American Idol 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: American Idol 6

Poor Blake last night. You could barely hear him sing because Destiny's Child was drowning him out.

I've been reading several AI discussions on various MBs and I just don't get the Jordin hype. Sure, the girl can sing...but simply singing well won't make you win AI these days, IMO. I'm sure the teenyboppers of America (including tutusue and me) will fight to keep him in the competition!

Also...while I've faithfully watched AI this season (as opposed to the last 3 or 4 where I didn't really care), AI's turned into just one big commercial. First it was for Coca-Cola and Ford...and now they use it to market upcoming movies?
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      Poor Blake last night. You could barely hear him sing because Destiny's Child was drowning him out.

I've been reading several AI discussions on various MBs and I just don't get the Jordin hype. Sure, the girl can sing...but simply singing well won't make you win AI these days, IMO. I'm sure the teenyboppers of America (including tutusue and me) will fight to keep him in the competition!

Also...while I've faithfully watched AI this season (as opposed to the last 3 or 4 where I didn't really care), AI's turned into just one big commercial. First it was for Coca-Cola and Ford...and now they use it to market upcoming movies?
      word. jessica alba was a beautiful distraction tho.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        word. jessica alba was a beautiful distraction tho.
        How the hell did I know you were going to make a Jessica Alba comment? HOW DID I KNOW?

Comment

How the hell did I know you were going to make a Jessica Alba comment? HOW DID I KNOW?
          LOL. I'm the resident HT ogler. and maybe ogre.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Nikki...shows like AI get pretty stale if the concept stays the same from season to season. So, new formats are tried to cheers and jeers and everything in between. AI already has longevity by TV standards but to keep it going and fresh they'll need to vary the concept. I look forward to seeing what else they come up with. I agree, tho', that limiting song choices to one artist or group is just that...too limiting. We'll see what next season brings!
            Of course, you're right. And I would probably be complaining if they did the same thing every year.

Comment

Destiny's Child? Wha...ooooh...now I get it. Bwahahaha!!! Did Blake sing last night?!
              I've been reading several AI discussions on various MBs and I just don't get the Jordin hype. Sure, the girl can sing...but simply singing well won't make you win AI these days, IMO.
              I completely agree with you. Jordin's really good but, except for being 17, there's nothing overly unique about her. A great set of vocal chops and a great smile are expected.
              I'm sure the teenyboppers of America (including tutusue and me) will fight to keep him in the competition!
              Heh! Tutu the teenybopper! Teenyblooper is more like it! And, yes, Blake's getting my vote. So is Melinda! That's what I find so interesting about this season. Blake's and Melinda's styles are diametrically opposed but I like them equally.
              I guess being on the fringe of the advertising industry I have a natural affinity for watching how advertising evolves. It's so interesting to me to see how AI manages to work advertising into the show. Personally, I think it's brilliant...from product placement to stars in the audience...but I do understand that it can bug people.

Comment

• Tonight's Results.

Of course I'm the loser who reads the play by play on AI message boards as the show's being broadcast to our friends in the EDT!

I'm not going to be home tonight while the show's on, but DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED:

Maroon 5 performs and more footage of their homecomings are featured.

JORDIN AND BLAKE ARE IN THE FINAL 2.

MELINDA was sent home.

I wanted a MELINDA AND BLAKE final 2, but I'm sure those in the music biz are already making her phone ring off the hook.

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOH
                  MYYYYYYYYYYYY
                  GAAAAAAAAAWD

I'm absolutely stunned. Even as VP of the Blakettes...I'm stunned!

Comment

Dear Jordin,

If you want to convince people that you're a "Woman in Love," try not to look and sound like you gotta go #2.

That is all.
                    I did not see this reply. I did not appreciate this reply .

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                      I did not see this reply. I did not appreciate this reply .
                      O/T, but I just realized that # shows up as 'does not equal to' when included in a quote. Is it because # can't be italicized? Hmmmm

As for Jordin, there's no doubt she's a great singer, but I just don't understand how America can be so in love with her and all that nose flaring. I know this is a horrible thing to say, but her "I Who Have Nothing" reprise made me want to slit my wrists.

Comment

Our season ended when Melinda got voted off. I didn't think she could win, her looks and age probably put her outside of the younger voters... but as a musician I thought she was outstanding. I just don't have enough interest in the remaining two for the finals. Though I like Blake's creativity and risk taking.
                        Brad White
                        sigpic
                        http://www.pan-flute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brad White View Post
                          Our season ended when Melinda got voted off. I didn't think she could win, her looks and age probably put her outside of the younger voters... but as a musician I thought she was outstanding. I just don't have enough interest in the remaining two for the finals. Though I like Blake's creativity and risk taking.
                          That's exactly what I like about Blake, too. He thinks and sings outside the (beat) box! He's unique...unlike Jordin. And while I like Jordin a lot, I don't think she's the best this season. Melinda really isn't the AI "type" and, imo, is too good for AI. She'll do fine career-wise, I'm sure.

This is the first AI season I've really enjoyed...well...after the Hawaii season!

Comment

An excellent CNN story by some industry insiders..

Female singer? You better be sexy
                            Brad White
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brad White View Post
                              An excellent CNN story by some industry insiders..

Female singer? You better be sexy
                              Interesting story. Sad, but interesting. I'd absolutely hate to think that Melinda wouldn't get a contract because of her looks. While I, personally, would prefer to see her stay true to herself, a "makeover" is an option. I mean...think how Anna Mae Bullock used to look. And look at Anna Mae, aka Tina Turner, now!!! Dayam...that woman is now 67 and looking better than ever! She's my Age Idol!

Even Elliot Yemin has started the makeover process!

Comment

Tina looks incredible now... surgery, do you think?

I am sure there are exceptions, but in the young market you have to look model perfect for your videos.

I'd listen to Melinda no matter what she looked like... but I am not 17.

Speaking of perfect looks, yesterday we were eating and when finished I just happened to tune to Discovery HD, and on was the exact footage from The Hawaiian Tropic's contest that I played for... beautiful girls... and there I was playing music in the corner. Funny. It was amazing that I happened to see it, it was just a small segment in some show called "Battle of the Beach". I thought it would be about WWll

Brad's Girls
                                Brad White
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X