Intervention - A&E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Intervention - A&E

Drug addiction is very strange to me. Having used for most of my life, I have trouble understanding the lack of control that comes with the obvious signs of abuse.

Can you drink 4 beers per day? Or perhaps a couple shots of ol' #7? Can you tie one on on a Friday night, take a cab home, and still work sober on Monday?

Can you puff the cannabis once or twice in the evening after work, or the morning, on a Saturday, with your coffee, right before mowing the yard?

Can you roll the bowl, when the deadline is near, or the pressure is TOTALLY on, or some mundane, repetitive task might drive you crazy, yet must be done?

Having graduated from Substance Abuse counseling, I can say, with conviction, that the folks who have spent their lives studying the psychology of abuse have learned nothing, and have nothing helpful to offer. Their focus of education and credentials is rooted in make-believe and wishful thinking. Their understanding of drugs, along with the effects, motivations, emotional reasonings, and long term effects, is woefully inadequate.

Too bad. So sad. Perhaps you should change careers. Try magic. Or religion.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Re: Intervention - A&E

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      Drug addiction is very strange to me. Having used for most of my life, I have trouble understanding the lack of control that comes with the obvious signs of abuse.

Can you drink 4 beers per day? Or perhaps a couple shots of ol' #7? Can you tie one on on a Friday night, take a cab home, and still work sober on Monday?

Can you puff the cannabis once or twice in the evening after work, or the morning, on a Saturday, with your coffee, right before mowing the yard?

Can you roll the bowl, when the deadline is near, or the pressure is TOTALLY on, or some mundane, repetitive task might drive you crazy, yet must be done?

Having graduated from Substance Abuse counseling, I can say, with conviction, that the folks who have spent their lives studying the psychology of abuse have learned nothing, and have nothing helpful to offer. Their focus of education and credentials is rooted in make-believe and wishful thinking. Their understanding of drugs, along with the effects, motivations, emotional reasonings, and long term effects, is woefully inadequate.

Too bad. So sad. Perhaps you should change careers. Try magic. Or religion.
      I think it comes down to the fact that you think everyone thinks and acts like you, so therefore you can answer for everyone on all these subjects. Your statements become ignorant to think that the whole study of psychology of abuse is useless and meaningless and never helped ANYONE.

Just because I don't have a problem with something and possess good self control and will power doesn't mean everyone else does.

Just as there are leaders and followers.
      website - http://www.brianhancock.com
      blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Working...
      X