to reply right away or the same day, at the latest. I've already replied to yours a few minutes ago, so...

AlohaCandy, please read your private messages!

Mine is bigger than yours.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Mine is Prettier!

Comment

Erika had this story this morning:

"Jimmy Buffett's at the Beachcomber will open at 10 a.m. Mon. Feb. 2 with a traditional blessing, after which it will welcome the public.
              The singer, entrepreneur and chief parrothead will perform at the restaurant and nightspot later in the month as part of a grand opening, according to publicist Kris Ferrara, though the date has not been set.
              The restaurant was supposed to open at the Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber late last year, but restaurant opening dates are often moving targets.
              The eatery will be 21,000 square-feet and will seat about 500. It has a stage upon which the icon is sure to perform, but it will be broken in by up-and-coming local talent, nightly.
              Jimmy Buffett's is above the hotel lobby and has a retail store at street level offering Buffett-branded merchandise from Frozen Concoction Makers to CDs, apparel and tchotchkes. The Honolulu Surfing Museum off the lobby, is also part of Jimmy Buffett's and will include displays of surfing artifacts and surf-inspired items from Hawaii and points beyond."

The Advertiser finally has it now too, at this link.
              And the website for JB's new restaurant is at [url=www.jimmybuffettsatthebeachcomber.com[/url].

Comment

I Can't wait to see it!!! Get excited!!!

Sorry, AlohaC, Lika,...I was just feeling a little left out!
                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Thanks for the links Lika! Made my font green in honor of Turtlegirl.

Comment

Now that I have my tickets to the Jimmy Buffett concert at the Waikiki Shell on Feb. 28th, I am even happier to hear that there will be pre-concert party at the Elks Club again this year. Last party was great and they raised money for Hawaii Fidos (service dogs). Not sure who they will be raising money for this year. People from all over came for the party last time, including some from "down under". Should be fun. Here's a link to more info on how to get tickets.

http://www.pauhanaparrotheads.org/5_Oclock.htm

Comment

Thanks for that, AC. (And for the PM too.)
                      How was the pre-opening event at JB's new restaurant? I couldn't go due to a conflicting schedule, so I'm curious about how the event went and what you think of the new restaurant.

Comment

We ended up missing the pre-opening event because hubby was sick! I was actually feeling better and thought about going with a friend, but stayed home. However......I was in Waikiki on Sunday and stopped by Jimmy's at the Beachcomber as well as the store. Picked up a few parrothead items at the store and then went up to the restaurant for a margarita (duh!). The menu was almost identical to what I remember seeing at his Margaritaville restaurants. The decor, however, was awesome.....a simulated lava flow running through the floor, a wave breaking over a seating area, whales hanging from the ceiling above the bar. There is indoor and outdoor seating that overlooks Kalakaua Ave. The staff was friendly and the music was all J.B. The big screens throughout the restaurant showed scenes from concerts and tailgate parties. Rumor has it that there will be a post-concert party there. Weekends they have live music. All in all...a fun place.
                        Oh...the store gives kamaaina discounts too!

Comment

Oh...the store gives kamaaina discounts too!
                          Hallelujah!!! And thanks for the report, but sorry you missed the opening too.
                          Countdown: 17 days to the concert.

Comment

Totally excited now....Jimmy Buffett's private concert is on 2/26 and I am going!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

The Star-Bulletin's Nadine Kam has a review today of Buffett's new Waikiki restaurant at this link.
                              They got his name right in most places, but they still need to realize there are two T's in Buffett's name, but.

Comment

Totally excited now....Jimmy Buffett's private concert is on 2/26 and I am going!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
                                who is it for?

Comment

Working...
                                X