Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Survivor 13 :Cook Islands

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
    Alternative 3-2. A full frontal assault on Yul. Jonathan convinced Ozzie and Sundra that Yul/Beckie is going to final 2. Not a lot of embellishment there, Yul/Beckie have been close all game. He peppers it with stuff like "I am giving you a 1 in 3 chance here versus 1 in 5" and "if I do make it to 2 with one of you, wouldn't you want me sitting next to you in front of the jury"

Jonathan has already fallen, he is playing like a ronin. He has really nothing to lose. One thought that has crossed my mind is that he is playing for second place, not first.

Lots of moves left......even before 3-2. Yul having the idol is going to be a big factor. Someone is going to have to be sacrificed before that idol comes out of play. Who will orchestrate that sacrifice and who will be the victim?
    No doubt, I think Ozzy and Sundra will be plotting against Yul, not out of spite but out of survival. They know he's tight with Becky and Jonathan's a wild card. I think we will see some huge plays when we get to the final 5, people will be jockeying for pole position and I see Jonathan being the swing vote again.

Comment

Interesting turn of events as Jonathan was voted out last night.

I'm curious to see if and how they'll turn against Ozzy next week.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Jonathan was actually a pretty good player, he just lacked the social skills and he was getting too frustrated. Adam and Pavarti have the social skills where they are lacking almost everything else. It was probably a bad idea for them to vote out Jonathan at this point because he has little power by himself and he's not likely to convince anyone else to ally up with him. With the other two, as we saw on the previews, on the other hand...

Though, actually... it was hard to see, but it looked like Yul voted for Adam on that last one when they flashed all the votes at the end. If that's true it might have some interesting implications.

Comment

Interesting turn of events indeed. The Raro guys made a huge PR offensive by bringing back food and no doubt that helped them. Although since we didn't get to see who's idea it was, bringing back food could have been Sundra's idea too but nonetheless.

Jonathan didn't help his cause this time around by being arrogant and abrasive. Sure the Aitu members are talking behind your back, but by constantly following them around just to try to hear what they have to say isn't winning any brownie points. Not to mention people were still kinda resentful over him hogging up those auction rewards, he had a total of three. If he was smart on the offensive charm, he shoulda bought that first hot dog/beer reward, and then offer the rest of his money to the Aitu members to win brownie points.

PS - Rumor is that this season will have a final 3, if that's true, that changes the game play a bit.
          Last edited by joshuatree; December 8, 2006, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Everybody hated Jonathan, so if he had made it to the final two then whoever was up against him would've almost certainly won.
            But there was still a miniscule chance that the jury would've given it to him anyway for being the one to "outwit, outamrt and outplay" his way to the final two.
            A conundrum, indeed.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Good move by ex Raro. Not a good vote by ex Aitu. The implosion will happen a week early at 6 versus at the predictable 5.

JT, I heard that rumor too, which may explain the bigger jury.

Remember, it takes two shots to take out Yul. Who will be sacrificed, who will be the orchestrator?
              You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Damn damn DAMN the Honolulu Advertiser!
                Here it is, ten minutes before the airing of the Survivor finale, and the Advertiser already names the winner on their website! No spoiler warning.
                DAMMIT.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

This is a show I don't regularly watch, but for now I am watching... just saw two ladies try to build a fire with one getting immunity and the other getting the boot. I don't read the Advertiser website very often, but I generally don't get upset over "breaking news" pertaining to satellite delayed TV shows and sports programming. Often times I prefer it when I want to know like who won the Grammys' without having to sit through a long show.

I suggest American Idol fans keep away from the internet during the run of that show to prevent any spoilage.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Oh man.. the fire "challenge" was so hilarious. We were laughing so hard we were crying, as they kept posting up the later and later time elapsed, finally gave 'em matches.. everyone shaking their heads.

Comment

• Re: Survivor 13 :Cook Islands

I thought Jeff was just going to vote both of them off and have a final two at that point.

Comment

• Re: Survivor 13 :Cook Islands

In case the Advertiser didn't spoil it for you...

Sunday Finale: Yul Kwon Wins 'Survivor'
                        His former competitors awarded Yul Kwon, the "godfather" of the CBS game "Survivor: Cook Islands," with the $1 million top prize Sunday in a classic finale that pitted brains vs. brawn. Kwon, a management consultant who was the soft-spoken strategic whiz in the 13th edition of the game, bested Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth, the effortless athlete who dominated physical challenges as the game neared its end.
                        Honestly I don't know too many people that are still watching this show, but I guess it's doing well enough in the ratings. After the whole "race" brouhaha with this season early on, I'd forgotten all about it!

Comment

Working...
                        X