Survivor 13 :Cook Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Survivor 13 :Cook Islands

I betcha they are going to change it up again into men vs women. I actually saw lastnights episode. Seemed like everyone was more comfortable with it.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
      Oh thank goodness! I was so sick of seeing the ads for the GMC FooCityOfTheYear and how each survivor is like said GMC gas guzzler because ____.

Do you have a link to a story talking about it? I'd be interested in reading it.

To be honest with you I'm sorta playing devil's advocate because that was my first thought when I heard what they were gonna do: what?!? Sounded pretty dumb and a little offensive. But then a lot of things they do are dumb, and I was watching it before, so hey... I'm not a Neilsen box zombie so no one who's counting viewers is gonna know
      Ditto. What first ran through my mind (like uncountable others'), "WHAT are they thinking??? to do this?" But being blessed/cursed with an open mind and curious nature I held fast and watched the first episode...second... ok... this ISN'T what naysayers predicted/wanted it to turn out to be. It's alright...ultimately it is the same Survivor Story - different CHARACTERS as usual. The separating and eventual coming together is interesting as it exposes the whys of people bonding or not bonding (something we have watched every season). We have much to learn about this aspect of sociology from [I]every[I] season.

Yeah, it's for the entertainment $$$, the people playing are ok with it, so am I. On with the game~
      Speak to me in quiet ways, of moonlit nights and halcyon days~

Comment

wow tonights episode was really interestin. this entire season has reignited my interest in the series. up until last season, i had watched almost every episode of every survivor from the first. then i lost interest last season.

this year really piqed my interest.

My Observations

1. That Korean guy is totally yoked. Seems like to be very intelligent too. I like his and the Hispanic swimmer guys chances. Once they merge, that swimmer guy will be dominant in the challanges.

2. The haole tribe has really stuck together via racial lines. First two of them abandon their tribe to rejoin two of their other original tribe mates and then they abandon the mixed tribe alliance, embrace the turncoats and vote off three minorities in two weeks. I bet the beatnik black guy is thinking "great, we better not lose or the black man is getting voted off the island" In fact, I can't wait till the next episode and am praying that they lose yet again. Will they dare to look totally predjiced on national tv and vote the black guy off? That will be must see tv. I'm betting they won't do it. If they lose the hottie Parvotti goes. Boo!

3. I predict the four from the tribe that is kicking ass now will remain very tight and be the final four. the two Koreans, the black girl and the hispanic guy.

4. It does seem petty but I for one am glad that they are making it personal against the turncoat blonde chick. If they keep winning, I wonder if they will break her? I guess the weather needs to be worse.

5. I am really disappointed that Rollergirl Flicka got voted off. I liked her heart and naivete.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
          2. The haole tribe has really stuck together via racial lines.
          I noticed that. On the other hand, it could be that they're just sticking together because they were an original tribe. Given how little attention has been paid to race by the participants, that seems more likely.

3. I predict the four from the tribe that is kicking ass now will remain very tight and be the final four. the two Koreans, the black girl and the hispanic guy.
          Yeah, those guys rock

5. I am really disappointed that Rollergirl Flicka got voted off. I liked her heart and naivete.
          Yeah, we were too. My wife and I always root for the hippy characters.

They're doing a lot of stuff to really shake up the players' conceptions of the game lately, which is awesome. People have gotten too used to it working one way and I think that's what started making it stagnant. You start getting stuff like double vote-offs, the personal immunity idol, tribe mutinies, early jury formation, late merging with guarded hints that there may not even be a merge at all... lot more interesting.

Comment

Yeah, we were too. My wife and I always root for the hippy characters.
            you talking about hippie tiedye blackbeard Rupert? He is probably one of my all time favorite competitors.

I also really liked that Texas guy who brought along his alliance partner because he thought she deserved a 100K even if it potentially costed him the million - which it did. Colby. He was a great great guy on tv.

honor and character over greed. That made my day.

Comment

I only started watching about half way through Palau, so I don't really know most of the "classic" characters. I watched an episode of the Australia one, and thought it was totally goofy... it is but I kinda missed the point of it I think. It's extreme sports with political intrigue.

I really don't get the "giving up a million at the last minute" thing that always seems to happen. There's always some really nice guy/gal who has some promise or alliance made with someone and decides to "be honorable", while a lot of the time the other party in question is definitely not being that way. They are playing the game for themselves, as it's designed. I can definitely understand wanting to be a good person and honorable and all that, but that's not why they're there... Great example was the dolphin trainer guy a couple of seasons back. He totally would've won if he'd gotten to the final 2. But he dropped out of the final 3 challenge because he liked the girl (who almost no one else liked), which directly handed the win to the extremely competitive guy that was at least admired. His friend was not going to win, no way no how. Why'd he give up? A couple of nice cruises or something would go a long way towards making up to someone for that

Comment

Verry interesting new twists in this episode. Man that Yul guy is damn good. Not only did he turn Jonathan but he did it in a way that really left Jonathan no choice but to be turncoat once again. The guy is playing chess.

