Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: American Idol 6

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    ...I tried voting last night but was never able to get thru.
    I had the same problem as well from about 8-10pm. I'd say that I probably got through about 6 times. I hope that bodes well for him. After 10 I was able to get through no problem.

My mom voted for Jordin and had no problems getting through.

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
    Blake really got screwed with that last song....

I love Blake. I'd like to see him win still. Either way they both will get deals, no doubt. And this isn't to say I dislike Jordin, she's got a voice, that's for damn sure.
    Hoofreakingray for the songwriting contest winners, but I really wish they'd stop doing cheesy pop songs for the finale. I remember Tamyra Gray's song from Season 3 (Fantasia's "I Believe") and even then I thought that they need to stop it with the cheesy final song.

Either that or have two different songs so that it'll at least be an even playing field.

Still cheering for Blake all the way! I hope he sells more records than all American Idol contestants combined!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      Hoofreakingray for the songwriting contest winners, but I really wish they'd stop doing cheesy pop songs for the finale. I remember Tamyra Gray's song from Season 3 (Fantasia's "I Believe") and even then I thought that they need to stop it with the cheesy final song.

Either that or have two different songs so that it'll at least be an even playing field.

Still cheering for Blake all the way! I hope he sells more records than all American Idol contestants combined!
      Hoofreakingray is right. *does Paula clap for them* They should all just sing "A Moment Like This" and get it over with. I don't think it's a "Who can sing the pop ballad finale song the best contest."

Been on the Idol boards last night/today? I haven't yet. Lots of bashing going on, I'm sure. I'm tempted to cheat to see the results early since Lost is on tonight. In the end me thinks I will tivo AI and watch it later, without knowing the result. Oh the choices!
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I assume you mean all the current season's contestants, because nobody (in all the AI seasons so far) will be able to get anywhere near Carrie Underwood's sales (not to mention her winning almost every award possible).

*does Paula clap for them*
        Bwaahahaha! Can't go to Sea Life Park and see the seals flapping their flippers together without thinking of Paula's clap.

By the way, I didn't see last night's show, but did see the news item yesterday about how she fell and broke her nose. Any sign of that last night?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post

By the way, I didn't see last night's show, but did see the news item yesterday about how she fell and broke her nose. Any sign of that last night?
          Maybe what REALLY happened was that she tripped over the wagon and not her dog? That's some good make up she had on because I couldn't tell.

[cue "OH MY NOSE!" a la Marcia Brady here]

According to TMZ.com (quality journalism, I tell you ) -- all AI winners except Mantasia will perform on tonight's finale. Mantasia couldn't get away from "The Color Purple" on Broadway.

Comment

• "Jordin's got it in the bag" I can remember they were saying the same thing after Clay Aiken nailed Bridge Over Troubled Water.
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

[...]I love Blake. I'd like to see him win still. Either way they both will get deals, no doubt. And this isn't to say I dislike Jordin, she's got a voice, that's for damn sure.
              I'm a Blakette! The Blakers are younger! Personally I feel Blake would be the most immediate money maker for a label but I question his longevity. Still, I hope he wins.
              [...]Either that or have two different songs so that it'll at least be an even playing field.[...]
              I think there should be a variety of songs to choose from...or...both finalists have to write their own songs!
              [...]I'm tempted to cheat to see the results early[...]
              My daughter has VIP tickets for tonight and is hoping to smuggle her cell phone in. If she's able to do that without getting thrown out of the theater, she'll call me (dial me from her purse but not talk to me) so that I can hear the decision live! That call will, hopefully, come in about an hour. I'm hoping that works but not really counting on it!
              Maybe what REALLY happened was that she tripped over the wagon and not her dog?[...]
              That "tripped over the dog" story is akin to high school days and "the dog upchucked on my homework"!!! And, the make up hid everything!

Comment

Maybe what REALLY happened was that she tripped over the wagon and not her dog? That's some good make up she had on because I couldn't tell.
                I'm watching the finale now.

They showed Paula on the red carpet. She seemed to be positively stoned. I hope it's just required pain meds.

Comment

How come I don't see anything when I click your spoiler? I wanna read it. Yes, I decided to be bad tonight.

Comment

How come I don't see anything when I click your spoiler? I wanna read it. Yes, I decided to be bad tonight.
                    I'm not sure why it doesn't work. I'm sure the tags are where they're supposed to be. I suppose what I have to say isn't such a spoiler. I saw Paula on the red carpet, and she seems positively stoned. I'm just hoping it's pain medication that she actually needs.

Comment

Clicking on the spoiler didn't work for me, either...but I got to read it by clicking on the quote button.

The boss is gone for the afternoon so everybody here's reading various live threads on MBs.

I can't believe I get paid to do this!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        [...]That call will, hopefully, come in about an hour. I'm hoping that works but not really counting on it![...]
                        Well...POOP! My kid either had to check her phone in at security or she's in the pokey waiting to make bail!

Comment

Found out the result on the AI boards. Not saying my reaction because it would be a spoiler.

Now that AI is done, bring on LOST!

Comment

Very touching and Dramatic.

I always cry when Winners thank their parents!

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I can't wait for her first music video
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Misc. thoughts about the finale...

Chris Daughtry... love him, but he wears more eye liner than I do.

Blake and Jordin should never do a duet together, LOL

Was Bette Midler's mic off?

I thought the fake awards were really lame-- not funny nor interesting. Last season, they gave an award to a Clay wannabee, and Clay walked on stage while the guy was singing... that was priceless!

Great performances: Melinda with Bebe, WOW! Tony Bennett. Beat boxing duet with Blake. Gladys Knight, she's still got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X