What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you currently reading?

"A Question of Character: A Life of John F. Kennedy" by Thomas C. Reeves. I've had the book for a long time but never got around to reading it.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

• Golf Monster, by Alice Cooper

Picked it hoping there would be something about the original AC band, and it turns out there is plenty, and I'm only at the point of them heading to Detroit, circa 1970. So far, this has been a VERY interesting and absolutely hillarious read. A true snurkle-fest.
      Anybody into that era's rock history should tear thru this book ASAP.
      Alice is a great writer, naturally funny, has lots of incredible facts about those times and what the band (that I was/am totally into) had to put up with all-the-while having a great time.

Highly suggested.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: Golf Monster, by Alice Cooper

I am currently reading the book or my 'ukulele book entitled "Discovering the 'Ukulele" written by Herb Ohta, Jr. and Daniel Ho because Herb Jr. is my 'ukulele teacher and I had my first lesson with him this past Friday.
        Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Half Asleep In Frog Pajamas, by Tom Robbins. Almost finished!
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Little Heathens: Hard Times and High Spirits on an Iowa Farm During the Great Depression by Mildred Armstrong Kalish

Comment

24 Hours by Greg Iles. Eh, not so great.

Comment

Currently 1/2 way through 'Digital SLR Cameras and Photography for Dummies'.

Aloha

Comment

In the middle of Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz

Comment

Just finished Horns, Hogs, & Nixon's Coming by Terry Frei. It was the story of the last NCAA football championship game in America, without a single black player on either team. The year was 1969.

Now starting The Best of Plimpton by George Plimpton. Vignettes and excerpts from a variety of his prolific writings.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
                      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

• Miki Dora

All For A Few Perfect Waves: The Audacious Life And Legend Of Rebel Surfer, Miki Dora.

I don't like the author's gait, but there's lot's of quotes and side stories by friends and enemies alike that add a better quality to the overall read.
                        An incredible time and personality. Miki was just a few years behind 'his' time.
                        Last edited by Ron Whitfield; June 22, 2008, 06:50 AM.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: Miki Dora

Just started "Armageddon in Retrospect," a collection of previously unpublished writings by Kurt Vonnegut. The introduction was written by his son, Mark. I'm only about 40 pages in, and my already enormous love and respect for Vonnegut's work has grown exponentially.
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

"Little Stalker" by Jennifer Belle.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Shiver by Lisa Jackson

Comment

"Full Spectrum Disorder - The Military in the New American Century" by Stan Goff.
                                Recommended by a fellow HT'er. I LOVE it so far! Should finish it by tomorrow morning. Review to follow...
                                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                                X