As I recall, the Ozzy swimmer guy was dominant in the challange yet again. He will only potentially fall in a puzzle type challange where there are a few strong competitors to him or maybe a pure strength challange where Yul and Adam may have an advantage. Anything involving swimming, running, climbing, or any overall athletic activity seems to give Ozzy a dominant advantage.

As for Jonathan, he is a survivor. I can't believe he turncoated his team again, but this time he was manipulated in a masterful way. The fireworks next week should be unbelievable. There will be three really really grouchy ex-alliance members of his at camp.

Comment

As for Jonathan, he is a survivor. I can't believe he turncoated his team again, but this time he was manipulated in a masterful way. The fireworks next week should be unbelievable. There will be three really really grouchy ex-alliance members of his at camp.
                  In Jonathan's defense, he did try to hint that Yul had the immunity idol by asking the grouchy 3 if they thought he had it. I don't know why they automatically assumed that he didn't. After all, even they admitted that Yul's smart and knows how to play the game.

Glad to know that Yul's idol is still a secret for at least one more week. Now that Nate's gone and Jonathan turned, Parvati, Candice, and Adam will be easy targets. I say get rid of Candice and Adam already. I like reality show drama, but Survivor hookups are just plain gross.

Now the real question is...I wonder how this will affect the jury's voting for the final 2?
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                    Now the real question is...I wonder how this will affect the jury's voting for the final 2?
                    oh you know this effectively kills jonathan's chances of winning.

my vote is for yul. he is probably one of the stronger contestants I've seen on the show due to his intelligence. ozzy is probably just as strong a competitor and teamed up with yul make them unstoppable.

i think yul or ozzy win this going away. not sure who i'd vote for if it came down to the final two. probably ozzy. if you read yul's bio, the guys makes bank as it is. he don't need the million.

Comment

... not sure who i'd vote for if it came down to the final two. probably ozzy. if you read yul's bio, the guys makes bank as it is. he don't need the million.
                      So because Yul's career allows him to make a lot of money, he shouldn't win the million?

Interesting.

Comment

Yeah, I've come to really like Yul... he's very smart and he's just a nice guy. I thought it was hilarious how he played Jonathan.

Kinda too bad about Nate getting caught in the cross-fire, he was one of my favorites too. I guess that's how it goes though.

I totally agree about the Jonathan thing too... he was being really grouchy but he was being 100% right too. They'd just lost three challenges in a row. They were not being very motivated. They got this huge feast, and they drink themselves into vomiting a bunch of it back up.. mmm, good strategy. (And I almost always cringe to think what these Survivor people show the natives of different countries about Americans...) Then to top it all off, they totally blew off the idea of Yul having the hidden immunity. There were only a few people who had been to exile at that point, and they were all sitting right there except for Yul. It shouldn't have been hard enough to believe that they wouldn't even entertain the idea for a few minutes.

Comment

Jonathan, if you are going to be a whore, at least be a high priced whore.

Yul played you and will play you again and when it is 4 versus three, he will dump you.

OR

Yul will keep you around as a pet and take you to the final 2. Gotta call bank on that move.
                          You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Verry interesting new twists in this episode. Man that Yul guy is damn good. Not only did he turn Jonathan but he did it in a way that really left Jonathan no choice but to be turncoat once again. The guy is playing chess.
                            Jonathan did have a small choice. He told Yul that the Aitu members should pick off Nate in exchange for his vote. But he could have faked that move and stuck with Raro. Then Yul would have to expend his hidden immunity and the next in line would be Nate. Then it be 4 Aitu vs 4 Raro which would probably lead to a deadlock on the next council and we be seeing maybe the two candidates race to make fire to see who gets booted. But I think Jonathan felt he most likely end up in that next round vote out plus the fact that the 3 other Raro members wouldn't even consider Yul had the HI made him think turning would help him last longer in the game. Yul did say he would like to have Jonathan as the other guy in the final 2 because it would give Yul a great chance for the mil. Jonathan's not stupid either, if Yul does carry Jonathan to the final 2, it means Yul will have to turncoat on his Aitu friends so Yul will have enemies in the jury going into the final 2. Makes for an interesting strategy play.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                              Jonathan's not stupid either, if Yul does carry Jonathan to the final 2, it means Yul will have to turncoat on his Aitu friends so Yul will have enemies in the jury going into the final 2. Makes for an interesting strategy play.
                              Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Yul was just talking about how he wants to take his Aitu buddies to the final 4, and then he turned around and told Jonathan he wanted to take him to the final 2... was he just bluffing to Jonathan? Could get interesting.

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Yul was just talking about how he wants to take his Aitu buddies to the final 4, and then he turned around and told Jonathan he wanted to take him to the final 2... was he just bluffing to Jonathan? Could get interesting.
                                Oh he was most definitely bluffing. It'd make more sense to take Becky with him to the Final 2. Their alliance seems stronger than anyone else's, and the fact that she knew about the immunity idol immediately after he got it and never said a word to anyone is proof that she's trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X